San Juan Pre-Cruise Hotel?

You should check out hotels on Condado Beach and Isla Verde. We love those areas. We stayed at Caribe Hilton for the cruise a couple months ago. It was fine but I would rather be on Condado.
Any idea of whether sail-in would be visible? I know it would only be the beach front options, not across the street.

Our Residence Inn stay was in Isla Verde. We just didn’t have enough time to even get to the beach 😔

Any idea of whether sail-in would be visible? I know it would only be the beach front options, not across the street.

Our Residence Inn stay was in Isla Verde. We just didn’t have enough time to even get to the beach 😔
I don't remember the name of the hotel I stayed at on Isla Verde but the beach was spectacular and there was a great Puerto Rico resort across the street. I don't think you can see the ships from there. It's close to the airport. I do two nights in San Juan before a cruise so I can relax and enjoy it a little.

What was bad? Our experience was pretty average with the room, but the hotel lobby and beach area were nice. I don't know that I would choose it again, but it was convenient for DCL transport (for quick check in at the port). We stayed at the Marriott resort after the cruise and it was nicer than the Hilton, but still didn't seem to live up to the price.
I was traveling post torn bicep surgery and couldn't lift more than 3 pounds. We arranged a private transfer to the port which I talked to the bell stand the day before to understand where I needed to have the driver meet us. Bell stand told me. Driver shows up and before she could exit her vehicle a cab driver ran up to the car and started shouting obscenities and threatening her. He then got in my face yelling more obscenities. Bellmen completely disappeared. Someone who was supposedly with hotel security showed up and allowed the taxi driver to continue with his tirade. Security said she must be an Uber, which she wasn't as I had proof of text in advance arranging the ride and showed him my Uber app which showed no ride ordered. Hotel management didn't even apologize.

I was traveling post torn bicep surgery and couldn't lift more than 3 pounds. We arranged a private transfer to the port which I talked to the bell stand the day before to understand where I needed to have the driver meet us. Bell stand told me. Driver shows up and before she could exit her vehicle a cab driver ran up to the car and started shouting obscenities and threatening her. He then got in my face yelling more obscenities. Bellmen completely disappeared. Someone who was supposedly with hotel security showed up and allowed the taxi driver to continue with his tirade. Security said she must be an Uber, which she wasn't as I had proof of text in advance arranging the ride and showed him my Uber app which showed no ride ordered. Hotel management didn't even apologize.
I'm sorry this terrible situation happened to you during your vacation. The hotel staff should be more professional.

Chiming in as someone who stayed at Hotel Rumbao recently before our April 20 cruise, just after the changeover - it was still Sheraton when we booked but switched to Rumbao before we checked in. Even though the hotel was still undergoing some of its final renovations while we were there, we loved it! We booked a Junior Suite on a great deal and the room was so spacious and really lovely. The desk staff was also so kind, and even though I'm just a lowly Marriott silver they gave us coupons for two free drinks to use over our stay, as well as a late checkout. We were able to use the coupons for some specialty coffees in the morning which was a great perk! And you can't beat the location, it's a perfect spot to walk around, see the (other) ships coming in and out of port, and access all of the dining and nightlife that Old San Juan offers. It was also really convenient to have the Walgreens in the same building to pick up a few last minute essentials, they also sell alcohol so you could grab your wine/beer to carry onto the ship there easily as well.

We stayed at the Condado Plaza (it's a Hilton property), and it was fine. Room was good, the pool and beach area were nice. You look across a little bay at the Caribe Hilton. Uber to the port was quick and cheap.

You can see the ship from one end of the hotel (by the pool), but I doubt you could see it coming in / leaving.

It was also really convenient to have the Walgreens in the same building to pick up a few last minute essentials, they also sell alcohol so you could grab your wine/beer to carry onto the ship there easily as well.

This is a HUGE perk. We travel with three kids, so there's literally always something important that someone forgot, no matter how many times we check and double check. Can't tell you how many times we've had to Uber to the Publix in Celebration to get necessities during a WDW trip or before embarkation! 🤣

Does DCL do transfers from the San Juan airport to the Port the day of departure ? Or are the only transfers from Caribe Hilton ?

Does DCL do transfers from the San Juan airport to the Port the day of departure ? Or are the only transfers from Caribe Hilton ?
Have you tried the option below to see if anything is offered. My searches are not showing anything. We arrived the day before and stayed at a hotel not selected by DCL.

You have a few options available for getting transportation set up. You can log into your Disney Cruise Line Navigator App click on your reservation and then navigate to add "Transportation." You can also call Disney Cruise Line directly and they will get everything set up for you as well.

I doubt that there is a need for transfers from the airport to the Pan American pier the day of the cruise. I would guess most guests would want to spend a couple days in San Juan. I could be wrong.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest