Sister Challenge - moved to New Years Resolution in July

kmp1191

<font color=red>Dorfus Chickendoodle at your servi
Ok....there's a reason I'm here. I would like to lose weight the old fashioned way! I've done it the "pill" way, but I gain it back. I started running last year and felt great, but didn't really lose any weight. I stopped running in October (DW vacation!) and have gained 16lbs! I would like to lose about 25-30 lbs. I currently weigh 165 and am 5'5. I don't have the money to do WW, or join a gym, but I do have a treadmill.
I have 2 jobs, 2 kids and a husband...time is not on my side.
I guess my question is...how do I take the time for me (excersize) and not feel guilty?

First of all, welcome! :welcome:

I also have 2 kids, a husband and a job (only 1!) and no treadmill... I have to make time to go to the gym. I try to go 3x a week right after work before I pick the kids up from their afterschool program. You just have to make time! Since you have a treadmill, maybe you can wake up 1/2 hour earlier and work out in the morning before everyone else gets up? I don't know your schedule, I am just throwing out ideas...

You can do it! :cheer2:

Thanks for the input! I appreciate it. I know I have to start getting up earlier in the morning...I just HATE mornings!! My DH laughs at me because I'm such a bear in the morning. Ok....here goes....tomorrow I WILL get out of bed at 6:00 and do 30 minutes on the treadmill!! That is goal #1. Goal #2 - more water...no cokes! ( I drink Coke Zero, or Caffine Free Coke)

wish me luck!! I'm gonna need it!!

Welcome and congrats on a new start!!

Don't feel guilty about getting healthy! Think of it this way: a half hour away from your kids/husband to run on the treadmill can extend how many years you have with them later! A healthier you is a better you, for you, your husband, and your kids!!

Is it possible for your DH to watch the kids while you run? Or run in the evenings after they go to bed! As the poster above said, get up early and run in the mornings. The first few mornings will be tough, but after a while that morning run will fuel your energy for the day!

Good LUCK and remember there's a lot of support here for you!! You can do it!! :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :cheer2: :bounce: :bounce:

Another thing I just thought of - try joining an Exercise Challenge on the main board. There should be another one starting for Feb. Sometimes that is the only thing that gets me to the gym - I don't want to fall short of my goal! :blush:

And don't feel guilty about making time for yourself. Sometimes as moms we forget that we need some of that every once in a while...

Ok....got up this morning at 6....got on the treadmill.....made it 7 minutes!! I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH MYSELF!! I was running 5k's last year....and now i can't even handle the treadmill!! I SUCK!!

:furious:

Don't get discouraged! You eased out of shape, you have to ease back in. Tomorrow you will be able to do 8+ minutes, and before you know it you will be the boss of that treadmill!

Hang in there! :cheer2:

Thanks AZ....I needed that. You're right....I had to train to be able to run the 5k's....i need to train to get healthy again.....i'll make it.

I told my DH this morning that for our DS science fair project we should do it on "Exactly How Wide Can Mom's @$$ Get Before It Busts?" :rotfl2:

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted. I might actually go walking on my lunch break today....

Hi there, and welcome!!

Congrats on waking up to go on the treadmill today!! :thumbsup2 That's the important thing today..that you got up to do that. Not that you didn't do as well as you liked. You'll get there!!

I'm currently doing the couch-to-5K walk/run program. I've tried before & gave up. This time I'm really determined. I don't think you can expect to wake up today & run a 5K like you used to. Your body has gotten used to not running. But you'll get there again!! Keep it up!!! :cheer2:

Take care, and keep posting!! We're all here for each other!

Can you give me more info on the Couch-5k thing?
I think my problem this morning was....i hate the treadmill!! I would rather be walking outside...much nicer view than the bedroom walls!!

goal for tomorrow.....
#1 - 30 minute morning walk....outside!
#2 - WATER WATER WATER!!! i have drank NONE today!! 2 rootbeers, but no water!! (I can't drink cokes....too much caffine...fibrocystic disease...breasts will swell - obscenely!!!)
#3 - salad for lunch....today was pasta....and a bunch of it!!!

i'll see you tomorrow....wish me luck!! :wave:

Ok....I did it!! Got up at 5:55am (ugh!) and did a 30 minute walk - outside!! FELT GREAT!!! cold, but great!! Now I'm off to a bowl of Cheerios and to get ready for work!!! Thanks for the encouragement...keep it coming!!

(I can't feel my face...bbbrrrrrrr)

You DID IT!!!!

AWESOME!!

Now go warm up and face the day knowing that you did something GOOD for YOU!!! (and for your family!)

Have a great one!

Hi:
I don't have a journal here right now. But I do have one on AOL. I am losing weight the old fashion way too. I did WW and right now just don't have it in me to do WW.

I joined Sparkpeople.com and it helps me track my calories, fitness and set goals for myself.

My name over there is savin4disney and I post a lot.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Great job on getting back on the wagon.

Savin4Disney said:
Hi:

I joined Sparkpeople.com and it helps me track my calories, fitness and set goals for myself.

I signed up on there yesterday!! I'm actually pretty excited about it! I also signed my husband up....he wants to lose about 40 lbs.! He is also going to start walking w/ me in the evening!! I figure if I can do 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening, I'll be doing pretty good!! Also, my boss told me this morning that she wants to join CURVES...we're going to check it out on our lunch hour. Ok....now I'm getting pretty pumped about THIS diet! Support is a WONDERFUL thing!! (and not just in a bra either !! lol)

B-fast
1c Cheerios w/ skim milk
8oz juice slush

Lunch will be:
Salad w/ fat free ranch
5 baby carrots

Dinner -
Tuna Salad on wheat toast
cucumbers w/ fat free ranch

does that sound ok??? plus LOTS OF WATER!!

oh yeah, if anyone has any opinions/advice about CURVES, let me know...I don't want to pay for something that doesn't work....done that tooooo many times!!

thanks again!! :hippie:

Congrats! You are off to an amazing start! How wonderful that your DH will be on this journey with you.

As far as Curves goes, I have heard that it is really good for people starting a workout program, but after a while you will outgrow it and need to move on to a gym or something more challenging. But I'm sure it will be a start in the right direction for you!

Your food choices look really good, keep it up! :cool1:

I am having a really bad day....not food wise....people wise :headache: !! I've done really good w/ the food...

salad for lunch....1 rootbeer....NO WATER....UGH!! 2 hersheys kisses.
normally it would be a cheeseburger, fries, 3 cokes and a dozen kisses!

see you all tomorrow!

Sorry you're having a rough day, but congrats on not letting it get you down!! :thumbsup2

Keep on going...you're doing GREAT!

DH and I did a 2 mile walk last night...felt great!! Nice spending time w/ him w/ no interruptions!! We made plans to do it at least 4 days a week! Looking forward to it!! :banana:

Not off to a good start today, but thinking positive!! had to be at work extra early and was rushing...

b-fast-ham buscuit & small coke (big no-no!)
lunch-tuna on crackers
dinner-salad

I NEED MORE WATER!!! That's where I'm running into problems...not enough water intake....

Goal for today.....3 glasses of water!!

I CAN DO THIS!! :yay: (he's doing jumping jacks!! lol)

Yes, water is SO important! Try to drink a glass at least with every meal. It makes you fuller faster, so you eat less, and it keeps you hydrated.

You can do it! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter