• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

**September 2019**

So what "extras" are people hoping/planning to do this trip?

I am hoping for a DAH. If MK or HS is available for our dates we will do it. If only AK DAH shows up, maybe... Not sure about that one.
We're planning to Uber to Character Warehouse on Vineland. Never Ubered or gone to the outlet on a trip before.
Typhoon Lagoon. We've never done a water park before.
Mini golf. Also have never done this.
Maybe go to Animal Kingdom Lodge to wander around and possibly have lunch.
MNSSHP.

Also, I have promised DH we will sleep in more. We have gone the last 3 years so we don't have to hit every ride as many times as possible. Also, we went the same week last year (8/30-9/7) and crowd levels were GREAT. We got so much done very easily! We are definitely more night owls, so looking forward to staying out late and sleeping in!

Depending on the dates, we're shooting for MNSSHP and MK DAH. My parents would like to do a tour too, so I'm thinking we'll do Behind the Seeds. Any advice on which tours would be ok with a 4 almost 5 you would be great!

Woohoo count us in as well!! Staying at Pop Century from the 14th-22nd for my son’s first birthday (21st). This will be the first time returning since we got married at Disney in 2016.
I'm heading back to the World a lot sooner than anticipated! My husband and I are going to celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary Sept 8-15 at All Star Sports with a Preferred room and free dining upgraded to the regular plan. I am soooo excited. We're being joined by our best friends who will be celebrating their Disneymoon/1 year anniversary. It'll be Hubby's first trip and it will be everyone else's second. Can't wait to share the magic with him...and experience MNSSHP!!!!
Added to roll call :)

I am hoping for a DAH. If MK or HS is available for our dates we will do it. If only AK DAH shows up, maybe... Not sure about that one.
We're planning to Uber to Character Warehouse on Vineland. Never Ubered or gone to the outlet on a trip before.
MNSSHP.

Also, I have promised DH we will sleep in more. We have gone the last 3 years so we don't have to hit every ride as many times as possible. Also, we went the same week last year (8/30-9/7) and crowd levels were GREAT. We got so much done very easily! We are definitely more night owls, so looking forward to staying out late and sleeping in!

I went back and forth on DAH but decided we would rather upgrade to DDP from QSDP, mostly because of our youngest - doesn't stay up late and loves character meals.

I think we will upgrade to the water park and more ticket. We really like the water parks *especially* in the summer.

Hi, I'm joining the roll call! We just got back last month from our first trip ever to WDW and I just booked for Beach Club 9/29-10/4/19! Boy, they aren't lying when they say Disney is addictive...

Got Free Dining and upgraded it to Deluxe - we like breakfast & a Signature for dinner. I am so excited to stay at Beach Club...we did AKL last month and while it was nice, I love the idea that we can walk to Epcot & HS!

Do any of you happen to know when Spirit releases flights for the fall? Right now they only have through 9/4/19.

Hi, I'm joining the roll call! We just got back last month from our first trip ever to WDW and I just booked for Beach Club 9/29-10/4/19! Boy, they aren't lying when they say Disney is addictive...

Got Free Dining and upgraded it to Deluxe - we like breakfast & a Signature for dinner. I am so excited to stay at Beach Club...we did AKL last month and while it was nice, I love the idea that we can walk to Epcot & HS!

Do any of you happen to know when Spirit releases flights for the fall? Right now they only have through 9/4/19.
It really is addictive lol

I added you to the roll call :thumbsup2

Don't know if it can be updated or if it matters, but I just added another night to our trip so now we're doing ASMo from the 23rd to the 29th. I guess my Disney "extra" is an extra day lol and the room discount more than covered it. :)

I am trying to convince my DH that a September trip to doable! He has been rather aloof, but last night he said when in September wouldn't work due to work, soooo I think my persistence is working! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

MNSSHP.

i"m debating between MNSSHP and DAH. It will depend on what I do in April, if I do a DAH in April then it will most likely be the party and probably KTTK tour again. I did the tour with my DH in 2016 but seeing how much I loved it and I'm going solo in September I thought this would be a good thing to do again.

MNSSHP.

We were there that same week last year and loved the crowds!

Extras we want to do:
MNSSHP-went to our first one last year and absolutely loved it! Highlight of our trip! We went as Captain Hook (DH), Mr. Smee (me), Wendy (DD7), Tinkerbell (DD4) and Peter Pan (DS2.)
CRT- this is something we do every trip. We love eating dinner here. We had a less than stellar experience last year so I’m not sure if we will do it again this year. Especially since my son will be 3 and no longer free!
EMM MK or HS- would love to do one of these as I’ve heard so many great reviews!
DAH- they have never offered this during our dates but I’m hoping they will at least one time so we can do it!

MNSSHP.

We are going for a week with our adult daughter and her boyfriend in May and hubby and I just did F&W/MNSSHP AND MVMCP this past October and December so our September "just the two of us" trip will be very low key. Last October we paid for the Sleepy Hollow thing at Fort Wilderness but we didn't go because we were both whipped.....so I think maybe we'll try to do that again. Dh loves the Halloween party more than the Christmas party (and I'm torn between the two of them) so we'll probably end up going to MNSSHP too. I must admit, I enjoyed the ToT very much! It was unseasonably warm last October when we went and if it's like that this year then I definitely want to plan more swim time so that's on the list too.

I'm also hoping for a DAH event. I did one in MK this past September and I cannot say enough good things about it. It was worth every penny. But I share your thoughts on AK. I would do MK or HS for sure, but I'd only do AK if I was unable to get FP for FoP. I'm also interested in EMM for HS.

I'm really torn about MNSSHP because I'm going with my husband who has no interest in characters or parades but I love the party so we'll see. He's kind enough to agree to come with me even though Disney isn't his thing so I don't wanna push it lol

I'm also thinking about a private fireworks cruise to surprise DH. I think that's actually something he'd be impressed by. However, it starts at $199 which is kind of steep for one couple imo. I wish we knew another couple to split the cost with but then it wouldn't be so private and as an anniversary trip surprise, I don't think I'd like that. I'm still thinking on this one.
The Illuminations cruise we did back in 2012 was a bigger pontoon boat and seated 10. We joined some folks from this board after I found people who wanted to share a cruise during our stay. It would have been such a great time if it hadn't rained :( It was still fun but we didn't see much of the show since the boat stayed parked under one of the bridges!

Don't know if it can be updated or if it matters, but I just added another night to our trip so now we're doing ASMo from the 23rd to the 29th. I guess my Disney "extra" is an extra day lol and the room discount more than covered it. :)
Updated roll call. Yay for more days!

My husband - the guy who is worse about lines than my children - keeps telling me he wants to go when they open :rolleyes: We would have to commit one day to waiting in one line, one day to waiting in the other, and a third to see anything else lol
Yea no thank you! My husband is a die hard Star Wars fan but he is willing to wait in order to enjoy it. I’d be miserable!

We only use quick service for the reasons you give and it used up so .much time
We Have ONLY done the regular dining plan and lately we have been sick of it. The last vacation we felt it took so much time out of our days and our little one couldn’t sit still for too long.
We are contemplating getting the quick service plan. We definitely only need a breakfast and dinner quick service meal and a snack in between. It’s perfect for us. The only problem is we want to do three sit downs so not sure if it’s going to cost more.
I’m actually going to post a thread about t hoping someone has some acknowledge for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter