slo’s SUNDAY poll - Football

Do you watch football on Sundays during football season?

• Yes - every Sunday if I’m able - regardless what teams are playing

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Only if my favorite professional team is playing

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Only if my favorite college team is playing

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Only if my favorite pro & college team are playing

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I sometimes watch on my own

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I sometimes watch if someone I’m with wants to watch

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • I’ll watch it at a bar or restaurant

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I’m a bandwagon football fan - I admit it - I’ll watch when it gets exciting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t watch football - I don’t like it

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Loved playing football as a kid. I have never liked Pro or College Football. Too much emphasis on gaining a few yards and not enough emphasis on scoring touchdowns. Let the ball fly!

I voted other because I'll watch sometimes if it's on but we're not football people. Maybe if the Cowboys are playing in the Superbowl. If I'm at a restaurant and there is football on I may glance at it from time to time.

I'm really not a fan, but I might have a game on as background noise or something. I'll watch the Superbowl, usually at a party. That's about it though. I'm not big on sports in general, but I'd rather watch bsketball or hockey over football.

Nope - not a fan of the sport. I'm a bandwagoner at heart though so I watch the Grey Cup in the years when my home team is in it (7 times in the past 20 years). :cheer2:

I guess it is because I was the girl with three brothers, but I thought that everyone watched all sports. Weekends are college football on Saturday and NFL on Sunday, and depending on the teams Monday and Thursday nights. NHL is watched or recorded whenever the Wings play. NBA when there is a big game for the Pistons (rare) or the Warriors. We discovered Steph Curry while he played for Davidson during the March Madness games at Ford Field in Detroit. He made you notice his skill. You just knew this kid was special. Right now the Wings are on vs the Bruins and Stafford's Chargers are on vs Baltimore, Lions don't play until 4:00 but DH works until 3:00 so I am recording both games but switching back and forth between games. It's a good day!

Do you watch football on Sundays during football season?

For Me…..Never
I don’t like football :sad2:
I‘ve tried to like it, but I just can’t do it :sad2:

I'm probably the odd girl out, but I LOVE NFL football. I am watching it right now. I always watch the pregame show with Terry Brandshaw, Howie Long, and Michael Strahan, They are hilarious.
I never liked football when I was younger, and I don't know what happened to change my mind, but I watch starting at 11am (preshow) through 10pm for the night game. I don't just site and watch with eyes glued to the screen. I crochet, cook, get on my computer, etc, but I keep an eye on all the games.
I also watch Monday night and Thursday, and Saturdays when they are playing for the playoffs. Funny, but I don't really care about the Super Bowl unless my favorite team is playing and I rarely watch it. Only the commercials are good, LOL.

I like watching college football but pro.....usually only the Super Bowl.

Other - I "watch" the super bowl (or occasional playoff game) if I'm at a party, but I fully admit I'm really there for the food.

I like it a little. I’ll watch if the Eagles are in playoffs. I also do enjoy Notre Dame U games. So, those are my favorite teams.

I don't like football. I've tried watching games and having the various plays and rules explained to me, but I just never got into it. I'd rather watch hockey.

I’m a girl who loves football. I watch my Giants, even when they suck, which is a lot lately. 😩 I will watch other games, but not as religiously. I also am the only girl in my work’s 16 team fantasy football league. Playing for the championship as we speak!

Curious what college team these people are saying they watch on Sundaay as there is virtually (if not actually none) no college football played on Sunday during the NFL season.

DH and his entire family are sports fans in general. Football is on every Sunday if we are at their house, or if they are here. College football is on if it is Saturday. If people are chasing a ball of any kind, they are going to watch.

I do not get too excited about sports myself, but it is fun to go to a live game sometimes. Every now and then we go to see Notre Dame play, that is always a lot of fun.

I like football but I don’t watch the NFL because I don’t find any of the teams likable. I’ll catch an NCAA game here or there but I’m not a huge fan of how it is set up.

Now, spring football is where it is at for me. Fox seems to be doing a good job setting up the USFL to return this spring and The Rock and Dany Garcia still have the XFL planned for a 2023 return.

I watched the CFL playoffs this year and enjoyed it so if they return this summer I may try to get back into that too.

I sometimes watch with my dh. He is a fan of a team not in my state so they are not on tv here too often. His team also stinks this year so I feel dh not as into it.

I'll watch football occasionally; I like to get a lot done on the weekends so if the weather is good, I'll watch nighttime football games

Favorite team and Super Bowl for commercials and halftime show since it’s been years for The Raiders at Super Bowl. We always skipped Pro Bowl. Have always felt it’s not needed and kind of boring.

Lately though, the NFL has become boring and there’s a lot of cracks. Although Gruden wasn’t the best NFL coach, those email leaks although his conduct was clearly wrong, the NFL immediately squashed all other leaks/conduct to be publicly known. Which means they are hiding a lot. Hence Gruden’s lawsuit which will be settled out of court for an undisclosed amount in the multi-millions.

There’s also a huge shortage the past couple of years of quality players especially quarterbacks. With the upcoming draft this spring, it’s an known issue where teams have been trying to talk to retired quarterbacks into coming back.

With Rogers airing his grievances, Brady’s temper tantrums, A player retiring during halftime (forgive me don’t know his name off hand), Antonio Brown’s (granted his has major off the field issues plus no doubt CTE) yesterday walk off mid game, I think we’re going to see more of that going forward due to the The Great Resignation and/or Speak Out movement.

We ditched the Olympics last year due to the treatment of athletes. Like everything else sports overall is in a transition/change period.

Long story short. We’ve been less interested lately. Could be an age thing with us, or it’s just not fun anymore, or life is getting in the way, or the direction sports overall is heading, or a combination of the above. We’re not as glued in as we once were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter