• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 2018 park calendar hours

Boardwalk Gal

Lean not on your own understanding.
In the past, I always were able to see the park hours way before 180 days (6 months) before but it seems that the site is not showing the park hours until 6 months out. I used to be able to sort out dining plans by looking at the hours of the parks. ie: EMH, Event parties, etc. and have it ready to make ressies at 180 days out. i have it all set up but then i heard rumor that one of the days is closing early because of MNSSP and was going to make ressies for dinner that evening.

Is this something new that Disney doing that we unable to see the park hours until 6 months out? Very frustrating! How does anyone else do this? :sad2:

I just booked my late August ADRs blindly. Based myself off of the previous week's hours and Touring Plans' crowd calendar. I figure, at worst, I'll switch a couple things around or park hop to take advantage of EMH.

Liberty Tree had ZERO availability for dinner when I was looking on one of my dates. Perhaps Halloween parties are the reason for this. It hadn't occured to me until this post, tbh.

One of the days the park closes at 6 pm.Can we still eat at Liberty Tree at 6 pm even we don't have tickets for MNSSHP? How does that work if we want to eat at the restaurants in MK night of the party? (assuming we can get those ressies)

So long as the reservation begins before the posted closing time, you should be in the clear. CMs in the restaurant will remind to vacate the park at the end of the meal.

Partygoers have wristbands that admit them to rides, experiences, etc. People without wristbands still wandering the parks will be directed to exits by the CMs.

Great! that's good to know that we can still eat there at the restaurants.

Just FYI, you can currently see a bit past the 180 day mark by doing the following:

On Disney's website:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Note....all park hours that far out are subject to change. Disney has not really been updating final park hours until about a month out lately, and sometimes even shorter than that.

Just FYI, you can currently see a bit past the 180 day mark by doing the following:

On Disney's website:
  • Hover over "My Disney Experience"
  • Click "My Itinerary"
  • Click "Add Plans" --> Click "Add Parks & Places"
  • Change the date at the top
Note....all park hours that far out are subject to change. Disney has not really been updating final park hours until about a month out lately, and sometimes even shorter than that.

Thx! I tried that..it's not bold.:sad2:

I had to find the Sept calendar on the "unofficial" Disney website for it. :rolleyes1

One of the days the park closes at 6 pm.Can we still eat at Liberty Tree at 6 pm even we don't have tickets for MNSSHP? How does that work if we want to eat at the restaurants in MK night of the party? (assuming we can get those ressies)
Last year the cut off time for dining without party tickets varied, depending on the restaurant. For some, reservations were available until park close, but at others it was about an hour prior to closing. Once reservations were released last year it was pretty clear because reservations that didn't require party tickets were on the regular restaurant reservation page and those that required party tickets were listed on the Dining during the MNSSHP/MVMCP party pages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter