slo’s THURSDAY 8/24 poll - Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy - Have you had one and when was your last one? (m.c.)

• I’ve had a colonoscopy

Votes: 100 70.4%
  • I’ve not had a colonoscopy

Votes: 29 20.4%
  • I have a colonoscopy scheduled

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 1 year ago

Votes: 34 23.9%
  • 2 years ago

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • 3 years ago

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • 4 years ago

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • 5 - 7 years ago

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • 8-10 years ago

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • 10 or more years ago

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Yeah yeah…..not a fun topic today.
But, I want my polls to be fun and sometimes meaningful.
These polls almost always give people something to think about, even if it’s a silly topic.
Today, the topic is a little more serious.

I’ve never hid anywhere how I have severe Ulcerative Colitis - I don’t want sympathy - instead I want people to feel comfortable talking about IBS, bowel issues, colonoscopies and etc with me. This is a topic that many are embarrassed to talk about, and it‘s with that embarrassment that causes people to brush their issues under the rug and hope they go away - the result of that can be terrible and sometimes deadly. I don’t mean to be preachy today, but I feel very passionately about getting these done.

So today I ask……

Have you had a colonoscopy?
If yes…..when was your last one?
(multiple choice)

*poll inspired by me having a colonoscopy this morning.

*no “other“ choice today

For Me……Before today - 2 years ago, which is great for me. I’m currently taking Entyvio, which is given to me through an IV every 8 weeks - it’s been life changing for me. You all don’t even want to know what I had to do before that - let’s just say it was not fun. But it was what it was - everything is bearable as long as you keep smiling and keep a positive outlook.

Keep in mind…you‘re never too young to get a colonoscopy. Last summer when DD20 was still 18, she was having issues and had her first colonoscopy and endoscopy done. She knows the importance of these and did not hesitate to get these done - she handled it like champ.

IMG_1230.jpeg

I’ve had three long before the age you needed to unfortunately they still can’t figure out my problem
I’m glad they got yours figured out and I’m happy that you’re on a medication is helping you
Good for you to spread the word and advocate for others people should be able to discuss things openly and honestly without any embarrassment or fear

I am 51. I fell in that category where they started to recommend them for people starting at age 45 after I turned that age. Two years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and went thru 16 rounds of chemo. I figured that probably killed anything that is lurking in body, but I am on the call back list to get a colonscopy scheduled. Gastro doctors are ridiculously hard to get in to around here.

I am 51. I fell in that category where they started to recommend them for people starting at age 45 after I turned that age. Two years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and went thru 16 rounds of chemo. I figured that probably killed anything that is lurking in body, but I am on the call back list to get a colonscopy scheduled. Gastro doctors are ridiculously hard to get in to around here.
Hugs to you :hug: - I’m very sorry to hear about your breast cancer. A friend of mine is currently going through all her breast cancer treatments and I see how difficult this is. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I need to call. It's time, but last time, had such issues drinking the prep. Half of it came back up. Who do you call at 3 am? I so wish my dr used the pills. Reading threads here, some people mention not even taking anything special but just like double amount of normal over the counter stuff.

DW has had breast cancer, they checked for a genetic gene, she has the Lynch gene so she is more susceptible to certain types of cancer. Has colonoscopy every year. It's worth it. Biggest tip I gave her about the prep which everyone hates, don't stuff yourself with food the day before the prep because you think you're going to starve to death on just liquid for the day, it's not staying in you anyway. She had a co worker told her one time, she had a procedure the next day, they said nothing to eat or drink after midnight so she got up at 11:30 pm to eat because she didn't think she could survive. LOL

I need to call. It's time, but last time, had such issues drinking the prep. Half of it came back up. Who do you call at 3 am? I so wish my dr used the pills. Reading threads here, some people mention not even taking anything special but just like double amount of normal over the counter stuff.
If it was the flavor -I used liquidIV last time and it did make it easier. If it was the volume there isn't much you can do about that unfortunately

Reactions: slo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter