• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I stay or Should I go?

WxKristin

Mouseketeer
The great debate first posed by those great troubadours of The Clash.

Thinking about adding a quick trip over the middle of July that crosses Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic date (July 10-13). Direct flights on Allegiant Air (<$200 each) via SFB. Studio Rooms at Saratoga or Boulder Ridge. We have annual passes. Would likely rent car via Costco ($~150). Family of 4 (2 kids 7 and 10).

Some additional notes:
I would be borrowing the points (~50) from our August 2024 use year.
I wouldn't have to put the kids in summer camps that week ($500-700 savings).
It's allegiant air and we would need to pack everything our personal backpack.
It's allegiant air and if they cancel we are screwed.
DVC moonlight magic could easily be cancelled due to storms.
I might not even get into moonlight magic due to queue issues.
It's July; it will be stupid hot.
We already have a trip scheduled Aug 3-10 at Beach Club (last one for our AP; skipping WDW in 2025).

I just can't decide if it's worth it or not. It seems silly and not worth the hassle, but it also seems like it could be fun to be semi-spontaneous (at least by DVC standards).

I'm probably the worst person to ask - we are not local and after traveling to WDW 3x's in 2023 to squeeze the most out of our APs, I told myself no more WDW trips until Holidays 2024...yet somehow we decided to go for 10 days in June and then a last minute spring break trip in March (both times I used not having to pay for childcare/camp as a solid justification #disneymath). As long as you're comfortable being a bit flexible w/ your plans, I say go for it. After all, is it really summer without a little spontaneity?

Last edited:
Well it is stupid hot in Illinois too. And you are saving summer camp money. And you have APs.
I would go and either rope drop. Lunch then go find someone cool temp to do and then go back later and stay till closing.

Go because you want to go and are able to do so, especially if you enjoy staying at Boulder Ridge Villas and/or Saratoga Springs. Do not go solely for Moonlight Magic because registration is not guaranteed and the offering is subject to weather conditions.

Also, DVC members receive a discount for tickets to H2O Glow at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, which offers the same experience without the worry of securing a reservation.

For us, after doing HS Moonlight Magic a couple of years ago we decided that it wasn't worth planning or extending a trip just to go for MM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter