slo’s MONDAY 6/26 poll - Spinach On Pizza

Spinach on pizza - your opinion and what type of sauce? (M.C.)

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 21 20.4%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • It’s just ok 😐

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I don’t like spinach anytime 🙁👎🏻👎🏻

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Red sauce with spinach pizza

Votes: 11 10.7%
  • White sauce with spinach pizza

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • I like both sauces equally with spinach pizza

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I don’t eat pizza

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters
The only white sauce pizza I've ever heard of was Lou Malnati's some time back. I don't see them talking about it currently. I've never had white sauce. As for the spinach, I think the only times I've had that is on a vegetarian pizza from Buona. And then it's only a few leaves, can't really even discern the spinuch taste.
Living in the land of pizza, every pizzeria has many white pies. It’s more ricotta/mozz than a sauce.

No thanks. There is a frozen one with bacon, onion and kale that we like though. And no white pizza of any kind has ever really done it for me.

I love spinach on pizza!

At the local NY style pizza parlor, DD11 and I will get a white pizza with spinach and mushrooms. (It's not really white sauce, since it's really just fontina & olive oil instead of red sauce.)

I know Sbarro is falling on hard times, but I used to get a slice at the mall I'll call "garbage" pizza. It was always loaded with vegetables - onions, spinach, olives, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms, all kinds of random vegetables, so good.

I love spinach on pizza! I voted white, because when it's a main focus (spinach & mushroom, for example) it's usually on white where I've had it, but I've also had "veggie pizza" with red sauce that had a little spinach among a lot of other veggies, and I love that too.

Nope

I do love spinach in mashed potatoes. :)
Oooh, I never thought of that! Now I have to try it.

Voted other, as I have no strong opinion of spinach on pizza. It's not something I usually order - I get margherita or mushrooms and green pepper - but I would eat it if it was there.

Some of our favorites from local places:
Garlic, marinara sauce, spinach, tomatoes, artichokes, spicy chicken & feta
Pesto, Mozzarella, Feta, Grilled Chicken, Pancetta and Fresh Spinach
Garlic Butter Sauce, Pesto, Mozzarella, Crispy Chicken, Fresh Spinach, Bacon and Cheddar Cheese

I love fresh spinach on pizza, along with fresh sliced mushrooms, green and black olives, and red sauce.

Depends. Not as a random topping, but there are some where it works. I thought that spinach and mushroom was typical for Chicago style stuffed pizza.

I like spinach on pizza. In fact, some friends and I ate at Blaze Pizza last night and I had chicken/bacon/spinach/roasted garlic pizza with white sauce. It was so good.

I chose "white sauce" which in my mind is just wrong. For me, the correct way would be spinach with ricotta, mozzarella, cracked red pepper -no "sauce"(i.e., pizza bianca)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter