Should we change our trip to room only package and 4 day tickets?

KMP12

Mouseketeer
We have the kids 50% dine deal. If I switch to room only and buy the 4 day park pass it looks like we save $1400. Granted we would lose dining but no way we'd spend that much...we have only ever done package deals is there any disadvantage of doing this? Our LAST TWO trips we had to cancel 24 hours before arrival. 1st time kids got covid second time our son came down with a nasty stomach bug. They were very accommodating and rescheduled us no problem...give me any reasons why we shouldn't?

How many nights and party size?

It’s probably worth taking the package that saves you $1400, but what exactly are the differences? What were the original park tickets?

How many nights and party size?

It’s probably worth taking the package that saves you $1400, but what exactly are the differences? What were the original park tickets?
5 nights 2 adults one child

5 nights 2 adults one child

Not sure if you had regular DDP or quick service DDP.

Regular DDP is roughly $95/nt for adult and $30/nt for child. You can buy that for 5 nights at $1,100.

Unless the tickets are different, sounds like you can save at least $300 changing your package.

Then you could decide whether or not to add the dining plan.

Not sure if you had regular DDP or quick service DDP.

Regular DDP is roughly $95/nt for adult and $30/nt for child. You can buy that for 5 nights at $1,100.

Unless the tickets are different, sounds like you can save at least $300 changing your package.

Then you could decide whether or not to add the dining plan.
We had the regular dining plan. Our sons was 50%. Total trip was like $3800ish at pop. If we do room + tickets at all stars it's around $2300. Saves $1800ish. We would just pay for 2 or 3 TS and then just eat quick services.

The 4-Park Magic tickets cannot be cancelled. They will convert to a ticket credit if not used/expired. You may be able to change the dates, paying any difference in ticket price, but be mindful the 4-Park Magic ticket offer is only into mid-Sept (9/22). If you need to reschedule later than that, you’ll pay for full-price tickets. You cannot use that ticket credit for a package deal.

Well I just realized it's a 4 day 1 park per day. We wanted to do 2 MK days 1 HS and 1 Epcot. Skipping AK this trip. So it won't work. Thanks everyone +
Goodness, for the amount you’d save, our family would certainly consider changing up plans. Is there a particular reason why you need to skip AK?

Goodness, for the amount you’d save, our family would certainly consider changing up plans. Is there a particular reason why you need to skip AK?
We just decided to skip it this trip. It's our sons least favorite park and we just got kind of bored. He has SN so the pretty scenery and shows aren't his thing unfortunately 😕

I added up what we would spend out of pocket for food and it looks like we'd save around $700 since we would be paying out of pocket for food. Still a big chunk of savings so we are really torn!

Pop has an advantage with the skyliner over the all stars. Skyliner could get a little backed up at rope drop or park close (bus lines will still be worse). Rest of the day is super easy.

$700 though… could go a long way in buying some ubers and/or other trip upgrades.

What time of year do you plan?

Pop has an advantage with the skyliner over the all stars. Skyliner could get a little backed up at rope drop or park close (bus lines will still be worse). Rest of the day is super easy.

$700 though… could go a long way in buying some ubers and/or other trip upgrades.

What time of year do you plan?
May!

We have the kids 50% dine deal. If I switch to room only and buy the 4 day park pass it looks like we save $1400. Granted we would lose dining but no way we'd spend that much...we have only ever done package deals is there any disadvantage of doing this? Our LAST TWO trips we had to cancel 24 hours before arrival. 1st time kids got covid second time our son came down with a nasty stomach bug. They were very accommodating and rescheduled us no problem...give me any reasons why we shouldn't?
We have that package too and I thought about switching but we added park hopper plus option for the water parks and have the dining plan. I'm just outside of 60 days and will be making my last payments soon, decided to keep what I have and not mess with it.

We have that package too and I thought about switching but we added park hopper plus option for the water parks and have the dining plan. I'm just outside of 60 days and will be making my last payments soon, decided to keep what I have and not mess with it.
It's a really good deal. We'd save money but wouldn't have all 5 nights of table service either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter