Shaping up for 2.0

I don't want to lose weight, but I want to gain some muscle.

I am home and I am up for this as well. :thumbsup2
I am back on my Isagenix program and expect to have all my weight off by the time we take our trip in Dec./09 :yay:
I am also working on building lean muscle mass as well. :banana:

I walked again today! It was so beautiful outside...I felt great by the time I finished. :goodvibes

calypso*a*go-go said:
I walked again today! It was so beautiful outside...I felt great by the time I finished. :goodvibes
Woo! :cheer2:

I think I know what my plan for week one will be. I've been losing consistently (slowly, but consistently) for the past month, but this week the scale won't budge, even though I know I was 'on plan' as far as eating goes. *mumblegrumble*

Seems like it might be time to add in some exercise back in. :yay: <--- He seems to be enjoying jumping jacks, at least. Maybe I can be like him. :laughing:

Well, I went for a 4-mile walk last night, and was hoping to get out again today, but it didn't happen. I did, however, spend about 2 hours in the veggie garden planting, weeding and hauling hoses for watering.

That's a lotta jogging! :cheer2:

Have you experimented any more with the EA active 'game'?

I did one in the more and then other tonight after the sun had gone down. No I hadnt gotten back to EA active again yet, the weather has been so nice I have been trying to exercise outdoors. I enjoy that more, however my allergies dont ;)

only thing I have used my Wii for the last couple of days for was for Punch-Out ;)

Ahh, I hear ya about the allergies. Mine haven't been so bad this year, but my husband's been miserable. We better get a lot of nice plants out of it, at least. :rolleyes:

I put Active on my anniversary present suggestion list (it's this week), so I'm thinking I may be trying it out sooner than later. :thumbsup2

I would love to join in on this group. I too have some weight I'd like to lose before my next trip in February, and then more by the time the cruise comes around. I've lost 2 pounds so far, so that's my motivation right now. It's definitely tough at work with everyone ordering out all the time. I'm finding my office door shut more than I used to. That helps keep the temptation away.

:grouphug:

I can't jog because it absolutely kills my knees...so a fast paced walk is about as good as it gets! :cool1:

I walked 3 miles yesterday and walked again this morning. I may try to get another walk in tonight. I won't be able to do much Tuesday through Friday since I have to work my two jobs.

I can't jog because it absolutely kills my knees...so a fast paced walk is about as good as it gets! :cool1:

I'm right there with you. Mine are shot and running means extreme pain for me. So we'll be walking. We'll just have to have a couple of the super-speedy ones go grab us a couple of hammocks at Serenity Bay for when we're done with our stroll.

okay I just finished my 1st day of the 30 day EA Active challange. Was 16 sets of exercises (not 16 different exercises, most were repeated twice) The first workout ran about 15 minutes, burned about 175 calories and I will admit I worked up a bit of a sweat doing it. One area that this has an advantage over Wii Fit is that its 1 exercise after another, you dont have to go back to the menu and pick a new exercise option this just rolls into the next exercise. There are instuctional vids at the start of each exercise but you can skip it once you know how to perform them. I still say the resistance band is too wimpy, tried an resistance cord I had but the handles are too thick to allow you to hold the wii controls as well. I have a thicker band around here somewhere, when I find it I will try that one out in place of the ones included.

The exercises I had in the first workout included: Walking/running. Squats. Side lunges. Boxing. Bent over rows. Shoulder lifts Inline Skating...something else that I cant recall.

The only exercise I wasnt that thrilled with was the inline skating exercise, basically you do a squat, the lower you get the faster your character goes, then when you hit a ramp you have to jump.

Overall I am impressed so far. I am looking forward to seeing what other exercises are in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter