Size of Caribbean v. Saratoga

wonderchica

Mouseketeer
For those who have stayed at both Caribbean and Saratoga, which one is bigger? I know sometimes “bigger” is more of a feel than an exact measurement when it comes to resorts! Both locations would be standard rooms. Family of two adults and 2 kids, 8 and 6. We'll have a car. Previous stay was at Coronado, if that helps give a reference point.

I think Caribbean feels more spread out - it's a big giant circle around the lake and not as many places to crisscross - Saratoga is a large overall footprint, but fairly easy to get from section to section with the big bridge through the middle and the road between Congress and Grandstand in a sort-of T shape to that bridge.

Saratoga felt more spread out to us. That being said, we found both resorts to have pretty calm, low key vibes overall.

I've walked the whole circle around both (been there during RunDisney weekends when I wasn't visiting parks). When including the treehouses, Saratoga is definitely larger. In general, the buildings also seem a bit more spread out there than at CB. I think the studio rooms at SSR are also slightly larger than CB. When I stay at SSR, I like to request a room in the Paddock area for proximity to the best pools, main area, and easy walk to Disney Springs.

In terms of picking one versus the other, if you are using your car for most things or are spending time at Disney Springs -- I would pick Saratoga (plus you get the extra magic hours at MK/Epcot in the evening). If you are planning to spend much of your time at HS or Epcot and enjoy the Skyliner, I would pick Caribbean Beach. My kids ages 8 and 10 would probably pick CB for the Skyliner.

Last edited:

We like resorts where we can have amenities close to the room.

At OKW we will only stay near Hospitality House.

At CSR we will only stay preferred.

A shop or a lounge or the lobby does me no good if I have to get on a bus or walk a mile to get to them.

If I had to stay at South Point Road at OKW, I'd just stay offsite.

We stayed at CBR right after they opened. We were in an area where we pretty much had to get in the car to get to any of the resort amenities, never again.

OP - CSR is another resort a lot of IDS people find "huge" LOL, so how did you do when you stayed there?
We have stayed at all the "big" resorts and have never used our car inside any of the resorts. We're a family that doesn't find a 10 minute walk as "forever" and that is about the longest it would take from the farthest part. But now that I am getting closer to 65, this will start changing. LOL With that said, we would pick CBR for a few reasons. You have 2 skyliner hubs to choose from (one on each end), they have beverage freestyle stations all over the resort to refill your mugs, we like the theme of the pool a lot better, the rooms have just been refurbed. The only draw for us at SSR is the EEH and DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter