Seaworld on Sunday after Thanksgiving

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
Would Seaworld be very busy on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
I'm having to rework my itinery because of the EE comeback :rolleyes:

:jester: 69 to go :jester:

I would like to know too please. That is when we are planning on going to hopefully avoid some of the crowds.

Heather

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Remember Sea world only gets a portion of the crowds WDW gets.

Seaworld even on a busy day, will seem like a small park compared to the zaniness packed to the gills Main Street in Magic Kingdom.

Think of it this way, you will be coming from what some say the #1 tourist attraction in Central Florida, to what maybe #4 or #5 (just a wild guess)

Thanksgiving week you will have people coming for the week, since most schools have off portion of that week or all of it (like my kids)

You will have some crowds, I'm sure you can find some attendance data somewhere, and find out what the usual attendance data for Seaworld vs. WDW (namely Magic Kingdom) and go from there. Some Central Florida guidebooks print that information.

Will it be horrendously busy? Don't know. It may not look busy compared to the business of Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving week. (been there, done that, don't want to do that again)

But if you follow the simple plan of getting there at park opening, wait for the rope drop, get in line for the rides, and see an early show, you will have half the battle done before the crowds come at 10:30 / 11 am.

In 2000, my husband and I went to Sea World on the Friday after Thanksgiving - the crowd was quite manageable and the economy was better then.

I went the Sunday after T-Day last year. The park wasn't empty by any means, but the crowds weren't bad either. I guess there were more people there than I expected, but like another poster said they were light compared to what it will be like at MK.

It's all about getting there early.
If you're in the park when they open at 9am, you're 1 step ahead of the crowd. Do JTA and Kraken first thing, then the rest are shows. You arrive to each one 20 minutes early and you get in. It's not like Disney where each ride has a long line. It's a completely different park, more relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter