• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seeking Easy and Fun Bake Sale Recipes

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
My daughter's after school group is holding a bake sale ti raise $$ for children in Ukraine.

Seeking some easy "big hit," recipes.

Thanks!

Rice krispy treats. Always easy, always a hit. You can color them blue and yellow.

Cupcakes always easy. You can go for big cakes too, if people have advanced notice that they will be sold as a whole cake.

Sugar cookies w/yellow and blue icing and sprinkles.

Caramel corn was always a hit. Air popped popcorn and a quick caramel. Drizzle on chocolate if you want.

My daughter's after school group is holding a bake sale ti raise $$ for children in Ukraine.

Seeking some easy "big hit," recipes.

Thanks!

Choc chip cookies
Brownies
Blondies
Lemon bars
Oatmeal raisin cookies
White chocolate macadamia nut cookies

I was at a party where someone brought the most incredible fudge we had tasted. :lovestruc All of us were raving over it. I cornered her for the recipe and she admitted it was the Never Fail Fudge recipe on the back of the Marshmallow Fluff jar.

Make sure you get real, authentic Marshmallow Fluff, not a cheap generic and use the real recipe on the jar, again not some other recipe.

https://marshmallowfluff.com/never-fail-fudge/

I was at a party where someone brought the most incredible fudge we had tasted. :lovestruc All of us were raving over it. I cornered her for the recipe and she admitted it was the Never Fail Fudge recipe on the back of the Marshmallow Fluff jar.

Make sure you get real, authentic Marshmallow Fluff, not a cheap generic and use the real recipe on the jar, again not some other recipe.

https://marshmallowfluff.com/never-fail-fudge/

Yum, thanks for the recipe!

Rocky Road:

1 bag mini marshmallows
2 cups salted peanuts
1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips
1 (12 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 TBSP margarine

Put marshmallows and peanuts in a large bowl. Melt Chocolate, milk, and margarine together in the microwave. Pour over other ingredients, stirring to coat thoroughly. Scrape into a 9x13 pan lined with waxed paper. Let set, then cut into squares. If you wanted to get fancy, you could use colored marshmallows or sprinkle with candy decorations.

I like this recipe, because it literally takes 5 minutes, start to finish, and always gets raves.

EASY BANANA BREAD

1 box yellow cake mix
4-5 overripe bananas
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Chopped Walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Spray two loaf pans with non-stick-baking spray. Don't follow the mix directions, just add the eggs and vanilla and walnuts (if you're using them. I have also used chocolate chips, but for those shake them in a baggie with a bit of flour so they don't sink to the bottom of the loaves.) Pour into pans. Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pans for 15 minutes before turning out to cool completely.

People tend to go for coffee cakes and loaf cakes at bake sales, I've found. You can wrap them in cellophane and tie with blue and yellow curling ribbon.

If you're looking to sell the kids' eyes - candy on top of cookies/brownies/rice krispie treats/cupcakes/cake pops is it. They will be all over products topped with mini m&ms, mini reese's cups (if PB allowed), sprinkles, chocolate chips, marshmallows, crushed potato chips/pretzels, swedish fish/sour patch kids, etc.

My daughter's after school group is holding a bake sale

Since this is for a school group, I suggest make something with no peanuts or nuts due to allergies. Even if they didn't say anything up-front, they may make that decision once the foods show up and they realize they need to leave those foods out. It would be a shame to make something that ends up being left off to the side.

8th graders at my dd’s school are in charge of the desserts during our Lenten Fish Fry. We made cupcakes weekly, they always sold out.

For school bake sale, I’ve made several things but the clear cut winner? You guessed it, cupcakes! I always added sprinkles or a candy topper to add to the appeal.

FWIW, I use a boxed cake and add an egg, substitute butter for oil, and milk for water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter