Savor the Savanna with rollator walker

stink

DIS Veteran
Planning on experiencing Savor the Savanna with a friend who uses a rolling/ rollator style walker.

Will there be concerns with taking the walker on the Savor the Savanna truck ? Do you need to go up stairs to get on the Savanna truck ?

I called Disney and they were no help. The two cast members I spoke to, only read what is noted on the website that speaks to ECVs and the ability to transfer into a wheelchair and did not know anything beyond information on the website.

Based on what I am reading on the main page for that experience, I would try to call this number:

(407) 938-1373

And ask if they either have anything to do with that experience, or if they have the correct number to call because you have a person with mobility issues who needs to know in advance about how their required mobility device will be handled for this experience.

There is a “fine print” section, and I copied and pasted the 2 main paragraphs that are probably the most important for your friend, under the link that says:

“Show Safety, Accessibility and Guest Policies”

• Please note in Internal Comments if Guest is unable to transfer onto the Savor the Savanna vehicle. This is necessary information to ensure the appropriate vehicle is available.
  • Non-transferrable wheelchair guests may remain in their wheelchair throughout this experience. Guests using a motorized wheelchair/ECV must leave their mobility devices behind and if needed, transfer to a wheelchair. Please be aware that guests must walk by themselves or be assisted by member(s) of their party.

Additionally, there is this paragraph from the main page:

• This experience requires Guests in ECVs to transfer into an available wheelchair to participate in the tour.

For more information, you may want to contact Disability Services at (407) 560-2547

The Savor the Savanna vehicles are not the same as the safari vehicle. You sit on bench seats around the perimeter of the bed of the truck, so you can be riding sideways and backward depending on where you sit. One woman had to ask the driver to stop so she could move as she said she was getting carsick. I can’t remember how we got into the back at the beginning of the tour, but I do remember we had to step up on the bench seat to get out at the Boma and then step down onto the seat and to the bed of the truck to leave. The Boma dining area is very tight, so I don’t think a rollator would work well there. One would need to sit at the perimeter and probably have someone else grab their food and drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter