September 2023 W.I.S.H. 🍂Fabulous Fall 🍁

PAsFab5

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the 🍁September 2023 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Thread! 🍂

We're finishing up the August thread and will be officially starting here on Tuesday the 6th. But please introduce yourself in the meantime and get ready to follow along.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format: MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

Host schedule:
9/4-9/10 @PAsFab5
9/11-9/17 @Oneanne
9/18-9/24 @ShannyMcB

9/25-10/1

Hi! I'm Nicole, 52, living in southeastern Massachusetts with my DH, DS(22), and several pets. I've always felt like September is the "real" new year (years as a student, then later as a parent and teacher kind of brand the academic schedule into your brain 😆 ) - so my goal this month will be to find my new fall routines.

P.S. - I can take the last week if nobody else wants it.

Shannon, 40, living in RI with DH, DS11, DS8 and DD.
Life is busy and the last year has been rough. October will mark one year since my father passed and the end of this month is 6 months since my mother passed. I have been not paying as much attention to my physical health as I was taking care of my emotional health and the needs/wellbeing of my kids. Now is the time to get back on track.
WDW is in 11 months and I would very much like to look cute in my park tank tops again! Oh and be healthier :hyper:

Hi - I'm Becky, 52, living in southern Illinois about 45 minutes north of St Louis, MO.

In 2020, I lost 50 pounds and was feeling great, but let old habits come back when I got into my busy, stressful part of my job at the end of the year. Well, I basically put it all back over the next 2-3 years and I'm finally back at it again. This time with some more lessons learned that will hopefully help as I do this again.

My goal this month is to track what I eat and add some mild exercise to my daily life. For now, I'm setting my goal at 5,000 steps everyday with 2 days each week at 7,500 steps. So far in September I've had 4 days at the 5,000 step level and 1 at 7,500. Today at work I had 1,800 steps, so DH and I walked the 1.2 mile lap around our neighborhood streets to get up to my 5,000 for the day. I need to figure ways to get some more steps in through my workday!

I'm Linda, an empty nester from the Pacific Northwest. DH and I are going to WDW during winter break and Guatemala over spring break so I need to up my steps!

I'm super tired tonight (we had open house at school so it was a long, long day!). I didn't sleep well last night so didn't get up at o'dark thirty to do yoga and had thought I would do it tonight. Fat chance! Oh no! A girlfriend just texted asking to go for a walk. I'm going to be so ready for bed in 1.5 hours!

Hi, I am Stephanie from Northeast Ohio. I have been married almost 19 year and have 2 kids. Nick is 17 and a senior and Elizabeth is 16 and a Junior. They both keep me super busy but hopefully that will die down soon. We are getting closer to Elizabeth getting her license. She will finish her in car driving at the end of October. My husband has asked me what am I going to do with my time in 2 years when I am an empty nester. I that will be when I can hopefully finally get a schedule to work out. Now it is just when I have time and I don't have much of it.

My woohoo is I am still doing pretty good with my eating. Last week was a bit rough but I bounced back this week. I am still down a little bit of weight.

Woohoo… I’m sitting in the Starbucks at EPCOT eating and drinking sugar while I try to cool down waiting for my VQ time for Guardians. After that I’m going to have to come up with a strategic way to get to the back of the park without completely melting.

My goals for September are going to have to be centered on recovering from this trip. I feel like all I’ve done is eat. I had intended to go lightly today but ended up having a full sized lunch inside the Mexico pavilion, including an avocado margarita. Ugh, my belly is so full and yet here I am in Starbucks having more.

When I get back home I’m going to start a ritual of making a pot of soup on Sunday that’ll last me for lunch most of the week. So that will be another goal for the month.

I'm Summer...58 years old, married 30 years to my DH, 64. We have one DD, 25. I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching kindergarten. I use MyFitnessPal to become healthier and in better physical condition. My ultimate goal is to lose 60 more pounds. I have discovered that my post menopausal body will not allow me to lose more than one pound a week, maybe two if I’m lucky. I am working on accepting that and trying hard to be consistent and treat this as a forever lifestyle rather than a temporary fix.

I knew that being back in a very structured routine would help me lose weight. I have lost 7 pounds since school started!!!!!!!!

Woowhoo I made it through my first mammogram :scared: 90 degrees without deoderant was all kinds of special.
As a reward I got myself panera for lunch. Instead of having a full size order of mac and cheese I got a small Mac and cheese and half an Asian chicken salad. So I got what I wanted without ALL the calories and a decent amount of veggies to boot.

1B1126B9-7601-4FB0-A6C8-3C4259974458.jpeg

Thankful Thursday!!! What are you thankful for today??

I am thankful that I got to spend some time with 3 of my nieces and nephews last night-we played board games and watched the little mermaid so it was a great few hours spent together!!

Happy Thursday everyone!!

I am thankful that I am in the office today and the kids are in school. I have one very crabby 16 year old today. I am hoping by the time we all get home we all will be in a better mood.

She normally doesn't have to be at school until 9 but she has a meeting that she needed to be there when school starts. So roughly 2 hours earlier then normal. This threw of the morning routine for all of us, since we all had to be in the bathroom (we only have 1) and out the door at the same time. It did not go well this morning.

I love that saying! I have a similar coaster that I bought on vacation this summer - Happiness is not having what you want but wanting what you have!

Today I'm thankful that we are having a beautiful fall day! Tonight is our local hospital's annual fundraiser. It's a duck race (rubber duckies in a lazy river) at a local waterpark. It's the second year for it and it's a lot of fun. I'm just glad that we are having a nice day for it. I'm not sure what the backup plan is if it were to rain!

Today I’m thankful to be sitting in the theater waiting for the Indy show to start, with a fan blowing cool air across my neck. I’m also thankful I was able to get the Brown Derby lunch ADR I canceled back. I ate so much yesterday I wasn’t hungry and thought I’d go light, so canceled it. But in looking at DHS menus that’s where I really want to go, so I rebooked it. To day is to be the hottest day yet, so it’s going to be mostly shows and air conditioning for me. Thank goodness for AC!

We are experiencing a heatwave, so I am thankful for air conditioning, and the fact that the A/C in my classroom actually works for the first time ever!!!

I am thankful that we had early dismissal yesterday, today, and will again tomorrow due to the extreme temperatures.

I’m thankful that I had a solid 2 hours to myself yesterday to catch up on paperwork, and time to myself at home today for the first time since August 18th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter