Selling VWL When CRV Comes Along?

The possibility of CRV keeps me from pursuing a VWL add-on. Does that count?

See, you guys are still not convincing me with all your arguements.

Diane, I've read all your posts on your opinions on CRV. I don't think anyone will ever be able to change your mind. (or is even trying to):lmao: It all comes down to personal preferences. I'm looking forward to the close proximity to MK and what should be some great room views at CRV. AKV holds no interest for me. So I'll be saving my pennies for an add on at CRV when and if it happens.

Those owning VWL, are you planning on selling VWL to purchase CRV when it comes along?

Not on my life. I'll take VWL over CRV any day.

VWL and CRV are polar opposites in terms of decor. I could see a VWL owner switching to CRV if they bought VWL only because that was the only thing available at the time. However, for those - like me - who sought out VWL, I don't think CRV would be a tempting alternative.

I did consider selling one of my VWL contracts and purchasing the equivalent number of points at AKV. However, I decided against it. Too much trouble. I figured I'd just keep all my points at VWL and trust to luck that I'll be able to switch to AKV every once in a while. (But if I "get stuck" at VWL, I won't be shedding too many tears.)

I think I am actually the first person on this thread to say that we are considering selling WVL for CRV if it comes to fruition. We love WVL, but I have to say we are budget-minded and everytime I think about staying there and would LOVE to do so, we just don't have the points, or want to use as many points, because we often stay at OKW or BWV standard view (we own a small contract at WVL and larger one at BWV). If it cost fewer points to stay per night at WVL, we would stay there more often.

That being said, with our very young DS, we would love to be on a monorail resort. We might sell the WVL just because the booking window does us no good seeing as we don't stay at WVL enough to justify it. We would stay at CRV more frequently though (although it depends on point structures as well).

For more background, my first trip to Disney was when I was 6, in the early 70's when it just opened. We were LUCKy enough to get a room at CR. We stayed there a handful of times as I was growing up. It is very special to me.

My thought is you just can't go wrong at Disney - there is something for everybody!!!

I think I am actually the first person on this thread to say that we are considering selling WVL for CRV if it comes to fruition. We love WVL, but I have to say we are budget-minded and everytime I think about staying there and would LOVE to do so, we just don't have the points, or want to use as many points, because we often stay at OKW or BWV standard view (we own a small contract at WVL and larger one at BWV). If it cost fewer points to stay per night at WVL, we would stay there more often.

That being said, with our very young DS, we would love to be on a monorail resort. We might sell the WVL just because the booking window does us no good seeing as we don't stay at WVL enough to justify it. We would stay at CRV more frequently though (although it depends on point structures as well).

For more background, my first trip to Disney was when I was 6, in the early 70's when it just opened. We were LUCKy enough to get a room at CR. We stayed there a handful of times as I was growing up. It is very special to me.

My thought is you just can't go wrong at Disney - there is something for everybody!!!

You make a lot of good points. Though I have a suspicion that the point rates at CRV will be at least as high as VWL, and possibly the higher dues.

What would seem to make more sense for you would be to purchase OKW or SSR for the lower maintenance fees and then just see what is available at the 7 month window as you now do. You could book, for example, OKW at the 11 month window and always know that you have a "cheap point" option in case your other desired options fall through.

With OKW resale prices currently about $4.00 less per point than VWL, you could probably do that pretty inexpensively.

Of course, if you like the longer contract time than it wouldn't be as attractive an option for you. :)

We love WVL, but I have to say we are budget-minded and everytime I think about staying there and would LOVE to do so, we just don't have the points, or want to use as many points, because we often stay at OKW or BWV standard view (we own a small contract at WVL and larger one at BWV). If it cost fewer points to stay per night at WVL, we would stay there more often.

If you're budget conscious then I would definitely hang onto my old points. If CRV happens, it's going to cost an arm and a leg.

Another thing, when we bought VWL, DS was six years old and MK was the place to be. He's now 12 and he prefers Epcot and MGM. :rolleyes:

believe me I do understand. budget myself.

but I simply love VWL couldn't sell it. I dearly loved WL before VWL was build.

sometimes however rewarding one self makes us kept going. I look at my VWL stays as rewards.

Still love OKW. you probably feel about VWL like I feel about BWV. I only kept it for the less points.

We could never sell our VWL points. DH would KILL me. On our last trip we stayed at BWV and we actually had to visit WL because he was "homesick!":rotfl2: That being said, I wouldn't mind either adding on at a CRV or just using the 7 month window to try staying there. (It would still be close enough for DH to make a visit "home!")

I'd probably have to disqualify myself from his jury, too. :lmao:

:rotfl:

Now that'd be funny! It *is* supposed to be a jury of one's peers, right? So anything VWL-related should have a jury of VWL owners! And in this circumstance, we'd have to find him not guilty by reason of sanity.

I guess it comes down to me that I THINK I would like CRV enough to justify spending more points per night there than I do at WVL. I'm just not really sure though. We went to MK a few times on our last trip, and I was reminded over and over about what a pain it is to get there unless you are on the monorail (especially with stroller in tow). If I knew I could get in at CRV or anywhere else at 7 months, I probably wouldn't bother buying CRV and I would keep my WVL points. I think I will splurge soon and do WVL again sometime - I do like to mix it up, but DH LOVES OKW, and with the very low points per night cost, it's a hard sell... :sad2:

We could never sell our VWL points. DH would KILL me. On our last trip we stayed at BWV and we actually had to visit WL because he was "homesick!":rotfl2: That being said, I wouldn't mind either adding on at a CRV or just using the 7 month window to try staying there. (It would still be close enough for DH to make a visit "home!")

This sounds just like DH and me! We stayed at BWV last fall because it was close to Epcot and we were going to the F & WF. We made our ressies for this year at VWL because we missed it so much! We would rather spend a little time on the buses in order to wake up at the lodge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter