Running with music--seeking advice/input/thoughts

I used to have some earbuds that clipped over my ear, and would let in ambient sound, but they were always feeling like they were falling off, or I was catching my arm in the cord. I got some cordless ones, but I still had issues. THEN, I received Shockz for Christmas 2021 prior to the Dopey and won’t go back.

For training runs, I typically listen to a podcast to keep my mind occupied. For races, I have a playlist of up-tempo music. I just start playing and let it play for the duration of the race. Typically at the beginning and end of a race there’s so much external noise that I just take the shockz off my ears and drop them to around my neck.
The Peachtree has music and entertainment over the entire route, so I have quit bothering with any music for it. For other various 5k and 10k races , I will have tunes since they tend to be quiet other than right at the race start and finish

I have been running for 25+ years. I run 5 times a week and have run a minimum of 100 miles/month for the last 5+ years. I have run several dozen races including 2 dozen runDisney races. Running is an obsession for me and a huge part of my life and identity.

That being said, if I had to run without music, I would probably give up running.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter