Sick of social media

I’m good with it right now, but when I’ve had enough, I step away. There is nothing wrong with taking a break - or getting rid of it completely - if it’s bringing any angst to your life.

Oh, I'm missing something, who is Jones? And what's the drama?
Dow, Catherine Zeta, Toby, James Earl, Tom, Angus T.

There are a lot more, but who has the time to list all the famous Joneses?

popcorn::

I actually think FB doesn't have much of that, like another person maybe it's my generation (30s). We're too busy paying them student loans, trying to get some income going, having kids or adopting pets (or both lol), etc to be trying to one up each other. Anyone who shares good news like closing on a home or starting a new job or the occasional vacation never comes off bragging (at least the people that are on my news feed) but rather simply a sense of accomplishment or well wishes or excitement for their travels.

On the other hand I agree with another person the DIS has more of that here but that's also due to the conversations we all engage in.

Drama IMO happened more on FB but I just unfollowed the people who haven't yet realized the drama in their lives is much more of their own making than other people causing it.

I got rid of Facebook for security reasons. My friend asked for donations to a charity, and somehow I was able to send money to her without even having to sign in to Paypal. It accessed my Paypal--without requesting a new login--even though the last time I'd used that feature was more than 5 years ago! It pulled money directly out of my bank account, too. So I got rid of both Facebook AND Paypal, and I don't miss either one. Never had Instagram or Twitter, though I'm reading the trainwreck that is twitter now. But seriously--just leave it. Truth is, you won't miss it and no one will miss you either (so don't feel bad leaving--not gonna hurt anyone).

That is why my only social media is for me to check up on things I want to. I have absolutely not friends on it. And the only drama is that from posts on the daily county COVID update.

Reactions: shh
FB is still a thing? Ditch it back in 2011. Never had instagram or twitter. Maybe deactivate FB and take a break for a bit like for 30 days? If you're not missing it after 30 days then delete the account.

Facebook gives me plenty of ideas where to travel next. Most of my friends are posting travel photos. Then, I get the occasional conspiracy theory along with what folks ate for Thanksgiving.

• Haha
Reactions: shh
Unfortunately I am at the age were fb is the equivalent of the news, better then the news it is very personluzed on what I need to know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter