slo’s FRIDAY 3/22 poll - Seafood Tacos 🌮

Seafood Tacos - What’s your opinion, what type do you like and where do you eat them? (m.c.)

• I like seafood tacos

Votes: 50 45.5%
  • I somewhat like seafood tacos

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • I do not like seafood tacos

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • No opinion - I’ve never tried seafood tacos

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I like fish tacos

Votes: 55 50.0%
  • I like shrimp tacos

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • I like another type of seafood tacos

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I eat them at a restaurant

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • I eat them at home

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Since it’s Friday during Lent and many of us don’t eat meat today, I thought it’d be a good time to discuss seafood tacos. Tell us…..

What is your opinion of seafood tacos?
Do you like fish, shrimp or something else?
Do you make them or only order in a restaurant?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I love shrimp tacos and I only eat them when I’m in Florida at a restaurant. One day I need to make them at home. I’ve never had fish tacos - one day I need to make those too.

IMG_1611.jpeg

LOVE shrimp tacos 🌮❤️❤️❤️ local restaurant has them and they are delicious I get them all the time

I’ve tried fish tacos at several places they’re OK but they can’t replace the shrimp tacos

I love fish tacos. I have made them at home but mostly eat them at restaurants. It is hard to find a good fish taco. The fish needs to be grilled not breaded. It also needs really good toppings. My favorite fish taco has mango salsa and shredded cabbage. :)

Yeah make Fish tacos all the time - Mahi Mahi is the preference when I can get it.
Shrimp Tacos as well, but not everyone in the family eats Shrimp so don't make them as often as Id like.
Similar with Tuna. - not everyone will eat Tuna Tacos.

My favorite fish taco has mango salsa and shredded cabbage. :)
Yeah - always make a mango salsa for them with lots of fresh cilantro - or pineapple for the Mahi Mahi ones.

I like seafood tacos ...Shrimp are okay but fish are my favorite. It can be a nice, light meal that goes great with warmer weather.

I eat little meat in general. I like shrimp, fish, and scallop tacos. I’d probably eat other seafood tacos if it was an option.

I do not eat seafood. I can’t stand the taste. Dressing it up in a taco costume doesn’t change the taste. :crazy2:

I am more likely to make mac and cheese or veggie pasta with tomato sauce if I want a meat free meal. Sometimes I will just have a peanut butter sandwich to keep it simple.

I love tacos and I love fish, but the idea of making a fish taco and then putting a slaw on top? Not so much. I have tried them on occasion and am just not a fan.

For Me…..I love shrimp tacos and I only eat them when I’m in Florida at a restaurant. One day I need to make them at home. I’ve never had fish tacos - one day I need to make those too.
I love shrimp tacos too but for some reason the sound of fish tacos just sounds odd to me so I've never tried them either. My DH is off with his brother today and I was pondering what to have for lunch by myself. There's a place up the street that sells seafood. Maybe I should try a fish taco!

Other: I have never had seafood tacos, but I do have an opinion of them. I do not think I would like them because I do not like any kind of seafood.

Fridays during Lent were torture (and it's not like I "need meat" to have a good meal... there are plenty of vegetarian dishes I like just fine... but why was it always seafood?) Seriously, I think I'm traumatized! 😂

I love tacos and I love fish, but the idea of making a fish taco and then putting a slaw on top? Not so much.
I think this me too. The tacos I like are basically the kind of thing they serve at Taco Bell. When you swap out the beef/cheese/lettuce for the fish & slaw, it's not really a taco anymore (IMO)

I'm not a huge taco fan, since tacos are usually made with corn tortillas and most restaurants use mass produced commercial corn tortillas for their taco items. Flour is more durable than corn, but even the really good flour tortillas don't taste right with seafood, IMO. The family owned Mexican and Tex-Mex spots use homemade corn ones which taste so much better and can handle the eating process better without disintegrating. As for the seafood in them- fish, shrimp, and crawfish are most common here. While fried is always an option, I prefer grilled, broiled, or blackened with some kind of slaw, avocado slices and spicy aioli.

Locally, one of our neighborhood churches and a couple of the family owned local restaurants offer Friday night fish-fry during Lent. No tacos...just a stereotypical southern fish-fry for the Lent-observing parts of the public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter