Share Your Best Tips HERE

Pixie Power!

DIS Veteran
Ok there must be a tread somewhere on this board with these listed but I couldnt find one, so lets start a new one.

Share your best tips for packing, travelling, in the resorts, parks, resturants the lot!

Me first.

Zip locl bags - a must! I always have one at the ready for my camera on wet rides.

Who's next....

Emma

My best tip: Never underestimate the importance of a mid-day break. Both adults and children alike will need a rest; touring a Disney park for 10+ hours straight can really take its toll on anybody. A mid-day break doesn't mean going back to your resort for a swim or nap, it can be sitting on a park bench for a half hour and just people-watching. Or, enjoy a nice sit-down lunch. Don't forget those breaks! :)

Let me know if I'm starting to sound like an advertisement, but the 24 oz. Brita bottle (or any other filtering water bottle) was one of the best investments I made! It only cost me $7 at Target!!! :smooth:

I second the Brita Water Bottle. We used it constantly, even to fill the coffee pot in the room.

If you use a stroller, bring a bandana to tie to the handles to help you spot your stroller quickly. My bright neon green bandana saved us a lot of time. The only time it took a few minutes to find our stroller was after Small World. There must have been 200+ strollers between SW and Peter Pan. DH commented on how helpful that was several times during our trip.

What is special about a "BRita Bottle", ???? I will have to check our Target store, any place else you have seen them??? Do they have carrying strap???. We drink lots of water too, and will be easier to just fill up at drink fountain. Except some water causes upset stomachs in our family--will this help.???

Be prepared for the walking....

Increase your walking and your kids walking prior to your trip....If you are not used to walking you will burn out quicker at WDW than those who are used to walking. Wear good fitting shoes or sandals, and bring at least TWO pairs of sneakers per person with you. Switching off shoes each days is a lot easier on the feet. Even if the pairs of shoes are identical (which mine are), no two pairs of shoes fit exactly alike. This is also good if one pair of shoes gets wet, nothing worse than soggy shoes....

We went to Downtown Disney the night before we went into the parks and bought "Guest of Honor" badges for my boys. They LOVED the castmembers calling them by name. A simple "Good Morning, Gavin" made his day. He felt special...

We are taking our kids for their first trip to WDW this June. They are DS age 6 and DD age 3 (though she must think she's going on 13!)

Anyway, I have guest of honor badges on order for them right now through "Gifts of a Lifetime". It will be an "airplane surprise". I'm hoping the CMs really will make them feel special.

Mogs30
Brita bottles or any other type of bottle that filters water works. The Britas don't come with straps but they are sold all over WDW at most of the carts that sell beverages. I found a bottle holder in AK that fits long skinny bottles for about $10. As far as where to buy them, most stores like Target, Walmart, etc. sell them. Hope this helps!! :smooth:

travelin tigger, thanks for input. You stay at Music it looks like. We are staying there when we go too. Not until Feb 2003 :( but we ARE GOING!!!!. 1st time too. :) I am learning so much from this discussion board. Everyone has such great advice and helpful hints. :)

We knotted a small length of lime green ribbon to ALL our luggage or carry on Items. It made it so easy to spot our luggage going to and returning home from WDW.

Plus we found it too hard to find other Dis members at Meeting points [Dis members must be super shy] even though we had our Lime green ribbon prominately displayed. We found it was nescesary to call out Dis,Dis to any likely looking members and That worked!! We found our Dis group to ride ToT with!! What fun to fill a TOT Elevator with our Dis Friends!

TOTDis.jpg

We used bright orange yarn to tie to luggage and stroller, you couldn't miss our stroller coming off the rides! A little ziplock bag with some first aid items in it in the backpack. A little girl fell and bumped her knee at MGM and I looked like "Martha-Mom" when I pulled out a bandage :D

A picture of each child in your backpack.

This tip was on the boards a while back, to countdown days until Disney make a paper chain. We did this and the kids coloured each piece as we put it together, we marked their birthdays to countdown too. (All 3 of my kids are born within a couple weeks of each other, bad planning on my and dh's part :D) Each night they took off a link.

Leading up to the trip we also had the kids earn "Disney Dollars" that I made on the computer, this was to be their spending money. We did pad the amount in the end but we used it as leverage to clean rooms etc., we gave them $100 to spend over 10 days however they wanted. This included extra treats over and above the odd ice cream etc. that we would buy as a family. There were no "I wants" at all, they knew how much they had to spend so they were thoughtful about what they bought.

this is going to sound stupid - but don't wear a black t-shirt in the summer!

i have alot of black and last year when we were at wdw in june, i felt 10 degrees warmer when wearing my black t-shirts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter