• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we go or not this Summer 2018?

Yeah I'm like some kind of warrior once I get behind the wheel and I do ALL the driving..I'm more calm than DH and he's better with the GPS. It's not for everyone though.

Yeah def look into the insurance thing, it never hurts to shop around...
Good luck with your trip planning, your daughter is very lucky!!

Good for you! My husband is actually ok driving that long, too. But I insist he takes a break. By the time he could take a rest from driving, I’m already sleepy and tired, too :P

Last edited:
Go! I went every year when my son was growing up. We stayed a value resort each trip. Now he brings his 3 boys each year and DH and I get to go too! Nothing better than family time in Disney

I say go! We had been trying to get pregnant for a long time and putting off vacations because we didn't know if I would be pregnant. We finally decided to just book a Disney Cruise and treat ourselves to some fun and distraction from our pregnancy problems. We had a great time, certainly don't miss the money or wish we hadn't taken the trip and two months later we went with our family to Disney World and got to announce that we were expecting! He is now 3 months old and we are so happy and also have so many fond memories of each trip we took that year. In my experience, it's the trips that you don't take that you regret. Not the ones that you do.

Go! I went every year when my son was growing up. We stayed a value resort each trip. Now he brings his 3 boys each year and DH and I get to go too! Nothing better than family time in Disney

Thank you for responding! That's a really nice story! It's something that we would want to be when that time comes --- vacationing with our grandchildren :) Enjoy!!!

I say go! We had been trying to get pregnant for a long time and putting off vacations because we didn't know if I would be pregnant. We finally decided to just book a Disney Cruise and treat ourselves to some fun and distraction from our pregnancy problems. We had a great time, certainly don't miss the money or wish we hadn't taken the trip and two months later we went with our family to Disney World and got to announce that we were expecting! He is now 3 months old and we are so happy and also have so many fond memories of each trip we took that year. In my experience, it's the trips that you don't take that you regret. Not the ones that you do.

Awww... I really appreciate everyone's responses! These are the things I want to think of, and also tell myself that "If we take the trip, we won't regret it, because of how much fun we will have as a young family". I'm getting teary-eyed knowing your story! Congratulations on your beautiful blessing!!!

You were right about that. The truth is, part of what's also holding me back is that nagging question, "What if we get pregnant? We could use more of the money for our next baby." But the truth is, it's not really happening... it did, but well... So, it's also really nice to hear that from you...

Thank you!!!

Thank you for responding! That's a really nice story! It's something that we would want to be when that time comes --- vacationing with our grandchildren :) Enjoy!!!
Thank you we will enjoy every minute, I'm so excited I could burst!

Go! Stay at a value resort, eat counter service, go easy on the souviners, but Go! You will not regret it.

The plus side is you will benefit from either choice. Not going, you save, going, you make memories.

I would say to go since your daughter is in the prime age range. When she hits her teen years, she may not want to go. Also, you never know what the future holds, so if you don't go, there may be other things that prevent you from going in the future too.

The plus side is you will benefit from either choice. Not going, you save, going, you make memories.

I would say to go since your daughter is in the prime age range. When she hits her teen years, she may not want to go. Also, you never know what the future holds, so if you don't go, there may be other things that prevent you from going in the future too.

You're right about we won't really know what's ahead of us. I have some friends who'd joke and say, "YOLO!" For those who don't know, it means "You Only Live Once!"

Everyone, I am very happy to say, we just booked our 1-way ticket, vacation package, and car rental coming back home (Budget has a $9.99 car rental one-way) last night! We finally decided and finished all these at 11:30 pm! Your responses really helped us decide! Thanks everyone!!! Also, since I was focused on making sure to reserve before the 3rd week of June and the cheapest hotel fee/night; I didn't realize that on at least 1 day, my kid and her best friend are going to be at Disney at the same time! My DD has been wishing to be at Disney on the same week as her BFF's! Just told her BFF's mom, and we're so excited! DD's BFF is leaving on our 3rd day. We arrive past dinner time.

Thanks so much, everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter