• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shows Still Happening?

Kevenswife2

WDW vs DLR...impossible to choose a favorite!
I've just started planning a whirlwind trip for next month, and I haven't kept up with all things Disney as I never expected to visit during 2020.

Question: Are shows such as Festival of the Lion King and Beauty and the Beast still being performed?

Quick answer: no, they are not.

Longer answer: Disney and The Actors Equity Association, the union representing the CMs in majority singing or acting roles, have been in a dispute over how to deal with the virus. Things like how to properly social distance, regular testing, among other things. Since they can't come to an agreement, shows like FotLK, BaB, Indiana Jones, and Finding Nemo, among others, are still in the dark.

Beauty and the Beast has been temporarily replaced with The Disney Society Orchestra and Friends. It's a 20 minute show with music from various Disney movies. No one on stage actually says anything, so they don't need the actors guild to perform this.

Quick answer: no, they are not.

Longer answer: Disney and The Actors Equity Association, the union representing the CMs in majority singing or acting roles, have been in a dispute over how to deal with the virus. Things like how to properly social distance, regular testing, among other things. Since they can't come to an agreement, shows like FotLK, BaB, Indiana Jones, and Finding Nemo, among others, are still in the dark.

Beauty and the Beast has been temporarily replaced with The Disney Society Orchestra and Friends. It's a 20 minute show with music from various Disney movies. No one on stage actually says anything, so they don't need the actors guild to perform this.
That AEU and Disney dispute was resolved about 3 weeks ago, Disney just decided to keep everyone on indefinite furloughed for now except the sectors for Savi's
So at any moment Disney can recall. To the original poster just check on mde and go to the park and filter to entertainment and you'll see what's open

That AEU and Disney dispute was resolved about 3 weeks ago, Disney just decided to keep everyone on indefinite furloughed for now except the sectors for Savi's
So at any moment Disney can recall. To the original poster just check on mde and go to the park and filter to entertainment and you'll see what's open
Ok. Thanks for the update! The original dispute was widely publicised in the news. I guess the resolution wasn't. I even checked around before posting, and didn't see anything.

I don't expect Disney shows with live actors to return until regular theater is cleared. I know most of our local houses (large and small) are not putting up any new shows until January, and I believe Broadway is currently on the same timeline. There is still a lot of concern about ensuring performers' safety especially in shows that require singing.

And we really enjoyed it.

Not the normal "level" of WDW entertainment,but very enjoyable in a Covid-controlled WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter