September crew... what are you doing?

still going. Changed my split stay AKV - Jambo and Poly to 6 nights at Copper Creek
9/26-10/2

probably no F&W but it will be our first stay at CC and we will make the best of it.

BCV on points 9/7-9/15 with AP so probably going unless there is another closure. Take it very easy with parks. Mostly enjoy the resort and pools (hopefully)

still going. Changed my split stay AKV - Jambo and Poly to 6 nights at Copper Creek
9/26-10/2

probably no F&W but it will be our first stay at CC and we will make the best of it.
I am also trying to change our Jambo house to CCV or BRV at this point! I would also take BLT std .

We've finally decided to give in and cancel. Between COVID-related matters and Disney related matters, it just stopped feeling like a trip we were looking forward to, and considering what it costs us to go, that's not an acceptable situation for us. So we'll hope that next summer brings better days and re-plan for then. :)

Like PP above, I cancelled 2 weeks ago. I had the free dining promo, upgraded to TS, and was booked at AS Music. It was my annual foodie trip with ADRs planned well in advance and snack credits to use at F&W Festival. When my ADRs disappeared, and I read on the Boards my free dining was removed, without any communication or explanation from WDW, I decided I was done. The 35% resort only discount at AS Music didn't work for me. Also from Canada and with border closures, gutted travel health insurance, dramatically increased flight cost, mandatory 14 day quarantine upon return and likelihood of missing my Canadian family Thanksgiving because of need to quarantine, it all piled on. I made the right decision. Not only am I exactly the 10+ year return guest that WDW didn't want this year, as my prior experience would make for huge disappointment this year, the recent speculation that onsite guests aren't guaranteed park entry every day of their trip would make for one sad trip sitting in my little AS Music room. Will save my $ this year and see what the experience looks like next year. If overpriced and underpromised, then will keep my good memories of great past vacations and move on to other destinations. All good things end.

I am also trying to change our Jambo house to CCV or BRV at this point! I would also take BLT std .

If you have a waitlist, i would call. I was on the phone with MS for another matter and the CM said that my waitlist came through. I stalk the site many times a day and i never saw the inventory. So, it may help to call.

If you have a waitlist, i would call. I was on the phone with MS for another matter and the CM said that my waitlist came through. I stalk the site many times a day and i never saw the inventory. So, it may help to call.
thanks!!! I will do that today!

For us it will come down to two things...
1) if the COVID cases are still high in Florida (or if they get so high in California that they start making us quarantine when we travel)

2) if the lines are long. Even though the capacity will be limited, Im worried that with the increased cleaning, social distancing, and lack of fast pass that lines will be long. My husband and I would not care one bit but long lines with 2 little kids is going to tip the scales for us so I am anxious to see how the lines on in July and Aug before we decide whether or not to cancel.

I agree with you that the wait times will be an important factor in my decision. I think it is very possible that if we can get into a park, it will be a great time to go since capacity is so low that waits are so low (and no FPs making the standby lines longer). But the opposite could be true too if each ride's capacity is restricted and cleaning slows things down.

I recall some reports out of Shanghai and from Universal Orlando that made it seem like wait times were pretty low... hoping that lasts through September.

I have also heard the theory (from someone on the DIS podcast) that lines will initially be very short, but then people will start hearing that news, and everyone soon will want to start booking their vacations to take advantage of the short lines, thus eliminating them. Who knows.

I was totally in for our September trip until just this week. With the skyrocketing cases of COVID-19 in Florida, I'm thinking we might pull the plug. We live in one of the few states that are on track to containment, so I think the responsible thing is to cancel. We're going to give it a few more weeks, but we're sadly leaning toward pulling the plug unfortunately.

I agree with you that the wait times will be an important factor in my decision. I think it is very possible that if we can get into a park, it will be a great time to go since capacity is so low that waits are so low (and no FPs making the standby lines longer). But the opposite could be true too if each ride's capacity is restricted and cleaning slows things down.

I recall some reports out of Shanghai and from Universal Orlando that made it seem like wait times were pretty low... hoping that lasts through September.

I have also heard the theory (from someone on the DIS podcast) that lines will initially be very short, but then people will start hearing that news, and everyone soon will want to start booking their vacations to take advantage of the short lines, thus eliminating them. Who knows.

That would be a possibility but Disney has not opened the reservation system as of yet so a flood of new reservations/park visitors in the first 3 months doesn't seem likely. Especially with the number of people flat-out cancelling, any new reservations would be taking their spots first before a sizable increase would be noticeable. I have high hopes for low waits!

I have Sept 28 to Oct 10 at VGF in a 1 bedroom. We will be going. We got fabulous price on our flight $129 each way. It is our 50th anniversary and we are also going shopping for a home while we are there, My kids already moved there in 2017. I added them to my reservation so we think that will help us get into the parks.
We don't care at all about fireworks, parades. I kinda like character meets but not a deal breaker.
Yes my ADRs were cancelled but I can redo at 60 days. We all have annual passes so tickets are not a problem.
We have been wearing masks here in Las Vegas for quite a while. Been working from home since March 17 no idea when that will change.
I just want to be somewhere else *rather than home). And see my lovely Granddaughter. That is the geal breaker, if I could not see her and have a great big hug.
I just think things will be what they will be. Make the best of it. I am tired of the whining and people making demands that they won't do this or that. Nobody is twisting any arms to make you go to Disney. If you are not happy with what is offered then just don't go. I fully believe someone else would be happy to jump up and take your place.
Thank you for the time to say my piece.

And I say AMEN!!! to that. Truly an attitude we could all adopt (I’d go crazy if I couldn’t see my grandkids)

any one see the updated blog post? no MNSSHP this year..maybe MVMCP and they are going to have a few booths in Epcot (i think it said 20) for F&W

I would think that almost certainly means the moonlight magic for Hollywood studios is not happening 😭

Even with today's announcements we are still going. I don't want to mess with trying to reschedule our DVC rental. We already have park and plane tickets. We will go and make the most of it. I'm sure it will be a unique experience.

Keeping our 2 night WL reservation on 9/5 to 9/7. We were very encouraged by how they handled the pool situation at Vero. No masks required in the pool area and you get a dedicated area for your lounge chairs!

I stay off-site, don't do any of the things they cancelled, I'm still in! Hopefully with the mask requirements coming into play, the coronavirus numbers will improve. If anything, with spikes happening now, my hope is the numbers will be down by the time September rolls around.

We're out :(. Cancelling right now. We would have been fine with whatever restrictions we had to deal with, but we are not fine with the exploding cases in Florida and particularly in Orange County. I'm not confident they'll be able to get a handle on this before Labor Day, so we're renting a secluded little cabin on the lake here in Michigan instead. Disappointed for sure, but I'm just not willing to take my daughter under these circumstances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter