S/O - do you attend Pride events?

amberpi

DIS Veteran
How many of my fellow Diser's attend these events? I try to as an ally, even though I'm in a hetero/mono relationship. Speaking of monogamy...I've noticed a huge influx of the poly community into these events, which I think is also lovely. It really feels like everyone is welcome, even my tall, white cisgender, hetero husband who has all the privilege.

I am an ally but I don’t go to events (of any kind) in general, I get overwhelmed. I’m sure my oldest will go to the ones in October. Both of my DDs are very passionate and active supporters. My nephew and one of my DDs best friends are both transgender and I try to make my home a soft place to land as they don’t get that kind of support at home. Here they are just who they are, there’s never been any big discussion about it.

I work on the weekend when most events are scheduled, so I haven’t been able to attend any yet.

I am an ally but I don’t go to events (of any kind) in general, I get overwhelmed. I’m sure my oldest will go to the ones in October. Both of my DDs are very passionate and active supporters. My nephew and one of my DDs best friends are both transgender and I try to make my home a soft place to land as they don’t get that kind of support at home. Here they are just who they are, there’s never been any big discussion about it.

That's a really sweet thing...I mean, it's the right thing too, but very loving.

Nope. Don't attend gay pride events. It's not that I have anything against such events. In fact, I'm for em. I just don't attend much the same as I don't really attend christmas parades or 4th of july parades around my parts. When you're spoiled on the Rose parade, well other parades just are kind of lack luster. Besides, around here they usually consist of pick up trucks with a few signs on them.

Rose parade. Aids healthcare Foundation float

Your average pride parade around here. This one isn't from around here. It's Huntsville. That one looks better than ours to be honest. But it's pick up trucks and the like with a few signs on them.

Last edited:
I've been to the NYC Pride parade a bunch of times over the years. It's such a fun and welcoming environment. This year, NYC is hosting World Pride and there will be events throughout the next week, ending with the parade. It'll probably be super crowded but I imagine I'll be there anyway! There's nothing quite like Pride to make you feel invigorated and reminded that love and empathy go a long way.

Last edited:
I don't go to the parades actually myself, due to crowding and my balance, but I love the fact that it's a weekend long event of love.

I'm the same as many who have answered before me. I don't go because I don't really do events. But if someone else were going to drive, park, take care of the logistics, and keep me out of overwhelming crowds, I'd be very happy to go, too.

I never have went to any, I tend to be where you would think an old white guys being, a little more to the right, and these tend to get super plitical. But in fact as far as African Americans and Gay friends, I have many and they like me, and I like them because I am not a hater, in fact I am a lot of fun

I've been to the NYC Pride parade a bunch of times over the years. It's such a fun and welcoming environment. This year, NYC is hosting World Pride and there will be events throughout the next week, ending with the parade. It'll probably be super crowded but I imagine I'll be there anyway! There's nothing quite like Pride to make you feel invigorated and reminded that love and empathy go a long way.

Yes, I mentioned on another thread that this weekend starts off the week-long WORLD LGBTQ Pride Festival in NYC, culminating next weekend at Pier 97 at the Hudson River Park at 59th St. & the West Side Highway. There is going to be a huge event there at the Pier.

Lots of friends are going. (I'm straight, but an a huge supporter of inclusivity & diversity.) Some friends who've gone in the past have sent texts or emails of themselves at the parade. One friend actually got to be on one of the parade floats & emailed pics of himself singing & dancing on the float. He was definitely so PROUD of who he is. Go Anthony! :cool1:

I go if I can. The biggest thing keeping me from going to Pride in LA is parking. I was busy this year, but I'm hoping to go next year and I'll probably Uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter