Security on rides

MaxDrake79

Earning My Ears
Guys, at the end of the month I'll be at universal parks. One question: I like all adrenaline drives, but I'm a safety fixture. Tell me if cast members obviously always check all the closures of the guards etc? I know that on velocicost, for example, there is only chest protection, but do the cast members always check or do they close it for you?

I haven't been to Universal in about two years, but my past experiences were that the workers always check each resraint manually. Moreover, a close friends that works as a supervisor in the park has always told me that they always check restraints manually because they do not trust the WDW version of allowing the guests to pull on a yellow tab. So, I wouldn't be concerned regarding the restraints

They check manually for any individual restraints, but not multi people restraints or "loose" restraints.

IE, they don't check the whole row automatic lap bars on stuff like Spider-Man & Simpsons. Although they do check the whole row lap bar on JP River Adventure.

I don't believe they hands-on check ET, MiB, Popeye barges, Kang & Kodos, or One Fish Two Fish.

Exception that I recall is the Hagrids motorbike seat. Rather than clambering over the sidecar person, they visually confirm the lap bar is down far enough then ask you to push up on it to confirm it is locked.

On VC, you pull down the restraints yourself but you have team members going down each side checking, they will push it down further if it can go further.

Guys, thank you for the answers you gave me and I apologize, but I don't really understand, apart from velocicoaster, if they still check I don't know, for example on the Hulk or the other coaster RIP ROCK. I didn't understand the difference with WDW since I will have to go there first too.

Last edited:
Rides they hands on check:
Velocicoaster
Rip Ride Rocket
Gringotts
Mummy
Hulk
Forbidden Journey
Dr Doom Fearfall
Hagrids sidecar seat
JP River Adventure
Seuss Trolley (I think)

Rides they look at:
Hagrids motorbike seat (look at & have you push up to show it is locked)
Jimmy Fallon
Minions
Popeyes barges
ET
MiB (I think)
Spider-Man
Transformers
Simpsons
Kang & Kodos
Cat in the Hat
Seuss Carousel

Can't remember:
Dudley Dooright log flume
Flight of the Hippogriff

Unknown: Pterodon Flyers - have not been on, need a kid to ride
Trollercoaster - brand new

No restraints:
Kong
Fast & Furious
Storm Force (teacups)
Hogwarts Express
Despicable Me Villiancon

You can also reach out to the ride attendant if you feel unsafe. I did that on JP River Adventure even after they had checked the row - there was a person next to me much much larger than myself and it left about a foot of space between me and the lap bar, which would be more than enough room for me to slip through. The attendant asked if I felt safe, I replied no, so she opened the bar and motioned me to join the row behind, who were much closer to me in size.

I’ll be honest I did not think my lap restraint on Velocicoaster was snug enough the first time I rode it. I couldn’t enjoy the ride because I kept picturing me flying out of the ride. And then I was worried they didn’t do my daughters’ (also tiny like me) restraints snug enough so I was just like Please let it be me that goes flying out if one of us does. 😂

But I survived and the next time I made sure it was snug enough. That ride I enjoyed so much! It’s the best roller coaster I’ve ever been on.

I also warned my nephew when he rode it to make sure it was snug enough and he pushed his down too much so he was in pain the whole ride. 😆

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest