• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Service Dog at WDW—a mini trip report

This is my favorite part.
Yeah...he is absolutely the sweetest dog. His biggest challenge in his vest is ignoring other dogs. We take him to doggy playtime w/o his vest on a regular basis So he can be social to his heart’s content.

Problem is US is now full of service dog scammers, MK was full of them at Xmas. It’s quite an eye opener. You need the same little kit- vest with ‘Service Dog’ or ‘In training’ or ‘Working do not pet’, and some even get a little badge to attach to their clothing.
It makes me very angry as the people who suffer eventually are the real disabled people who need a service dog and then have to jump through hoops as legislation cracks down.
This is a US phenomenon. I go to large theme parks in UK, Europe etc, where people are also quite entitled to take service dogs, and you rarely see one. I’ve seen no evidence there’s a 100x greater incidence of service dog usage in the US compared to the UK for instance.
It’s an absolute disgrace by selfish people.
BTW I have no reason to suggest OP’s son’s dog was not a genuine service dog and I was speaking generally here replying to comments above. I really hope all you folks who need genuine service dogs are able to continue to use them unhindered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter