Single parent w/3 and 5y/o

Kate1234

Earning My Ears
Hello,I am taking my first trip in December with my 3 and 5 year old by myself. My 3 year old will not be tall enough for some of the rides- is there an option of her waiting with a CM at the ride while I take my 5 year old on the ride? Thank you in advance for your help!

That is not a liability Disney would allow their CM's to take on. Actually CM's aren't even supposed to hold out an arm to help you on/off rides. So no, they certainly cannot watch your kid. Sorry.

Thanks for your reply. I’m not familiar with Disney or their rules. Wasn’t sure if there were options for people in my situation besides not going on the ride at all.

Sorry, but you'll have to stick with rides that all 3 of you can ride 3 across. Your sons are too young to sit alone in a 2 seat row together (per Disney's rules) so you'll want to plan out which rides will work for you based on this. You will probably do best at MK, although there are a few rides at Epcot that also fit your situation and a couple at AK.

I am in the same boat, but I learned that some of the babysitter services offer in-park helpers that you can hire to go around the park with you specifically for this kind of thing. That way, if one wants to ride and the other does not, the helper can stay with one while you go with the other. Or, if everyone wants to ride but the seats are only 2 across, you can ride with one and the helper can ride with one. Plus, you have an extra set of eyes making sure everyone stays safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!