Should I go?

Not sure we'll even be allowed into the US by then. We were going February (already cancelled) and August 2021 but it's looking less and less likely.
Fingers crossed for you!
I was working on the assumption that the trip isn’t cancelled, but it would make my life so much easier if it is 😂

Thanks for your reply! Wow I didn’t realise it took an hour on the shuttle! We are staying at Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites on International Drive so I think it’s the same one you’re talking about. We weren’t planning to use a car.
You’ve pretty much listed all my concerns but it’s good to hear it from someone else. I’m leaning towards cancelling but it breaks my heart a little bit 😕
Save your money, put it someplace where you won't spend it. Then resolve to add to it as much as possible and before you know it you will be able to afford it and maybe in the meantime you can find someone to share the expense with. A relative or friend, perhaps. Spending a lot of money and then not being able to enjoy it, is no prize. You're better off to just wait. WDW opened in 1971. I wanted to go when it opened and wasn't able to afford it until 1983. It was worth waiting when you have no restrictions and can just relax and enjoy it.

Save your money, put it someplace where you won't spend it. Then resolve to add to it as much as possible and before you know it you will be able to afford it and maybe in the meantime you can find someone to share the expense with. A relative or friend, perhaps. Spending a lot of money and then not being able to enjoy it, is no prize. You're better off to just wait. WDW opened in 1971. I wanted to go when it opened and wasn't able to afford it until 1983. It was worth waiting when you have no restrictions and can just relax and enjoy it.
Thank you, I think I am going to do this. It felt like such a touch decision but you guys have made it a lot clearer.
It’s hard to step outside your own situation and see the bigger picture. You’ve made me realise that there will be other opportunities and that there are lots of awesome Disney people out there too!

I'm team cancel! Save up and come solo in the winter months. September is HOT af!! and every time I see people dragging a newborn around the parks I think to myself, "why on Earth would you want to do that?" Just all of the stuff you have to bring with you and dealing with a stroller. ugh. I can't tell you how many countless people I've seen yelling at each other over the top of a stroller in the parks lol. If you go with these people, guaranteed you will leave Florida hating Disney AND your friends.

I'm team cancel! Save up and come solo in the winter months. September is HOT af!! and every time I see people dragging a newborn around the parks I think to myself, "why on Earth would you want to do that?" Just all of the stuff you have to bring with you and dealing with a stroller. ugh. I can't tell you how many countless people I've seen yelling at each other over the top of a stroller in the parks lol. If you go with these people, guaranteed you will leave Florida hating Disney AND your friends.
I’d rather not hate Disney and my friends, it doesn’t sound much fun 😂

Sounds like you've decided to cancel. Given the circumstances, I think this is the right decision.

The only way this trip could work for you is if you were able to swing your own room (and not just a bedroom in the suite--a completely separate room). And even then, you would have to treat the trip as a solo trip, where you happen to see your friends once in a while. Unless you could do that... no. Not worth it.

Thanks to covid I hadn’t seen my friend for months, until a few days ago when she told me she was pregnant and that she had added the baby onto the holiday. It was only a short conversation as it was raining and we aren’t allowed to meet indoors.
The suite has a bedroom with 2 queen beds, and a kitchenette with a sofa bed, so one of us was going to be on the sofa bed anyway. I don’t think there is a door between the two parts of the suite but I’m not sure.
I haven’t spoken to her about it yet as I wanted to let the information sink in, and also I don’t want it to seem like Florida is all I care about 🤣 Obviously I’m happy for her too!
I don’t think they would have to cancel, just remove my name from the booking. I’ll probably lose the money but we haven’t bought park tickets or anything, so it’s not as bad as it could be.
My gut tells me that everyone is waiting for Someone to raise the cancel or postpone issue. Trust me ... we’ll feel the sigh~of~relief breeze on this side of the pond.
Far more important are the mechanics of your first trip. Please ,,, SOS ,,, stay on site. Immerse yourself in the experience. Keep the outside world OUTSIDE. It, truly is Magic. And ,,, everyone on the Dis adult/solo and over inthe First Timers group are gonna help you make it happen. Send that email about ‘seriously thinking’ about not going. One more item from experience. We took the tribe when our grandson was just 4. He would have been better at 5 and much more so at 6. And unless soon to be Mom & Dad are die hard Disney fanatics AND must have a snapshot of Mickey holding the Baby ,,,, this is soooo not the trip for them. Mom should be getting 3-hour afternoon sessions at the day spa. But that’s just me.

Hello! I’m new here so please tell me if I’ve posted this in the wrong place :)

I’m meant to be going to Orlando next September (postponed from this year). There are 5 adults altogether, we are all from coming from the UK and are sharing a suite at Ramada Plaza.

The issue I have is that my friend has recently found out she’s pregnant. She’s added the baby onto the holiday who will be 3 months old when we go, and I’m considering cancelling out of the trip altogether.
Apart from me, everyone is related to my friend (her boyfriend, her brother and her dad), so I’m worried the holiday will be nothing like we planned and I will be an outsider (It’s my first time in Orlando so we were going to do EVERYTHING)

3 weeks with a screaming baby, limited sleep and long days sounds like a nightmare. I get fatigued as a result of having (really well controlled) arthritis, and no sleep is just not an option.

I really want to go to Orlando though, and I’m worried I won’t get chance/won’t be able to afford another trip if I’m not part of a group.
Help!
One way this could work is to get your own room at one of the value Disney AllStars Resorts,even if, to keep your cost down, this means you might go for a shorter time than the rest of the group. Meet up with your friends for some rides and some meals at the parks. You would have the best of both worlds. A solo trip without being totally alone all the time. But you can have plenty of time to take in the parks at your own pace along with some occasional meetups. I guarantee you’ll have the best vacation of anyone else in your group.

It's a good decision to cancel. This trip would totally be controlled by the baby's needs and should be that way. You would be doing ride swaps. There would be frequent bathroom visits. If mom is breast feeding there would be time needed there. If baby can't nap well in a stroller then park hours with the group would be cut short. Mom will more than likely be more tired and that could cut the day short in the parks. Photo time would probably increase with the baby which takes time to do. If the baby is a crier at night then sleeping time could be affected by all.

Obviously, you have to handle the cancellation carefully and not offend anyone.

Last edited:
I love kids, and there is no way I would take a 3 month old to Disney, especially in Sept. That poor baby will be miserable in the heat. However, I get that isn't up to you. If I were you, I would do as someone else said and try to get a room at a value resort at Disney. They are pretty cheap, and you would have transportation built in.

Hi everyone :) Thank you for the great advice! In the end, I decided to cancel. As covid has made it impossible to actually see my friend, and phone calls are hit and miss, I wrote her a letter explaining my decision. It only took two weeks to write! 😂 I’m happy I chose a letter though, because I was able to word it in a much better way than I ever could in a conversation.
I am now officially not going to Disneyworld! It’s a bittersweet feeling but I know it was the right decision. My friend seemed to understand and she sorted out the cancellation without any hiccups, so I think we are okay. A lot has happened since we last spent any amount of time together (last March), so I think we just need to get to know each other again when covid allows.
And hopefully one day I’ll make it to Florida 🤞

Hi everyone :) Thank you for the great advice! In the end, I decided to cancel. As covid has made it impossible to actually see my friend, and phone calls are hit and miss, I wrote her a letter explaining my decision. It only took two weeks to write! 🤣 I’m happy I chose a letter though, because I was able to word it in a much better way than I ever could in a conversation.
I am now officially not going to Disneyworld! It’s a bittersweet feeling but I know it was the right decision. My friend seemed to understand and she sorted out the cancellation without any hiccups, so I think we are okay. A lot has happened since we last spent any amount of time together (last March), so I think we just need to get to know each other again when covid allows.
And hopefully one day I’ll make it to Florida 🤞

thats good that you came to a decision both of you are happy with. And you never know, you might end up with a solo trip to Disney and a staycation where you and your friend re connect and you meet her new baby :)

thats good that you came to a decision both of you are happy with. And you never know, you might end up with a solo trip to Disney and a staycation where you and your friend re connect and you meet her new baby :)
I hope so! It just seems so far away at the moment. Pandemics suck! 😂

Maybe you can get lucky and use covid as a chance to cancel and get your plane ticket money back, at least. Like others have said, a three month old will completely change the trip you had in mind. Even if it sleeps all the time, mom is going to be exhausted and you'll be stopping every five feet for baby's first picture. Hopefully your friend will understand that, while you're happy for her, the trip dynamic has completely changed and you don't want it to cause ill feelings if you've spent alllll that money and don't have the trip you imagined.

Thanks for your reply!
We’ve been on similar trips before, not for as long and not with my friend’s dad, but I know we all gel quite well together.
I think it would have worked fine originally because we all wanted the same things out of the holiday and we had loosely planned out an itinerary, before covid hit and threw everything up in the air.
Now it’s a completely different scenario and I agree, we definitely need to have a frank discussion about the realities of the trip and if there’s any way we can work around them.
The last thing I want is for there to be arguments on holiday.

The answer to your title is yes. Now, I suppose I should read your original post. :p

Kidding. In your case, it doesn't sound like you'd really have a good time. You could always just save your money and go solo.

Hello! I’m new here so please tell me if I’ve posted this in the wrong place :)

I’m meant to be going to Orlando next September (postponed from this year). There are 5 adults altogether, we are all from coming from the UK and are sharing a suite at Ramada Plaza.

The issue I have is that my friend has recently found out she’s pregnant. She’s added the baby onto the holiday who will be 3 months old when we go, and I’m considering cancelling out of the trip altogether.
Apart from me, everyone is related to my friend (her boyfriend, her brother and her dad), so I’m worried the holiday will be nothing like we planned and I will be an outsider (It’s my first time in Orlando so we were going to do EVERYTHING)

3 weeks with a screaming baby, limited sleep and long days sounds like a nightmare. I get fatigued as a result of having (really well controlled) arthritis, and no sleep is just not an option.

I really want to go to Orlando though, and I’m worried I won’t get chance/won’t be able to afford another trip if I’m not part of a group.
Help!
It may work if you get your own room. I would not want to stay in a suite with a 3 month old baby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter