Short Trip -- After Hours + 2 Park Days, or 3 Park Days?

tevasrule

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I will be in Orlando for a conference in July and my husband will join me when the conference is over. We'll spend 3 days/2 nights at WDW. What do you think is a better strategy for the day my husband arrives? I will check out of my conference hotel (off property) that morning to move over to an on-property hotel. He is taking an early morning flight and should get to Orlando by mid-morning.

Our options are:
  • Meet at hotel, store bags, head to Disney Springs, back to hotel for a rest, and then Epcot After Hours
  • Meet at hotel, store bags, spend the day in Epcot, back to hotel when park closes (no After Hours)
We'll do 2 full days in the parks for the other days of our stay. We've been to WDW a few times so this will be a fairly low-key trip. Is Epcot After Hours worth it? It's appealing to us because it could possibly be cooler outside at that hour, plus the lower crowds. It looks like I'm eligible for convention park tickets through my conference so the price difference between After Hours and a 2-day ticket and 3-day ticket isn't too significant.

Thanks for your advice!

So...this is just me...but EPCOT in just a few hours wouldn't be enough for me. So much to do and see...and eat... that I need more than just a few hours to accomplish my EPCOT day. However, you might be perfectly happy with just a few things for yourselves. If it was me...which, sadly, it is not...I would choose
  • Meet at hotel, store bags, spend the day in Epcot, back to hotel when park closes (no After Hours) No matter what, have a great trip!

3 park days

I've done After Hours. While nice, it is short and not a lot of time to do things.

How much of world showcase is open for after hours?
I think I’d go for the 3 days as well and skip the after hours.

Thanks for the advice, everyone! It looks like World Showcase basically shuts down with the exception of the rides. We're leaning toward 3 park days. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter