sailing with a senior parent

Rae always getting in trouble :p but I look forward to meeting your Mom on our Halloween Magic cruise.

Buckaroo's Dad I commend you for taking your Mom and I am sure she was thrilled (but could not act it) when you rebooked your cruise this year. The memories she and your son gain are priceless. I am always impressed with a man who takes care of his Mother, I believe the theory in seeing how they treat their Mother gives you insight to their personalites and you sound like a good one.

When my Mom and Dad went with us last year my Mom is quite young 58 but was unfortunate to have had a massive stroke shortly after her 56th birthday. She uses a wheel chair and a cane and has no use of her right hand and minimal of her right leg. It was easiest to split up at times as she needed shade and to rest, she loved the shows, servers were helpful in getting us to our table and then removing her wheel chair and then bringing it back with out having to be asked.

I do agree with the sand wheel chairs. Luckily my DH was with us last year when my Dad got my Mom stuck in the soft sand by DH is a big guy and easily removed her. This year DH will not be able to go so I have already warned my Dad to push my Mom down the path and then we will help her walk or carry her if needed to her chair. The sand wheel chairs were great in the water though so she could get her toes wet ;)

Most important is the medical forms. For anyone with medical problems or the elderly I would have DCL fax the form to you and have it completed by their Doctors so if needed the information is handy.

Also, I found a cruise the perfect solution for my Mom, she can participate as much as she wants or as little, her cabin is close by to rest, food is wonderful and she is waited on.

Have fun!

Tiff - you need to get over to the community/debate dis boards if you really want to see me in action!!! Mom is exactly my opposite - most people love her, that only became a problem when I was dating - I never knew if the guy liked me or her and her cooking. She always had something on the stove or in the oven!!

Buckaroo's Dad is a hoot! Wish he were coming on our cruise - I am sure he'd keep us in stitches with his wit and I'd definitely bribe his Mom for some "true stories"!!!!!

Yup, nothing better than getting some adult time in with our parents now that we are parents.......even if it's "I told you so"!

Rae

Rae you are so right, there is nothing better than to be friends with your parents. I am taking my MIL on our cruise since DH can't go :( but am glad for my MIL because she could and would never do be able to go and I can't wait for her to enjoy because she is a joy :) Yes people I am lucky I have a wonderful MIL :p

My MIL will make for a whole play by herself one day. Between her and my son's fiancee, it's going to be an interesting challenge!!

Rae

Tiff - someday we have to talk!!!!!!!!

Rae

Neither one of them will be with us on the cruise - My Mom is normal, that's why I take her!!!! She balances me!

Don't get me started on either one of them, Tiff!!!!!! I can go on ad nauseaum!

; )
Rae

Ok, good I thought for a minute the MIL was going with us and I was changing my ressies (lol)...........we will have a great time. My MIL is wonderful and sweet and so are my Mom and Dad.

HAHHAHAHAHAH!

Can I adopt your MIL?!!!!!
My FIL was a great man and although it's been a long time since he passed, I still remember him fondly. The first time we met she was a bit curt with me. I politely informed her that my relationship with her son was as his wife. FIL looked at me and smiled, "I like you!" That felt good! Again, probably the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end!!!

Glad to hear that there are MIL's and DIL's who get along so well. I can't wait til we get together, Tiff! With our families!

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter