slipper dessert

suedisney

Mouseketeer
I've heard about this, but need to know where it can be ordered, purchased? I'd like to have it given to my Mom for her 60th b-day. We're having lunch in the Castle.....any ideas? Is it a call-ahead dessert? Thanks

As far as I know the slippers can only be ordered from the Grand Floridian ( although I have heard of 1 person saying that were offered to California Grill in the Contemporary?) You have to call the gf and get transfered to the bakery. The price is now $14.00 each and if you do a search you will find a pic and alot of people's comments. I believe you need to order more than 48 hours in advance.

There are LOTS of threads on this, you can do a search if you want...

You can only order them through the Grand Floridian, but they will serve them at any of their restaurants, including their food court, tea, and room service. Just can't leave the grounds due to the ingredients and presentation.

You have to call the GF Bakery in advance and place your order. Then just make your PS wherever you wish, and when you arrive, mention it to your waiter/waitress.

We had a lovely lunch at the GF Cafe one afternoon and surprised my mom with the slippers. They are beautiful, delicious, and she was blown away. Seeing that she's a self professed Disney addict AND a CM that didn't even know they existed, it made it truly special for her.

They are $14 a piece now. Worth it only if it'll really blow someone away and if you'll eat it all. Otherwise, I don't think it's truly worth it... for most people, regular things at Disney are surprises enough =)

BTW- The Castle does not offer them, but I do think they have something served in an actual glass slipper, do some searches, you might find out more. But it's not the slipper dessert that has been pictured and talked about at length here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter