• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Single Rider

Kevenswife2

WDW vs DLR...impossible to choose a favorite!
Are the advantages of being a single rider a thing of the past? :guilty: Do single rider lines still exist?

Last edited:
Well, no one sits within six feet of each other for everyones safety so no need to fill in every last seat. So single rider lines won’t be coming back for a long time, til the pandemic is not a thing would be my guess. New advantage though: due to the distancing, as a single rider you can actually see things now as no one is near you blocking your immediate view. You also get to ride Smugglers Run alone, which is a very different experience with advantages and disadvantages.

Well, no one sits within six feet of each other for everyones safety so no need to fill in every last seat. So single rider lines won’t be coming back for a long time, til the pandemic is not a thing would be my guess. New advantage though: due to the distancing, as a single rider you can actually see things now as no one is near you blocking your immediate view. You also get to ride Smugglers Run alone, which is a very different experience with advantages and disadvantages.
Very true.
We cancelled our October trip, but would have been a very different experience for the 2 of us having cars and rides all to ourselves.
Not sure I would have liked it as well, but you would be able to see everything.

I'll be all alone on Smugglers Run? No other single rider put in the far opposite corner from me? That will be strange. Never thought of that.

I'll be all alone on Smugglers Run? No other single rider put in the far opposite corner from me? That will be strange. Never thought of that.

I ended up riding Smugglers Run by myself last week and it was a little weird. At least I got to be a pilot but I do enjoy the ride more when I am not all alone.

They don’t put strangers next to strangers anymore so no reason for single riders. You get your own car or your own row with empty rows between groups and yes your own MF.

We do rider swap so we have ridden alone on some things - including Rise (which is a weird experience the first time to ride it!).

Yes, I rode alone in a Smuggler's simulator this past week.

No advantage at any attraction at WDW to being a single rider right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter