Security screening at Resorts

ChiDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
Unfortunately with the way things are in the United States during this current time does anyone think that the Evolv scanners will ever be implemented at the Disney World Resorts? They have done a great job in the parks and Disney Springs with this technology but I fear there is a loophole at the resorts. It would be an inconvenience but it seems necessary at this point, freedoms come with a price.

It wouldn’t surprise me. They have security at Disneyland paris hotels and it’s not too inconvenient. Bags go through a scanner and people go through metal detectors.

There could be many legal issues with that revolving around temporary residencey as well as actual deeded ownership with dvc and that's on top of everyday issues like where do the items go that are prohibited in the park but really are legal or no big deal everywhere else ..like a simple folding knife

Doing it would probably be a logistical nightmare and not worth it and I would endeavor to take legal action regarding my 3 home resorts. (DLP is an entirely different country and laws)

Fear not there is no loop hole here it is as designed.

Unfortunately with the way things are in the United States during this current time does anyone think that the Evolv scanners will ever be implemented at the Disney World Resorts? They have done a great job in the parks and Disney Springs with this technology but I fear there is a loophole at the resorts. It would be an inconvenience but it seems necessary at this point, freedoms come with a price.
No

It’s not physically realistic to begin to secure.

Hard with multiple buildings especially at the value and moderate resort. I think daily rooms checks are trying to prevent a Las Vegas style attack. They have guarded gates and have cracked down on visiting without a reservation or adr. I think DS was a bigger loophole and glad they added the security screening

Hard with multiple buildings especially at the value and moderate resort. I think daily rooms checks are trying to prevent a Las Vegas style attack. They have guarded gates and have cracked down on visiting without a reservation or adr. I think DS was a bigger loophole and glad they added the security screening
No doubt, DS was a concern of mine for awhile especially after one of the mass shooters scouted the area in the past. Feel much safer there now

“Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty or safety”. Benjamin Franklin.

With that said, Disney World is private property and they make the rules. We are not forced to go. But just the logistics of how the values and moderates are layed out it would be a nightmare to enforce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter