September WISH thread…here’s to a fabulous fall

I should woohoo waking up at 3am and not being able to get back to sleep, right? Since I have to be at the airport around 3am Friday morning and then will be in an eight or so hour time change, it is pre-trip training... I hope.

This morning when I woke up, I started researching liquids allowed in carry-ons and found out that England is quite strict about the max 1oz per product and everything in just one quart baggie rules. Going that wouldn't be a problem but while in London I'll be shopping at the Skin Rocks cosmetics counter at Liberty London. I've planned it out so that I need to replenish just about everything of theirs that I use and will exceed both rules. So, I've decided to check my bag, which means I can go up a suitcase size, and also means I can pack a few more things and that I'll have room for a few Christmas presents.... and all those cosmetic products. Coming home I will have to retrieve my bag and re-check it at Dallas, but I've got a 4-hour layover so it should be OK. Fingers crossed.

Slowly feeling better, was worried yesterday but last night I didn't cough nearly as much so things are improving. Fingers crossed here as well, because being on that 9-hour flight with people hating on me because I keep coughing is not on my holiday to-do list.

I'm not sure how WISH works, I'm usually more involved over at the runDisney channel, but I needed to share my journey with someone - why not strangers on the Dis? LOL

I've struggled with weight since I was a teenager. I never learned, or didn't take the time to learn, healthy eating until I finally moved away from home around 23ish. There were a lot of bad habits piled up that have been hard to break. Throw in un-diagnosed depression+anxiety and you've got a recipe for overeating & weight gain.

Anyways, in my late 20s/early 30s I finally figured it out and got down to what I considered a good healthy weight for me. It fluctuated a bit, up some years a few pounds, down some years, but overall it stayed consistent and I was happy. Fast forward a few years. Enter the dreaded 40s, some tough emotional journeys, prozac, etc. and my weight's been creeping up and up for about 12 months now without any sort of dip. I got frustrated and finally saw a dietician Monday, which brings me to today.

Meeting with the dietician was great. I felt really positive and encouraged. Basically, she wants me to eat more protein to feel fuller, so that I eat less unhealthy foods later as snacks. But now the hard works starts, change. The first few days have been sort of tough, I hate tracking foods. I've got this Lose-It app, which makes it super simple, but ugh - I just don't like it.

So, that's the journey I'm on. Hopefully it wasn't too much information or really off topic. Just looking for encouragement and camaraderie ❤️

I should woohoo waking up at 3am and not being able to get back to sleep, right? Since I have to be at the airport around 3am Friday morning and then will be in an eight or so hour time change, it is pre-trip training... I hope.

This morning when I woke up, I started researching liquids allowed in carry-ons and found out that England is quite strict about the max 1oz per product and everything in just one quart baggie rules. Going that wouldn't be a problem but while in London I'll be shopping at the Skin Rocks cosmetics counter at Liberty London. I've planned it out so that I need to replenish just about everything of theirs that I use and will exceed both rules. So, I've decided to check my bag, which means I can go up a suitcase size, and also means I can pack a few more things and that I'll have room for a few Christmas presents.... and all those cosmetic products. Coming home I will have to retrieve my bag and re-check it at Dallas, but I've got a 4-hour layover so it should be OK. Fingers crossed.

Slowly feeling better, was worried yesterday but last night I didn't cough nearly as much so things are improving. Fingers crossed here as well, because being on that 9-hour flight with people hating on me because I keep coughing is not on my holiday to-do list.

Glad you're feeling better! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

I'm not sure how WISH works, I'm usually more involved over at the runDisney channel, but I needed to share my journey with someone - why not strangers on the Dis? LOL

I've struggled with weight since I was a teenager. I never learned, or didn't take the time to learn, healthy eating until I finally moved away from home around 23ish. There were a lot of bad habits piled up that have been hard to break. Throw in un-diagnosed depression+anxiety and you've got a recipe for overeating & weight gain.

Anyways, in my late 20s/early 30s I finally figured it out and got down to what I considered a good healthy weight for me. It fluctuated a bit, up some years a few pounds, down some years, but overall it stayed consistent and I was happy. Fast forward a few years. Enter the dreaded 40s, some tough emotional journeys, prozac, etc. and my weight's been creeping up and up for about 12 months now without any sort of dip. I got frustrated and finally saw a dietician Monday, which brings me to today.

Meeting with the dietician was great. I felt really positive and encouraged. Basically, she wants me to eat more protein to feel fuller, so that I eat less unhealthy foods later as snacks. But now the hard works starts, change. The first few days have been sort of tough, I hate tracking foods. I've got this Lose-It app, which makes it super simple, but ugh - I just don't like it.

So, that's the journey I'm on. Hopefully it wasn't too much information or really off topic. Just looking for encouragement and camaraderie ❤️

:welcome:

Always love to have people join our thread! I use the lose-it app too - I have a love / hate relationship with it lol! It does get easier. Especially if you tend to eat some of the same foods. They will be easier to find and add to your day.

Honestly, tracking is one of the big keys for me - I do so much better with my eating when I track!

Sounds like you got good advice - I've been trying to add more protein into my meals too. I found Zach Coen on facebook - he has a group called Safe Space Nutrition and he has great recipes that are easy, budget friendly and higher in protein. He does have a paid patreon, but he puts most of his recipes on tiktok, facebook and instagram for free. It's just easier to get the printed recipes with his patreon account.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there because he has really helped me add more protein to my diet.

Welcome! This is a great group for supporting each other, look forward to having you with us.

Welcome -- I use the Lose-it app too. Well I did. It lasted about 2 weeks at the beginning of the year. Once I get back form vacation I am going to go back it. I do much better with tracking my food then when I don't.

Welcome!! So glad you are here!!!

Thankful today that my daughter in law asked me to come over this evening while DS1 is at a concert.

We are going to try the new Ramen restaurant that opened right by our houses! They have another location about 30 minutes from us. They have been there multiple times and love it so I can’t wait to try it!!

I am going to get enjoy baby snuggles and some new to me food!!!

Thankfully I am finally packed. Don’t have much open space left, gifts that come back with me are going to have to be flat. I have to vacuum, wipe a few things down and shower and then I’m ready to go. I’m having the pre-trip jitters even tho today isn’t my travel day, just my day to get to the hotel by the airport.

Yesterday I decided to splurge on a pricey London haircut while I’m there. I’m hopeful that it’ll be really good, and I’ll feel tres chic. I’ve got multiple afternoon teas and pub meals booked and am feeling pretty good about all the research I’ve done. Adventure awaits!

Thankfully I am finally packed. Don’t have much open space left, gifts that come back with me are going to have to be flat. I have to vacuum, wipe a few things down and shower and then I’m ready to go. I’m having the pre-trip jitters even tho today isn’t my travel day, just my day to get to the hotel by the airport.

Yesterday I decided to splurge on a pricey London haircut while I’m there. I’m hopeful that it’ll be really good, and I’ll feel tres chic. I’ve got multiple afternoon teas and pub meals booked and am feeling pretty good about all the research I’ve done. Adventure awaits!
1726766100073.png

Happy Friday! Not a whole lot this weekend. I am go to the football game tonight since I seem to be pretty much back to my new normal for now. The cough is getting better too. It will just be around for awhile so I just need to get used to it. Tomorrow is Homecoming for DD. It will be so nice as I only have 1 to worry about this year. Itis the first time I am not trying to get to two different friends groups to get pictures. Sunday will be just football.

Next week will be getting ready for the cruise. We are not sure what will happen with it though. There is a possibility that the terminal workers will be on strike. We don't know what this means for our cruise. If they don't have a new contract by the 1st they they will strike. We are just staying positive at the moment. I really need this trip. I need a break from everything here and before I start new job duties when I get back. Things are changing and I will now be over 6 people instead of 3 and will have many more funds to get to know that are different then the ones that I deal with now. My first thought though was that I will have to do 3 more reviews in May. This is the worst part of being a manager but I know it is important and must be done.

I’ve made it to Dallas, now waiting for my connecting flight. Did really well with managing my cough… until I got on the plane, dang it. All I could do was to mask up and take more drugs. Fingers crossed I’ve got the right stuff in my body for this leg, which is the long haul.

I canceled my lunch reservation so I don’t have to stress about getting there on time. It’s going to be a very low key afternoon, just walking around the neighborhood and getting my bearings.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest