• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~~ Sew, help me... A bittersweet "Epic Girls Trip"... January 2018! ~~~~ UPDATE 1/7!!~~

Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. What a bummer that the clothes you bought at Old Navy not long ago are too big now. Congratulation on your size loss :)

Nothing new is happening around here. The ice is gone outside which is good because this coming week it is supposed to get below freezing point again. I hate these new winters that we are getting where the temperature switch between cold weather and snow and warm weather and rain. I sure miss the winters we used to have which was stable around 24.8ºF and with snow. We didn't have that many days with pure ice on the roads then.

I love the ears you're making to go with your bags. I could never wear headbands as I've always gotten headaches. I think I have a really big head, LOL. It really makes your outfits and bags stand out. I think your Mickey bags are different even though the appliques are the same. And you will wear them with different outfits so they will be great!

It's good that your spanx are too big now. What a great feeling! I would think those flannel shirts would be easy for you to take in a little and make them fit better. I think I'd try it with one anyway and see how it looks.

Even though our trip is still 15 months out, I found another house to rent for the last week of Feb. So many houses in the development we like are rented by snowbirds who rent Jan.-Feb, and some into March. So it took a little while to find one I liked and would rent that far out too. I already had the 1st two weeks of March in our favorite house. It has repeat renters now through Feb. We love it so much though that my husband is actually willing to move. It has the warmest pool and we do spend a lot of time in it and usually go to parks every other day. We are thinking about staying at a Disney resort for a couple days at the start of our trip just to get fast passes. I would never wait in line for 2 hours so I need fast passes for FOP. It would be fun to just walk around and see it all though. Not sure if it will be quite so crazy when we finally get there though.

We had 35 trick or treaters this year and that is the lowest ever. Never had below 50 before, but I think it's gradually going down. Unfortunately that left way too much candy for us. Luckily my son stopped over and I was able to give him the half bag we had left. We hurried up and got my outside decorations down just before the snow. Not that we got that much, but then I would have had to dry it all out.

Looking forward to seeing your new pictures when Allison gets time.

Thank you - I am so excited about them! :woohoo:

I hope you are able to get your December trip booked soon... I've heard that their waiting list at SoG is sometimes very promising... Are you on that list?

Thanks!!! I've been working very hard at it. :lovestruc

Actually we are now currently all at Pop Century. Shades of Green actually DID become available over the weekend and I *COULD* have booked two rooms there, but I decided not to do so. I think we really kinda want to be at a true Disney resort this time, and we spend so little time in the room AND we have a car and drive to the parks anyway. The refurbed rooms at Pop look pretty cool. We do have to stick a kid in a room with my FIL, but he's okay with that. Plus it's pretty cheap, cheaper than SOG but for a much smaller room of course. Kids have very limited experience with the value resorts and are kinda looking forward to seeing what they are all about. We've stayed at Pop before, but only for single nights, never long enough to really get to know the resort or even eat there.

Looking forward to seeing more of your fun creations!

I love both of your Mickey and Pluto Bags and you know I love the grey scale bag. Heck you know I love each and every bag you make. It must be why I have such a collection of ears.

I do our Ears on the Embroidery machine. I buy the designs and then coordinate the colors to outfits. It is all I have time for and C will usually make them for me.

I am itching to decorate for Christmas but I need to tame Sami's pile of toys in my living room. She has all of her toys and the ones she inherited from Jimmy. So it is over the top. She is truly spoiled. The curse of being the youngest and so much space between kids.

You are not old so please stop.

Thank you... Yah - I love them all too. LOL These Ears are so addicting - I can't even believe it! :scratchin

Oooh - interesting, I've seen those - I'll have to pay more attention to your ears. ::yes::

Hahaha - I know the feeling, the girls had SO MANY toys when they were little... We have always been VERY fortunate, while growing up, we always had an extra bedroom in all of our houses that was a "toy room" - which in this house, once they out grew their toys - the toy room became my sewing room... and although it gets used much more often in it's current designated purpose - I can't say that it's much cleaner? :scratchin :lmao:

Well, I am older than I was yesterday... ::yes:: I do feel younger than I felt 5 years ago - so that's a bonus, I guess. ::yes::

I hope it wasn't my bag giving you fits. I try to come up with themes I haven't seen done and speak to me and leave the ultimate decision to you. I am waiting for my teen to wake up so I can head to the basement and do some work.

I am getting ready for a bit of working out, I took the day off yesterday and I am working out solo today since G had overtime.

Ha! No - it was me giving me fits. LOL

Good for you!!! Glad to see you working hard towards your goals. :hug:

Sounds like you had a fun day yesterday. What a bummer that the clothes you bought at Old Navy not long ago are too big now. Congratulation on your size loss :)

Nothing new is happening around here. The ice is gone outside which is good because this coming week it is supposed to get below freezing point again. I hate these new winters that we are getting where the temperature switch between cold weather and snow and warm weather and rain. I sure miss the winters we used to have which was stable around 24.8ºF and with snow. We didn't have that many days with pure ice on the roads then.

We did - it was a lot of fun! ::yes:: It is a bummer about my clothes... I will have to get new ones soon - or at least a few items that truly fit me. ::yes::

Glad to hear that the ice is gone - for the time being... It will be back for you, as it will arrive for me - it's only a matter of time. ::yes:: I was pricing heavy winter down jackets last night - I am afraid to try on my old one, I"ll likely swim in it. ::yes::

I love the ears you're making to go with your bags. I could never wear headbands as I've always gotten headaches. I think I have a really big head, LOL. It really makes your outfits and bags stand out. I think your Mickey bags are different even though the appliques are the same. And you will wear them with different outfits so they will be great!

It's good that your spanx are too big now. What a great feeling! I would think those flannel shirts would be easy for you to take in a little and make them fit better. I think I'd try it with one anyway and see how it looks.

Even though our trip is still 15 months out, I found another house to rent for the last week of Feb. So many houses in the development we like are rented by snowbirds who rent Jan.-Feb, and some into March. So it took a little while to find one I liked and would rent that far out too. I already had the 1st two weeks of March in our favorite house. It has repeat renters now through Feb. We love it so much though that my husband is actually willing to move. It has the warmest pool and we do spend a lot of time in it and usually go to parks every other day. We are thinking about staying at a Disney resort for a couple days at the start of our trip just to get fast passes. I would never wait in line for 2 hours so I need fast passes for FOP. It would be fun to just walk around and see it all though. Not sure if it will be quite so crazy when we finally get there though.

We had 35 trick or treaters this year and that is the lowest ever. Never had below 50 before, but I think it's gradually going down. Unfortunately that left way too much candy for us. Luckily my son stopped over and I was able to give him the half bag we had left. We hurried up and got my outside decorations down just before the snow. Not that we got that much, but then I would have had to dry it all out.

Looking forward to seeing your new pictures when Allison gets time.

Thank you - I am having so much fun making them and coming up with ideas... The ones I have shown so far are just basic Ears to match my bags... But the ones coming up are much more bold and inventive. ::yes::

I will have to look at the flannel shirts - I am not sure if I can take them in a little or not... I am really shocked and frustrated at how big they are on me in such a short time. ::yes::

Exciting!!! I am glad you found another house! Who knows, you may end up with a few you like? LOL

I was kind of relieved to have only one Trick or Treater this year - sad, but I had so much more I wanted to be doing, rather than sitting there and waiting for the door bell to ring. ::yes:: Terrible, I know. LOL

Thank you - posting them today. :lovestruc

:dogdance:Yay!! Thank you for sending me the link! I can’t wait to follow along

Welcome!!! Glad you found me! :lovestruc

**************************************************************************************************************

Well, not a lot to update from yesterday....

With an extra hour on my plate, I was upstairs to work extra early. ::yes:: I was able to get a lot more done than I thought I would - which is good.

Then V got up and wanted to go do some Christmas shopping for Allison - so she invited me with. I really should have stayed home to work more, but I felt a little badly that I've been spending so much one on one time with Allison lately and very little with V... So I went with her and we had a lot of fun. We didn't find anything for Allison - or any ideas, LOL... but V did get a new Urban Decay Naked palette for herself. :lmao: Isn't that always the way it goes? You go shopping for someone, and end up with stuff for yourself... That's how it always goes for me anyways. LOL

I came home, and to my surprise, Allison was editing my pictures from the other day! :woohoo: :lovestruc So, here you go... First off, a comparison picture from the last time she took me out (2013)... This was right at the very beginning of my Paleo journey, and only a matter of weeks before I began heavy lifting... The difference in the shape of my body is quite amazing - there is such a huge difference in my body composition from then until now. ::yes:: I am not anything astounding, by any means... but healthier looking - no doubt. ::yes:: And my HAIR!!!! What was I thinking back then??? :lmao:

00E2031D-BAEF-4329-AA23-A1D05D0FD0CA.jpg

And the rest of some of my favorites - I put more on FB - and only putting a few here, as it's kind of a pain to upload and post so many here. ::yes::

E8958C6A-56D7-4996-A718-9F74BC3D557E.jpg

AEBB4613-53C6-4BCC-898B-3B28C31F9BDB.jpg

E7D0B6EE-A566-4A6E-9F12-3AA3DFE55680.jpg

B29A4C62-2B50-4336-B1EE-C2CABD5EC67D.jpg

D2369C46-E1C1-47C2-B190-CE86FFF6D895.jpg

85A6BD73-6185-49D8-BBE0-0E7DC2F0F183.jpg

15B0F6D2-C2DD-4AD5-8ACF-C3178183015D.jpg

6E504536-B9A7-4D81-879C-FACB9FE084D2.jpg

My only real disappointment in these pictures is how frumpy my clothes look on me... Not my jeans, but my tops... My shirt and vest are entirely too big, and I didn't notice it as much until I actually saw the pictures... Allison told me they looked big - but I was kind of shocked to see it yesterday - I knew my flannels were too big... but my long sleeved tees and my vests too (both size Larges)... I love my vests - and I am kind of bummed that those look so big on me too... I remember buying them last year, and barely being able to get them zipped in the store - but refusing to buy a bigger size... Oh well - I just keep telling myself that this is what I wanted... I can't lose size and expect to keep wearing the same clothes.... I sure wouldn't mind buying a new smaller size of jeans though. :lmao: My hips and behind can GO any time. ::yes::

OK - on my agenda for today is working out shortly then Target... Sigh. I do love working there during the holidays - so I won't complain too much.

Then I will come home and hopefully finish last week's bag before I have to make dinner. ::yes:: After dinner, I may go upstairs and work on some of our own stuff... I've decided, that for the time being - until I am all caught up, I can only work on our stuff after dinner... Hopefully I am caught up before the weekend. LOL

I hope you all have a fabulous day!!! Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

What a shame that V didn't find a Christmas gift for Allison.

The pictures looks great :hug:

Have a great day at Target :hug:

I am finally all caught up on your PTR! Your reports are my fav! I have no idea how you choose which designs to do for yourself, lol! They are all so awesome! I am getting my *first* bag of yours in a few weeks and I think it is going to turn into an addiction!

Happy trip planning!

You are gorgeous my friend. I am in the process of trying to grow my hair out so I can go back to my inverted bob. I have not like my asymetrical short hair as much as I would like.

I have no idea what to get anyone for Christmas this year though I did think Book Pillows and gift cards for my nieces and one nephew.

What a shame that V didn't find a Christmas gift for Allison.

The pictures looks great

Have a great day at Target

Ahhh - she will, I have no doubt. :)

Thank you!

And thank you... It was tough. :(

You look amazing.

Thank you! :lovestruc

I am finally all caught up on your PTR! Your reports are my fav! I have no idea how you choose which designs to do for yourself, lol! They are all so awesome! I am getting my *first* bag of yours in a few weeks and I think it is going to turn into an addiction!

Happy trip planning!

Awwwh, thank you - welcome!

Hahaha... I just do what I feel like doing... ::yes:: Some ideas bounce around in my head for years before I get around to making them, and some inspire me immediately and I have a hard time doing anything else until I get that out of my system. LOL

Thank you - we are very excited to be going back! :woohoo:

**************************************************************************************************************

As I mentioned yesterday... It was a Target day for me. As most of you also know - I've been debating on keeping that job for years, and struggling with what I want to do about it... It's an easy job, it gets me out of the house, I get to socialize and be a part of the community. Not only that, but I really do like the store and my co-workers, I love my co-workers immensely, they are really the only reason I am still there.

So, yesterday, we were all pulled into the office and told that our store is closing, effective Feb 3, 2018. This was a horrendous shock and blow to each and every one of us... Though we are a very small store, we are situated very close to Corporate Headquarters, so we often did a lot of testing for the bigger stores and we also did most of the initial management training for the area... Not only that - but we are the best - constant amazing Guest Survey reviews - our community loved us, our guests were loyal - most of which we knew by name... Small store, small community... So, yah. It was a devastating blow.

Though I often debated my personal situation with this company and how long I wanted to remain there... I never, ever once imagined that our store would close - or that the decision would be made for me in this way. It's very difficult.

I am weighing my options - we all have time to decide. The company is good to us, and good to closing stores... Black out dates during the holidays are overlooked so we can all use up our vacation... We receive priority hiring in any store we choose - essentially we can transfer anywhere and be guaranteed a job.

Or I can take my "severance package" and end my relationship with Target. I do not know if I am ready for this yet. I want it to be my decision to leave, not theirs. ::yes::

Meanwhile, I have 3+ weeks of paid vacation to use up... 2 of which I will be using surrounding our trip - which means, when I come back - our store will essentially be gone. :cry: I need to figure out when I want to take my other week +, as I don't want to leave my team in the lurch. :scratchin

So, yesterday was a very sad day for us... They explained how it will go... We will continue to get trucks and be restocked through the holidays. Right after the holidays, our trucks will get smaller and smaller, until eventually our store receives none, our shelves will slowly empty and the store will just "die off" - which is perhaps the saddest thing of all. You all KNOW how much time I spend in this store, even just shopping - so to watch it drift off into nothing will be hard. ::yes::

Last night - a few of my co-workers and I went out for drinks... Not something I do often, and definitely NOT on a Monday... but we needed it. ::hug:: I have worked with these ladies for almost 12 years... And in turn - 3 of them opened the store personally in 2001... We are all very close.

Anyways... #longliveT-1245​

353714A9-C958-4FDC-94D6-BB08B73DECC2.jpg

Today, is another day, and I am thankful - unlike many of my other co-workers, I have another job - and this corporate decision does not touch us financially at all.

So - I will lift weights today - perhaps with a little extra gusto?

And I will work upstairs for a while this morning... Then I do have to run to town - in all of the madness yesterday, I forgot to stop and get some much needed supplies that were on my list. :scratchin

I may be spending a lot more time in my Target store in the coming weeks - just because I still can. ::yes::

And I will come back home to work some more.

Not a clue what is for dinner tonight? Something good, as my choices last night were not so good.

I hope you all have an amazing day!!! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear your Target store is closing. :hug:
Getting out of the house, meet other people and feel that you are a part of the society is some very good reasons to have a job outside of the house. I really do miss those things.
You have some time to think about what is right for you. I'm sure you will come to the right decision.

It's still around 33.8ºF outside. It's a little slippery outside, but it's OK to walk outside at the moment.
It's not much snow left outside. It's going to be 41ºF outside and rain the next few days and then it's going to get cold again.

I'm practicing driving out of the garage every day, but I'm not getting any better. Today I struggled a lot, but I think I know what I did wrong. We'll see if it goes better tomorrow.

I'm so sorry that your store is closing. I would think that it'll be so sad around the store for the holidays. You have time to think about what you want to do next. Is there another Target nearby that you could transfer to? The KMart across the street from my store closed in April and we ended up with several people from there. They're all good workers and fit right in with us.
Your pictures are really cute. I thought your vest looked fine but my clothes are normally a little big. It's hard to find clothes in my size.
I like your ear and bag combos. Personally I don't like wearing headbands but yours are really cute.
I walked another 5k on Sunday and finished first in my age group. Granted there were only two others and one forgot to step on the finish line, so her time didn't count.
I work 1-10 today because for some reason the computer gave almost everyone in my department off. Tonight it's me and the kid that works part time in photo.
Enjoy your day
Liz

Caught up on another one! I really enjoyed seeing all of your outfits and reading your plans so far. I'm still bummed that I will be missing you!

The ears are just awesome and so neat that they match your bags so well.

What a shock with your store closing! But at least it won't affect you too much financially.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this one to you before but since you liked the Outlander series so much, you should try the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. It's set during the same time period as Outlander and there is even a small mention of Claire and Young Ian in the first book. Definitely not at the epic level that Outlander is but none the less a pretty enjoyable series.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/43430-wilderness

What a shame that your store is closing. I haven't heard about Target closing any stores. I know you've talked about quitting before, but I guess that decision was taken out of your hands. Is there another store close enough to you that you could transfer to? There are so many near me, at least 3 under 10 miles. When I retired I didn't miss going in to work at all, but I did miss the people I had worked with for 18 years. I worked with all men so we didn't do a lot of socializing together after work.

Your pictures are great and I don't think your clothes look bad or too big except for when you were sitting they bunched up a little. It must be pretty amazing to you to look back on those old pictures. I had almost that same haircut for a long time, but finally grew it out. It makes you look younger and I had people tell me that too.

Funny you were talking about decorating for Christmas. I almost got out my little tree that I decorate with Disney ornaments. It was the last thing I took down so it's right on top. My husband didn't like the idea though. So I told him I'd wait until right before Thanksgiving. My sister-in-law always hosted it before and we hosted Easter dinner. They are almost 80 now and decided it's just too much work and are going out. So I think we are all going to get together at Golden Corral. I've decided I just don't want all the work either. So I think we will at least try it and come back here for pie.

At least the sun is out today. I plan to get out and enjoy it. Hope you can too.

They just remodeled the Target store my husband used to work at--yesterday was the first time I had set foot there in months!! It was definitely fun wandering through the Christmas Wondershop. I'm so sad for you that the decision was made to close your store! I'm surprised, too, being so close to their corporate headquarters....did they even give you any reason why? :(

As I told you on FB, I LOVE the pictures Allison took of you, especially the ones where it's like I can hear you laughing!! :) She is so talented, and you look lovely!!!!

I am sorry to hear your store is closing. More time to make purses and ears?

I happen to like your old haircut. It's very spunky! The color was very flattering too, but I bet the cost of upkeep was high.

Your weight loss is amazing. I went paleo about nine years ago and lost 60 pounds, very quickly. Alas, I didn't keep up with it and have gained nearly all of it back. Time to go back to it.

I'm so sorry to hear your Target store is closing.
Getting out of the house, meet other people and feel that you are a part of the society is some very good reasons to have a job outside of the house. I really do miss those things.
You have some time to think about what is right for you. I'm sure you will come to the right decision.

It's still around 33.8ºF outside. It's a little slippery outside, but it's OK to walk outside at the moment.
It's not much snow left outside. It's going to be 41ºF outside and rain the next few days and then it's going to get cold again.

I'm practicing driving out of the garage every day, but I'm not getting any better. Today I struggled a lot, but I think I know what I did wrong. We'll see if it goes better tomorrow.

I am just so very sad and upset about it... Not the quitting and not the part about not having a job... the part where I knew if I quit, I'd always be able to go back to the store and see my friends... Now we won't have that. It's what many of us are struggling with.

Yay - glad to hear you are getting some driving practice, you will be better! :)

I'm so sorry that your store is closing. I would think that it'll be so sad around the store for the holidays. You have time to think about what you want to do next. Is there another Target nearby that you could transfer to? The KMart across the street from my store closed in April and we ended up with several people from there. They're all good workers and fit right in with us.
Your pictures are really cute. I thought your vest looked fine but my clothes are normally a little big. It's hard to find clothes in my size.
I like your ear and bag combos. Personally I don't like wearing headbands but yours are really cute.
I walked another 5k on Sunday and finished first in my age group. Granted there were only two others and one forgot to step on the finish line, so her time didn't count.
I work 1-10 today because for some reason the computer gave almost everyone in my department off. Tonight it's me and the kid that works part time in photo.
Enjoy your day
Liz

There are other Targets sorta near by... An additional 10-20 minute drive, on top of the already 20 minute drive... Not really financially responsible, but... I dunno what I am going to do? I have my ear to the ground and I am giving it some time - I plan to see where everyone else is going (or not) and maybe follow suit? The hard part, is if I transfer to another store and I don't like it - then I lose my severance package... It's really a tough decision... And losing my friends on top of it - as we all scatter. Quite honestly - I've been crying non-stop since I found out, and I haven't slept. It never ever even occurred to any of us that something like this would happen - and we are all just so shocked and devastated

Thank you... I always enjoy going out for pictures with Allison - she has the ability to capture me quite well. :lovestruc

WTG on your 5k! :woohoo:

And I hope you had a good night at work. :)

Caught up on another one! I really enjoyed seeing all of your outfits and reading your plans so far. I'm still bummed that I will be missing you!

The ears are just awesome and so neat that they match your bags so well.

What a shock with your store closing! But at least it won't affect you too much financially.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this one to you before but since you liked the Outlander series so much, you should try the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. It's set during the same time period as Outlander and there is even a small mention of Claire and Young Ian in the first book. Definitely not at the epic level that Outlander is but none the less a pretty enjoyable series.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/43430-wilderness

Thank you! I am so bummed too, one day we will just do a trip together and be done with it. LOL ::yes::

Thank you - I am having fun making them, that's for sure! :woohoo:

It's a terrible shock, and it's affecting me a lot harder than I ever thought it would - not that I ever thought THIS would happen... It's terrible... I am not sleeping and watching all of my friends try to figure out what they are going to do - it's beyond difficult.

Thanks for the tip, I do have that book, actually - I just haven't read it yet... I am trying to finish the Outlander books (the John Gray series particularly) before I try to get into another book.

What a shame that your store is closing. I haven't heard about Target closing any stores. I know you've talked about quitting before, but I guess that decision was taken out of your hands. Is there another store close enough to you that you could transfer to? There are so many near me, at least 3 under 10 miles. When I retired I didn't miss going in to work at all, but I did miss the people I had worked with for 18 years. I worked with all men so we didn't do a lot of socializing together after work.

Your pictures are great and I don't think your clothes look bad or too big except for when you were sitting they bunched up a little. It must be pretty amazing to you to look back on those old pictures. I had almost that same haircut for a long time, but finally grew it out. It makes you look younger and I had people tell me that too.

Funny you were talking about decorating for Christmas. I almost got out my little tree that I decorate with Disney ornaments. It was the last thing I took down so it's right on top. My husband didn't like the idea though. So I told him I'd wait until right before Thanksgiving. My sister-in-law always hosted it before and we hosted Easter dinner. They are almost 80 now and decided it's just too much work and are going out. So I think we are all going to get together at Golden Corral. I've decided I just don't want all the work either. So I think we will at least try it and come back here for pie.

At least the sun is out today. I plan to get out and enjoy it. Hope you can too.

All of the store closings were definitely a shock to all involved - it was never mentioned. I think, had they told us that our store could be on the chopping block - as employees, we could have offered insight as to how we could improve... Most importantly - when other stores were getting upgraded grocery sections (P-Fresh), we never got that... and with a full fledged grocery store across the street and a GIANT Super Walmart across the street - when people needed lettuce, they didn't come to us for their shopping... Just giving us a small section of produce, I think would have saved our store... As our community is very devoted to us, and prefers our shopping experience over the others. So, the demise of our store was a corporate decision from a long time ago, and there is really nothing we could have done in the end to save it. It's so very sad to know that they have been walking around our store for months, knowing we were a lost cause, while we worked so hard at being the great guest experience that we always have been.

Thank you - I had a lot of fun taking pictures with Allison, she always captures me well. :lovestruc

Yah - I can't believe that Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away!!! It's crazy to think that the holidays are right around the corner! I can't wait to start decorating! :woohoo: Sounds like a great holiday plan for your family... We did go out to eat one year for Thanksgiving - I admit it wasn't the same for us, and not very enjoyable... but I can see where it could work out well for some families. ::yes::

Thank you - I tried... It's been a tough several days here for me.

They just remodeled the Target store my husband used to work at--yesterday was the first time I had set foot there in months!! It was definitely fun wandering through the Christmas Wondershop. I'm so sad for you that the decision was made to close your store! I'm surprised, too, being so close to their corporate headquarters....did they even give you any reason why? :(

As I told you on FB, I LOVE the pictures Allison took of you, especially the ones where it's like I can hear you laughing!! :) She is so talented, and you look lovely!!!!

Yes - I am going to miss being able to do that... It's going to be so hard. They said that our profits weren't what they wanted them to be, for years... You can read above - I go into it in more detail up there. It's so sad.

Thank you - I love those ones the best too... There was another family out taking pictures where we were - so there were some really awkward times we were taking pictures and they were watching us... those are a little more "forced"... Oh well - I still had a lot of fun! :)

I am sorry to hear your store is closing. More time to make purses and ears?

I happen to like your old haircut. It's very spunky! The color was very flattering too, but I bet the cost of upkeep was high.

Your weight loss is amazing. I went paleo about nine years ago and lost 60 pounds, very quickly. Alas, I didn't keep up with it and have gained nearly all of it back. Time to go back to it.

Ha! That is definitely an option for me. :lovestruc

Thanks!!! I used to wear my hair short all the time, but for some reason - this particular time, I didn't like it on me at all... I just think my stylist doesn't do pixie cuts well - but she does every other cut and color fantastic, so I love her and keep going back. :lovestruc

Thank you - yes, a person definitely needs to stick to it, or just like anything else, it will come back. Sadly. I hope you are able to get back to doing it - it's so hard once you slip away, believe me, I know. :lovestruc

Well, it has been a few rough few days here, with the announcement of the store closing... There is so much more that goes into it other than "just switch to a different store"... I wish it was that simple. It's like watching a friend die slowly... All these years, all of these relationships, all of these people that are like family - the one place you go where everyone knows you... Just gone.

What will happen is, beginning December 1, we will no longer be replenished with seasonal items... the shelves will start to empty, and then everything will be moved forward. They will wall off that area and start to disassemble fixtures... As the month of December finishes out, our trucks will get smaller and smaller, until by the beginning of January, we will no longer get any replenishment at all... As our shelves empty, again we will move everything forward in the store, and sections will be walled off. By the time the girls and I return from our trip, our entire store will be walled off to almost nothing. Forcing people to shop elsewhere, because we have nothing left to offer them. :( It is going to be so terribly sad to see our years and years of hard work and pride just disappear to nothing... As I said yesterday on Facebook... For years, it hasn't been about having a job... it's been about the people, the friendships, our team... it's a terrible loss to our community to lose this great store and the family we've created within.

04789CED-925F-4812-A915-AC7DAB8745FA.jpg

Knowing that this is our last holiday here too, almost makes it harder... As you know - I did love working here during the holidays. ::yes::

Needless to say - I have not been sleeping at all... I am on 2 nights in a row with less than 2 hours of sleep. Who would have ever thought that a store would affect my life like this? Dumb, dumb, dumb, I know. I worry about my friends, where they are going to go - what they are going to do - how this will all work out for them. And for me. We will all move on, I know... We will all keep in touch, I am sure, for a time anyways... and like everything else in this world - life goes on and we will too. It's just so sad to lose so many friends all at once.

I am trying so hard not to dwell on the uncertainty of it all... but it is hard. ::yes::

In an effort to keep my spirits up... I think I will post more trip plans today. ::yes::

Let's try for another MK day, shall we? :scratchin

Typically, we do a PPO CP breakfast at some point during our trip... We've decided, this trip, not to do that. Doing PPO breakfasts means that we have to be up and out the door super early.

This day, we've decided to go into MK with the masses of people and enjoy our morning in the park... I have no idea which rides we will do - whatever the girls want to do, likely... If I were to guess, the other MK day, we did a little Adventureland, Frontierland and Liberty Square... So, I guess this time, we may start off in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland? :scratchin

We have a CP ADR at the very last breakfast time slot available - which will be good and bad... We are used to doing this meal when it's not very crowded here... So we will see how this goes?

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

We will likely continue to wander for several hours... Enjoying the atmosphere and riding rides - hopefully staying warm too. The rides we do on this day will likely depend on what we got done on our previous MK day. We have been so often - that we really do this more of a relaxed way, and do what we feel like doing at the time.

We do have a late lunch booked at The Plaza... This is somewhere that I've always wanted to eat - but I've never done it. I am excited to try something new, and their menu looks to be quite refreshing. ::yes::

Knowing us, since we will be at the front of the park... We will likely exit after lunch and head back to the resort for a break. It will have to be a short break though, as the parks aren't open very late in January.

Since we have park hoppers, it is possible that we will head to a different park this evening? Or, because it's easy - we may just go back to MK. We will see?

So, that's about all.

Today - I will be working out shortly...

I will also work upstairs this morning...

I plan to go have lunch with Dad...

Then I have an oil change scheduled this afternoon...

If I have enough time, I will come home and work again for a while...

Make dinner...

And hopefully sleep through the night tonight. ::yes::

I hope you all have a marvelous day today... Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all! :grouphug:

D~ Who will try not to let the closing of her Target store consume this PTR.

one day we will just do a trip together and be done with it. LOL

Absolutely! We just need to find dates that work!

Thanks for the tip, I do have that book, actually - I just haven't read it yet... I am trying to finish the Outlander books (the John Gray series particularly) before I try to get into another book.

Lord John is one of my favorite characters from that series and I love the actor they chose to play him in season 3.

I am trying so hard not to dwell on the uncertainty of it all... but it is hard.

:hug:

We have a CP ADR at the very last breakfast time slot available - which will be good and bad... We are used to doing this meal when it's not very crowded here... So we will see how this goes?

Oh, I wonder if you will be there for the switch over from breakfast to lunch and maybe will get to have both. I know that happens sometime at Tusker House but don't know for CP. CP is one I still haven't made it to!

We do have a late lunch booked at The Plaza... This is somewhere that I've always wanted to eat - but I've never done it. I am excited to try something new, and their menu looks to be quite refreshing.

I love the Plaza, the burger is my go to choice. Mom had the Cheese Steak sandwich and really liked it. I've also heard that the meatloaf is really good.

We find since we go so often now our days are quite relaxed and go with the flow. IF it happens it happens. If it doesn't that is okay also. IT is about spending time together without the stress of life.

I wish you were closer to me because I just want to give you a hug. I am so so sorry your store closing is affecting you so bad. You are mourning a loss and that is okay. This change wasn't on your terms and that makes it hard.

HAve a good day.

So sorry about your store.....I was reading about the fun you were having setting up the Christmas merchandise then reading the store is closing :confused3 It almost seems more humane to just close the dang store than to let it wither away. I worked my whole adult life for 1 company. I felt the same way about many of my co-workers - they were like family. I've been retired 6 years and we still regularly stay in touch. It's harder when you're not seeing each other 5 days a week but we have monthly get togethers scheduled. It's not the same but it's better than losing touch entirely.

I can't believe how much younger you look when comparing the old/new pictures! It seems to be a combination of the different hair style and weight loss of course. I feel I look better (hopefully younger!) with longer hair - I hate pictures of my shorter hair self. I prefer to keep it a little shorter than shoulder length.

Good luck with your decision. Wise to take your time and see how things play out. Hope you get caught up on your sleep! Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter