Scooter at BWV

FeliciaB23

Mouseketeer
Hi! I posted this in the DVC Boardwalk thread but I’ve come up empty handed with responses so figured I’d try here.

My Mom plans to rent a scooter for the first time for our next trip (Jan 2025). We are staying in a deluxe studio at BWV and will be utilizing the pull down Murphy bed.

I saw in a few videos of the studio that some (if not all?) have a little alcove when you walk in. Does anyone know if a scooter can fit there? Is there an outlet over there? If not - does anyone have any suggestions on the best place to charge and park it in the room? We don’t feel comfortable charging it in the hallway. Thanks in advance.

Did you reserve an accessible room?

No we did not. She is able to walk but is planning to rent/use the scooter when needed in the parks due to arthritis flare ups in her knees…She has rented from Disney in the past on an as needed basis but we weren’t happy with the quality of their scooters or their pricing for that matter. Figured next trip would rent and keep in the room until needed (which will probably be by day 2) but, unsure where to actually keep it so that it can charge and it’s not too in the way as we know the BWV studios are on the smaller side.

A lot of Disney Resort Hotel rooms have a little “blank” space, often along the wall opposite the bathroom, often between the closet and the dresser/desk area. In connecting rooms, that’s typically where the connecting door is. Especially if there is a connecting door, there is often an outlet next to/nearby.

That space is often adequate for parallel parking a scooter to recharge. Depending on the room and the Resort, if there is chair(s) and table present, you can call Housekeeping (there is a button on the in-room phone) and ask them to help you either re-arrange or move out some excess furniture if needed.

Two things to note:

First, make tomorrow morning easier, and park your scooter in the direction headed out the door! Breakfast and Mickey await! 😉

Second, make sure you allow enough time to completely recharge overnight; I have one personal mobility device that takes *8* hours to completely recharge. There’s no rushing it; it takes as long as it takes. If you close down MK, then go to Disney Springs and close down everything there… you might not get that battery fully charged by 8am the next morning! Always charge every night and that way you should be able to go all day!

Have a great trip! 🙂

I stayed in a refurbed BWV studio in March. No ECV as my Mom was not with me. But next to the pull down twin bed, there is a large empty space. I swear it seems like there should be a table and chairs there. It is where the connecting door will be if there is one. Although, put in a request for a dedicated and then there will be no door there. I believe that is the general area we have parked it when we have stayed there before. There should be plugs available. Or take an extension cord and plug into by the bathroom (maybe in front of part of the vanity) and use the extension cord to better reach.

I usually leave my rental scooter right inside the doorway. The cord is quite long and is able to reach an outlet in the kitchenette.

I strongly recommend a Wedge-It to help keep the door open when entering or exiting the room. Those doors are super heavy.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-to-get-ecv-in-room-myself.3786378/page-2#post-64307013
I used to park mine there until someone pointed out to me that by parking it there, I make it difficult for anyone to open the door in case of evacuation or rescue. So now I drive it in and park it at the other end of the room, near the slider/French doors (regular rooms have sliders, HA rooms have French doors for some reason). I admit though that by putting it there, it blocks the murphy bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter