Singles/Solos/Adults Food&Wine 2014 Roll Call!

Amfie928
I'm doing both of those at the same time. I'll see if I can find my LGM and put it on my bag.

GrandMum said:
Amfie928
I'm doing both of those at the same time. I'll see if I can find my LGM and put it on my bag.

Yay! I love meeting new peeps! I am going to have to make a LGM. I will be wearing my mouseketeer outfit for MNSSHP... I am so looking forward to this trip! I will have to see if one my more 'crafty' friends can make me a button!

Going to the World from September 21-26 on a solo trip. I'll be staying at Pop.

We'll be there from 10/26 until 11/2 - for my birthday and F&W. We're doing MNSSHP on the 28th and again possibly on the 31st, but we haven't decided just yet.

I can't wait!

I'm doing the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour on 10/27.

I was thinking about the Marceline tour on 10/27, but that Monday is my 'attack F&W' day, so I'll probably be in Epcot from rope drop til 'I drop'.

Quick update about ideas that are floating around, "They" are going to test out having more Slush Specialty Cocktails at the kiosks, like the ones at the France Pavilion

Oh oh oh, speaking of France Pavilion, my favorite thing after work is to walk over and get a Baguette in the bakery in the back, just past the ice cream shop and the the gift store.... yum yum

You get Sea Salt butter with your Baguette price = $2.95, it is almost two foot long for the full size , yum yum, spread some butter on this fresh bread and it is like a bread popsicle

I do enjoy the slushes, but they tend to be a bit light on alcohol. Mixed drink wise at Epcot, I usually go for the the Tipsy Duck, Singapore Sling, and Happy Lychee.

I've got the Parisian Breakfast booked, so I'm thinking they'll have some of those baguettes available with the meal offering.

I am doing the Marceline to Magic Tour on 10/24 8am. It's been on my bucket list for awhile. Hope I don't party too hard at MNSSHP the night before! :)

Amfie928

You should see me (and my parents) on the Marceline tour, as 10/24 seemed the best fit for my touring schedule.

December 15 - 28. But It's my first time traveling to Disney and I have no idea what f & w means. You guys abbreviate stuff pointlessly. It's like you purposefully want to exclude newcomers, which is a very egotistical thing to do, if it is the case.

December 15 - 28. But It's my first time traveling to Disney and I have no idea what f & w means. You guys abbreviate stuff pointlessly. It's like you purposefully want to exclude newcomers, which is a very egotistical thing to do, if it is the case.

F&W is the Food & Wine Festival, but it'll be over by then. It took me a little bit to figure out the less obvious abbreviations, as well. Some are useful, some aren't lol.

Hi Nataly and welcome to the boards! 'F&W' stands for Food and Wine Festival which takes place every year around fall. We do abbreviate things quite a bit around here but it's certainly not to exclude newcomers. Quite the opposite actually! There are so many attractions, events, parades, etc. that it's much easier to just abbreviate them instead of writing them all out. There is a list of common abbreviations you'll find throughout back on the welcome page that's pretty handy. Of course if you have any questions, just ask! Enjoy!

Sorry about that ... the abbreviations pretty much become 2nd nature after a while, especially with Food & Wine Fest being one of those events that draws regulars down year after year. For the past few years the F&W Fest has become a great time for adults and solo DISers to meet up and hang out.

I edited the main thread title for clarification. trust me, the regulars around here are in no way try to exclude any new folks :goodvibes

Girls Weekend Oct 1-5
BLT/BWV

15 women w/no spouses and no kids and a lot of tasting seminars booked....look out Epcot

I am considering attending the Epcot Food and Wine Late Nights Live on September 25. Are there any other solo travels also considering attending that night?

Will be "coming home'" Sept. 12- 26. My cousins are coming for part of the trip, 17-24.
Looking forward for the solo trip and then visiting with them.

We will staying at the Dolphin for our Disneymoon October 26-30! Been to Disney many times but never for F&W, so we are very excited!

Ill be there from 10/11-13. I may or may not have two friends with me, depending on the time of day we are wandering around. Its their honeymoon so I gotta give them their romance time and all! So Ill be doing a lot this trip solo!

We're planning for a single overnight from Sept. 27-28 without the kids. We are trying to get some of our friends to go but it might be just us. We have other things we can do in the area once Epcot closes, probably won't do MK.

*Booked at Boardwalk- woo!

Nov 2nd thru 7th.. getting the tail end of F&W and getting to see the first night of Christmas...Staying at CBR.. trying to convince a coworker to join me, or else i'll be going it solo and meeting up with some friends who are going to be there for parts of my time there... but always willing to make new friends. :-)

Second trip this year, was there in April for spring break with teacher friends... and was supposed to have my son and gone for the summer but that didn't work out. :-(

Hoping to catch a bunch of the stuff i've run past when going in groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter