Sheraton Vistana for Marathon Weekend 2024

Chanty30

Earning My Ears
Looking for stay options for the marathon weekend 2024. The Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, Lake Buena Vista is a possibility. Would this resort likely offer shuttle transfers to start and finish for the races or would this resort only be feasible if we have our own rental car. In the latter case, what would the traffic situation be for the starts on Thursday and Sunday?

I've stayed here before during Princess Weekend (although not to race). You'd need a car. Thursday--the 5k-- is self-contained on Epcot and so traffic is not a problem to get there. For Sunday, you also have different approach paths you could take to avoid/mitigate some of the road closures.

Looking for stay options for the marathon weekend 2024. The Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, Lake Buena Vista is a possibility. Would this resort likely offer shuttle transfers to start and finish for the races or would this resort only be feasible if we have our own rental car. In the latter case, what would the traffic situation be for the starts on Thursday and Sunday?
I’m local so I always drive to races. For the half and full marathons, Epcot Center Drive will likely be blocked off. I never have a problem driving up World Drive to the Epcot exit.

Okay, thanks @nancipants and @jmasgat, that's good to know. So it looks like it might be a viable option.
I think the best option for days Epcot Center Drive is closed (so Saturday/Sunday) you could still take 536/Epcot Center Drive onto Disney property, but take the exit onto Buena Vista Drive toward the Epcot resorts, then get onto World Drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter