Second Guessing my CBR Pirate room reservations....

R0CK632

Earning My Ears
I know it’s last minute but we are staying at the Caribbean beach resort next month in one of the pirate themed rooms. We have a 9 year old and a 5 year old. After more and more reading about our upcoming trip trying to get excited and prepared, the more negative reviews I’m finding in regards to the distance the pirate rooms are to the pool and food court.. Is it really that bad? Should I try to see if I can get a preferred room even though it’s last minute? Or does anyone have any words of encouragement or advice/ tips? Thanks

I’ve stayed in the pirate room with my family and yes, it’s quite the hike to the pool and food court. We didn’t find the beds to be particularly comfortable either. They’re not the worst rooms on property, but I don’t think I would stay in one again either.

We stayed at CBR for the first time back in May. Family of four, kids 8 and 4 at the time.

Booked a Pirate room at first thinking "what the heck" - something new, different, etc. I had read the negative attributes but was OK with it. I mean, really, it's just a resort room - can't be 'that bad.'

I eventually let doubt creep in and had a few DISers I trust for not being too extreme in their comments saying I should reconsider. Ultimately changed to a preferred room.

Not having stayed in a pirate room I feel bad even offering an opinion, but after our trip and now having a better feel for the layout/logistics of the resort, the preferred room location was a better choice for how we do Disney - lots of pool time, quick trips for food, amenities, etc. Plus the 2 queens certainly helps vs 2 fulls.

I would switch if you can. CBR truly is a massive report and with young kids it's really nice to be close to all the amenities.

My husband and I stayed in a Pirate room in January. We were at the Poly and decided to stay a few more days. The only real negative were the beds. I. Did. Not. Like. Them. One. Bit.

I know it’s last minute but we are staying at the Caribbean beach resort next month in one of the pirate themed rooms. We have a 9 year old and a 5 year old. After more and more reading about our upcoming trip trying to get excited and prepared, the more negative reviews I’m finding in regards to the distance the pirate rooms are to the pool and food court.. Is it really that bad? Should I try to see if I can get a preferred room even though it’s last minute? Or does anyone have any words of encouragement or advice/ tips? Thanks

Yes one year upon check-in we were told we were "upgraded" to a pirate room. I now consider that a downgrade, I wouldn't stay in those rooms again

Stayed in that section pre-Pirate and had the "joy" of dragging small kids to and from the main pool/food court. Swore I'd never stay in them again for location alone. Disney figured folks hated the location so only those got the Pirate touch to get people to book and not complain.

I have now stayed there after they became Pirates. It was a complimentary upgrade ...... 🤨 Since our trip was park-centric and I was driving, I kept the room to experience it. It's brown .... lots and lots of brown. The furniture is super cute but overall it looks like they didn't finish the rooms since there is no real engagement or story going on. Like why not a big treasure map painted on a wall? Just lots of brown. The beds are fulls and they are built like a bunk with harder foam type mattresses in them. Not the best sleep. And did I say, there is lots of brown. **

**DISCLAIMER: I haven't stayed since they ditched the brown bedspreads so now there is also white. And I think they lightened the walls to not be brown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter