Side by side comparison 2020 Point Charts vs 2019

Technically speaking the only way they can book a room before 11 months is if it wasn't declared into inventory or as part of a reservation string for a reservation up to 7 nights.

Confirmations for fixed-weeks are sent 12-months in advance. I always receive my confirmation e-mail, for the following year, sometime during my fixed week reservation when I am at Walt Disney World.

Confirmations for fixed-weeks are sent 12-months in advance. I always receive my confirmation e-mail, for the following year, sometime during my fixed week reservation when I am at Walt Disney World.
Certainly, that's a special case. They could be sent 2 or 3 years in advance if they wanted to. But they are fixed and you couldn't secure just a single night 12 months out using the fixed week.

Looking at the chart for OKW it looks like 3 of the 20 had no increase, 2 of the 20 had a decrease and 15 of the 20 had an increase. Unless that chart is wrong this was a total net point increase across the entire resort. I thought our points were to retain their value.

There's 2 things that you have to consider - 1, that all 1BR's and studios at OKW come from 2BR lockoffs and are calculated only as 2BR's for reallocation purposes. 2 - not all seasons are the same length so an increase in 2 shorter seasons might be offet by decreases in 1 longer season. Or it can be that it is smaller increases in 2 seasons but larger decreases in 1 single season.

The fixed weeks were added to the Multi site POS (maybe individual) and state that they are an exception to the first come first served basis for reservations in the Plan.

I can 100% confirm that they pull rooms even before 11 months. That being said, I'm not sure if this was booked with Disney's own percentage or breakage. I was offered a (one) comp night in a studio for a terrible, air-condition impaired, BWV stay in July (3 nights with no reaction at all from management, but I digress). They gave me a list of DVC properties to choose from, and I was able to book a BLT theme park studio for 12/31. I cannot imagine any scenario where owners would not book that room, but it was allowable within the rules, so I booked it - 12 months in advance.

I don't see how they could have done that. Dean mentioned under what circumstances they could but if it was this July then I don't believe any apply.

I don't see how they could have done that. Dean mentioned under what circumstances they could but if it was this July then I don't believe any apply.
DVC can book rooms at 11 months with their points, but they don't have people logging in into the website. They probably have a routine that runs at 8:00am sharp, it could allows to preschedule what to book and it reserves it as soon as the 11 months window opens.
Or they might be able to prebook and if an audit arrives they'll say they have a routine.

Bad stay was July 2017, booked comp room Jan 2018, stay is tomorrow. Hopefully, we will have air conditioning :)

DVC can book rooms at 11 months with their points, but they don't have people logging in into the website. They probably have a routine that runs at 8:00am sharp, it could allows to preschedule what to book and it reserves it as soon as the 11 months window opens.
Or they might be able to prebook and if an audit arrives they'll say they have a routine.

It was a 12 month booking done by DVC to compensate for an issue. Not 11 months.

@Henwen88 did you get a reservation id at 12 months that you were able to link to MDE?

Yep. But it was odd how it was listed - said something like industry 40% comp room. Not the typical confirmation/DVC point only stay. And when calling to confirm a detail I got the run around - called MS, who kicked me to Disney, who kicked me back to MS to even open up the booking. Led me to believe that this is not something that occurs frequently. Hopefully I will have a room in a few hours when I show up, lol.

Edited to add: I just wanted to mention it because pre-11 month rooms do get pulled (somehow). There were quite a few of resorts that were on the Do-not-allow list, and I'm sure after I did this that BLT will be on there too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter