September 4th, 2022 -7-Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover (Alesund, Nordfjordeid, Eidfjord, Stavanger)

Does Disney ever restock or increase availability for sold out excursions? We really wanted the kayaking in Eidfjord and were bummed it's sold out...was surprised it happened so soon as well! I was online June 6. Does anyone know of private companies with activities in eidfjord?
I would do a search on TripAdvisor for the port and there will be offers for tours. We used a 3rd party tour company on a DCL cruise in St Petersburg a few years ago (Anastasia travel) and they were awesome!

looks like the OP, has given up on this thread, she hasnt been on Disboards since May 7!!! oh well , what a surprise, not, if you know, you know!

Anyways onwards and upwards. The weeks are flying past, we are now at 60 days, our Paid In Full deadline.

The next big date is 30 days when we can do online check in :)

looks like the OP, has given up on this thread, she hasnt been on Disboards since May 7!!! oh well , what a surprise, not, if you know, you know!

Anyways onwards and upwards. The weeks are flying past, we are now at 60 days, our Paid In Full deadline.

The next big date is 30 days when we can do online check in :)
Life can get busy. I told my wife this past weekend that we need to start thinking about what we want to see in London. I've focused so much on cruise excursions, flights, meal selection, check-in timing, project screen accounts, etc. but now it's time to start filling up the rest of our actual vacation calendar.

AT PORT TESTING REQUIREMENTS UPDATED JULY 13

Fully vaccinated Guests on sailings departing European ports on or after July 30, 2022, must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken no more than 1-2 days before setting sail to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Sail Screen app available on the Project Screen by Prenetics website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

Antigen tests must be completed using a professionally proctored in-person or telehealth service and come with digital results that can be uploaded to the Sail Screen app. A nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or PCR test is also acceptable. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through our third-party vendor, Project Screen by Prenetics for $32 USD (or £30 GBP). Guests may also obtain a test from any independent testing supplier or pharmacy.

Fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload pre-trip test results to the Project Screen by Prenetics website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be tested at the terminal before boarding and will be charged for the cost of the test. The cost of embarkation tests for fully vaccinated Guests will be $74 USD (£60 GBP or 550kr DKK) for the initial antigen test, and, if needed, $125 USD (£105 GBP or 927kr DKK) for a confirmatory PCR test, charged at the time of service.

Guests can also use the Sail Screen by Prenetics website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at a testing location set up near the cruise terminal, one to 3 days before their sail date. Results will be available 24 to 48 hours from the time the sample is received by Prenetics and will be sent to the email address provided during registration on the Prenetics website.

It takes some of the stress away for embarkation day I suppose. I found a testing site about an 8 min walk away from our pre-cruise hotel in London that does a 15 minute rapid antigen test with travel certificate for £39. That’s my plan for now.

It takes some of the stress away for embarkation day I suppose. I found a testing site about an 8 min walk away from our pre-cruise hotel in London that does a 15 minute rapid antigen test with travel certificate for £39. That’s my plan for now.
I have do mine on the Friday as I'm traveling to England and going direct to Dover on the Saturday

I am freaking out right now. This is our first time to London. We have tours planned. We are staying at the Hyatt Churchill. Is that possibly your hotel? If so would you give me the info for the test site? Thanks so much!

We arrive on Wednesday, but we’ll probably do ours Friday as well. Getting past that and on to fun.

Last call for anyone interested in joining a Fish Extender Exchange.

@EliOliAli are you still interested?

Anyone can join, just let me know the following details
  • Stateroom Number or Numbers
  • Family Last Name
  • Room Occupants (include age at time of sailing for kids) Gender Specification is optional
  • Celebration
  • Allergies
  • Favourite Character

So how is everyone's planning going?

Ive booked my trains to and from Dover.

I fly from Ireland to Heathrow so I will get the Tube from Heathrow and a direct train from St Pancreas to Dover on Saturday 3 .

On Sunday 11 September I have booked a train around 10am back to London. I booked direct with the train website and paid £51 for the return journey. I selected to get the tickets at the station, so on the day I just need to use my bank card in the self service machines.

I have also booked a Travelodge near Kings Cross for a few days after the cruise.

Now that pre and post cruise is sorted the next thing on my list is to look at the ports. Im doing all the ports DIY I have not booked any DCL excursions.

Some of the ports are just small villages and one of the ports is a large city, so I need to plan out what to see and do in each place.

I fly from Ireland to Heathrow so I will get the Tube from Heathrow and a direct train from St Pancreas to Dover on Saturday 3 .

On Sunday 11 September I have booked a train around 10am back to London. I booked direct with the train website and paid £51 for the return journey. I selected to get the tickets at the station, so on the day I just need to use my bank card in the self service machines.

I have also booked a Travelodge near Kings Cross for a few days after the cruise.

Now that pre and post cruise is sorted the next thing on my list is to look at the ports. Im doing all the ports DIY I have not booked any DCL excursions.

Some of the ports are just small villages and one of the ports is a large city, so I need to plan out what to see and do in each place.
Did you book the non-stop express from St Pancreas? Which site did you use? That is on my to do list. Thanks for the reminder!

So I looked at our cruise on the DCL site yesterday and ran through all room categories to see how many rooms were showing as available. It’s an approximation as I easily could have mis-counted. Interesting none the less.

Concierge - 4 (Roy Disney Suite and both 2BRs still open)
Veranda - 25
Ocean view - 43
Inside - 46

118 empty rooms out of 883
13.3% vacant (based on rooms, not the number of guests)

I am freaking out right now. This is our first time to London. We have tours planned. We are staying at the Hyatt Churchill. Is that possibly your hotel? If so would you give me the info for the test site? Thanks so much!
Us too! We have a very busy three days in London planned and now have to find time to test. Looking for locations close to Buckingham Palace!

So I looked at our cruise on the DCL site yesterday and ran through all room categories to see how many rooms were showing as available. It’s an approximation as I easily could have mis-counted. Interesting none the less.

Concierge - 4 (Roy Disney Suite and both 2BRs still open)
Veranda - 25
Ocean view - 43
Inside - 46

118 empty rooms out of 883
13.3% vacant (based on rooms, not the number of guests)
Curious whether this is high or average for pre covid sailings?

We were initially looking at Disney excursions for Nordfjord and Eidfjord but when you search the areas they have some interesting areas within them! Especially if you like Vikings. Nordfjord we did book an excursion for a RIB ride but they also have a museum with a Viking ship, and Eidfjord has a swimming area in the fjord along with a burial mound walking trail....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter