Running The Half, Dis Meets, Deluxe Dining,& SSR! BACK. Had a great time!

Yay! So glad you started this :goodvibes I'm definitely in!

And I want to tell you now - give you fair warning and all - you have to do the 2011 marathon. :) I'll be done with school by then and our APs from the wedding will still be good, so I decided I'm definitely going to do the marathon again in '11. Just want you to start mentally preparing. :rotfl:

Looking forward to more!

Hey Lynn! So excited you started your PTR for January! And I'm glad you're liking classes so far! :thumbsup2 I hope they go well!! My minor was secondary ed, so let me know if you have any questions (not that I could really help at all, ha!).

I'm so excited to be here for one of your PTR's! I always come in near the end of one of your TR's! Dbf and I share an anniversary in May too! :goodvibes

I was going to ask if you have ever worked in a salon before, your hair styles in the parks are always so pretty! We love it down WDW during the Christmas season, we normally go the 3rd week of December, the weather is so nice and the decorations are absolutely amazing! This is the 1st year we won't be going in December, but we're planning on going to the F&G festival next year with a bunch of other DIS'ers! :thumbsup2

Lynn-I'm going for accounting, maybe eventually be a CPA. I'm probably only going to take one class to begin with because I work 40-45 hours per week, fortunately my employer is willing to work with me on this, plus I am going to probably take the class online so if I really had to I could do homework on vacation.

Aww Lynn, I had no idea you & Tim have been together since you were 16!! My BF and I have been together since we were 15 (2004.) I love hearing of other high school sweethearts! Of course we're both just 20 right now but we can't wait to graduate college, get married & honeymoon in our favorite vacation spot...WDW!!!:goodvibes

I'm in for your PTR. I love the Christmas decorations at disney!! It's great that you'll be able to see them! I read your last PTR/TR and I loved it! I was a lurker though so I thought I might as well join in on this one!! Can't wait to hear more!!

i just found your PTR and am enjoying reading it so far:) first of all what a honor to run in disney:) I wish i have the willpower to run like that:) Also i see that we are doing deluxe dinning-- you are going to have to share how that works out for you-- DH and me are going in Sept-- but we think we might take a trip in the spring and try deluxe to try a lot of the 2 credit places-- like i see you will be doing also:) I have never been to disney in the winter and you are going at a great time to see all the decorations. I see you are going to school for Elementary Education-- I went to college for 3 years for Family and consumer sciences education and then changed my major-- which i wish i never changed it! Good luck with school!! I am looking forward to reading more!!!

Yay! You started a pre-tr! :banana:

Just out of curiosity, do you remember what you put as your anticipated finish time when you signed up for the half? I put 3 hours, but am definitely shooting for under that. I want to get to around 10 min/mile so I can have plenty of cushion in case any cute characters distract me :laughing:

Yay you started your PTR! I was going through withdrawals! You are so lucky that you get to go in January. I would love to go down to WDW during Christmas and see all of the decorations. I keep hinting to DH that a weekend getaway in December would make for a nice early Christmas present lol.

Good luck with school! It will be worth it once you are all done. I teach 5th grade and love it.

Lynn,
do you mind if I ask how much is was to add the Dlx Dining plan? I am guessing you added the AP plan....we have thought about it and thought about it....but its such a huge chunk of money up front.;)

I have noticed that every time I call Disney to make a change to my ressie I get offered/bullied almost to add the deluxe dining plan...but they never quite come out and say how much it is...;) I think its about $950 for AP for our 7 day stay....:teacher:

Hi Lynn,
:banana:popcorn:: yes you have another PTR , just got to say I enjoy reading both you and Tim TR so yay !!!!!!!!
And congats on school and half marathon .:thumbsup2

Lynn!! How did I not know you started your Jan PTR yet?? I swear, I'm so behind on DIS stuff. Anyway. I'm SOOOOO excited you started already. I was already starting to suffer withdraw since your TR ended. :rotfl:

I didn't realize you'd be there just in time to see the end of the Christmas decorations. You are going to LOVE it!!! They make WDW look even more amazing. The Osborne lights are so cool. I was in love! :lovestruc

Hope classes are going well! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more.

Hey Lynn! Congrats on your running goals! I can't wait to hear about how you do in all of your races. Looking forward to more!

Hi, Lynn! I just love your trip reports although I did start lurking near the end of the last one. Can't wait to follow along with this one! :thumbsup2

I'm in! So excited to read another one of your GREAT PTR/TR! Congratulations on starting school!

Lynn, so nice to see a new TR! I just read the beginning of this and realized that you and Tim have been together since you were 16. My DH and I started seeing each other at 15 and we have been together 20 years. We are both Disney fans, too and could never be sick of it!

Good luck in school...it is well worth it and above all, keep a good attitude about it!

Yeah you've started your pre-trip report.

I have a question you mentioned a new Segway tour..... Can you tell me more. :)

Yay! You started it! I'm in!

YAY You're here!!

I'm here and looking forward to another trip with you guys

Hi Shan!!!!!!

I'm in!!

I love your reports!

(and wow....this PTR getting subscribed to at supersonic speed)

HEY!!!!! I know lol, it's up to 3 pages already lol. Dag.

I'm in!

I'm running the half as well! Unlike you I have NEVER been a runner and starting was like death! :rotfl2: Now I can run around 5 miles without thinking! This is probably one of the best things I have done. I can't wait to get better!

My fiance is running it with me--is Tim running with you?? We are running a
5k July 18th and a 10k in October.

I can't wait to read your report!

You are!!! That is awesome. Good for you! It's amazing to feel how strong you get with all your training.

No Tim is not running, he has bad knees. He is going to be so jealous of me and my Donald medal lol!

That's cause Lynn has DIS royalty/celebrity status.

Oh gosh lol.

:wave:I'm in! Can't wait for more.

Hi!!! Welcome.

If they offer homeschool days during that time we'll definitely be there and we have to meet up! By then I should be a "skinny" person so I could do the run as well and make it to the end. Deluxe dining rocks if ya can eat it all! Have ya'll been to all the dinner shows? If not that is the time to try those out too! I'm here with ya girly!

YAY Tammy!!! Hey girl. YES you have to go so I can meet you!!!! Aww I want to see your kids. They are the cutest lol.

I'm nervous about all the food lol. I can never finish my meal as it is. But I think it will be worth trying. What dinner show do you recommend?

I am excited to be in on this report from the beginning for a change.

I was considering running the Princess half in March but I don't think it is going to happen. Maybe reading about your preparations will inspire me to reconsider.

I am so on the fence with DVC, I think I just need to give it some time.

Can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Hey!! YAY you're here. Oh you should totally do it if you want!!! It's a lot of work, but you can do it. It didn't take me long at all to get to where I am. Yeah look into DVC and give it some time.

Hi Lynn, followed you over from your May report.

Deluxe Dining sounds wonderful especially if you are going to eat at 2 credit restaurants. I can't wait to hear more of your plans.

HEY!!!! WOO so glad all of you are with me in the PTR. I love you guys.

Yeah I think it will be so worth it.

Hi Lynn!

I'm here too!!!!

YES!!! HI!!!

Yay! So glad you started this I'm definitely in!

And I want to tell you now - give you fair warning and all - you have to do the 2011 marathon. I'll be done with school by then and our APs from the wedding will still be good, so I decided I'm definitely going to do the marathon again in '11. Just want you to start mentally preparing.
Looking forward to more!

Emily I will be going then!!! I will so do it. I plan on it.

Did you get your wedding date yet?

Hey Lynn! So excited you started your PTR for January! And I'm glad you're liking classes so far! :thumbsup2 I hope they go well!! My minor was secondary ed, so let me know if you have any questions (not that I could really help at all, ha!).

Hey! Thank you very much. So far so good. I will def let you know lol. Thanks.

I'm so excited to be here for one of your PTR's! I always come in near the end of one of your TR's! Dbf and I share an anniversary in May too! :goodvibes

I was going to ask if you have ever worked in a salon before, your hair styles in the parks are always so pretty! We love it down WDW during the Christmas season, we normally go the 3rd week of December, the weather is so nice and the decorations are absolutely amazing! This is the 1st year we won't be going in December, but we're planning on going to the F&G festival next year with a bunch of other DIS'ers! :thumbsup2

Aww that's awesome. Yeah I'm a hair stylist. Thank you.

Ahh I can't wait to see the decorations. Oh you will love F&G festival. Love it. Oh and with a bunch of disers you will have a great time.

Dang, I was hoping to make it on the first page! :rotfl:

Aww sorry Heather lol.

Lynn-I'm going for accounting, maybe eventually be a CPA. I'm probably only going to take one class to begin with because I work 40-45 hours per week, fortunately my employer is willing to work with me on this, plus I am going to probably take the class online so if I really had to I could do homework on vacation.

Tori that is great. Good for you. Be very proud of yourself. Glad you're employer is supporting you. That is great. HAHA you sound like me. That would be me sitting in the room at night in Disney doing homework.

Aww Lynn, I had no idea you & Tim have been together since you were 16!! My BF and I have been together since we were 15 (2004.) I love hearing of other high school sweethearts! Of course we're both just 20 right now but we can't wait to graduate college, get married & honeymoon in our favorite vacation spot...WDW!!!:goodvibes

Yeah we have been. I know, I love hearing about other high school sweethearts. Good for you for being in college. Follow your dreams.

I'm in for your PTR. I love the Christmas decorations at disney!! It's great that you'll be able to see them! I read your last PTR/TR and I loved it! I was a lurker though so I thought I might as well join in on this one!! Can't wait to hear more!!

HEY!!! Welcome. Thank you for coming on and saying hi.

i just found your PTR and am enjoying reading it so far:) first of all what a honor to run in disney:) I wish i have the willpower to run like that:) Also i see that we are doing deluxe dinning-- you are going to have to share how that works out for you-- DH and me are going in Sept-- but we think we might take a trip in the spring and try deluxe to try a lot of the 2 credit places-- like i see you will be doing also:) I have never been to disney in the winter and you are going at a great time to see all the decorations. I see you are going to school for Elementary Education-- I went to college for 3 years for Family and consumer sciences education and then changed my major-- which i wish i never changed it! Good luck with school!! I am looking forward to reading more!!!

Hi! Welcome. Thank you very much, I'm looking forward to the race.

I will let you know how deluxe dining works out. I know I will not be able to eat that much food, but I think it's worth it. I think if you time your meals out right, you will be fine.

It is so nice in Jan. It's like spring time in NJ.. in the 70s. Perfect. Just get's a little cool at night. So happy to get a chance to see the decorations as well.

Yeah I'm so happy to be going. That major sounds cool.

Yay! You started a pre-tr! :banana:

Just out of curiosity, do you remember what you put as your anticipated finish time when you signed up for the half? I put 3 hours, but am definitely shooting for under that. I want to get to around 10 min/mile so I can have plenty of cushion in case any cute characters distract me :laughing:

HEY! I put 2:30 hours I think, but I have to prove I can do it in that time. So after the half marathon in Nov I have to call them with my time so I can change it.

Oh I will not stop for the characters lol. As tempting as it will be, I want to keep going. Once I start a race, I don't stop till I hit the finish line lol. I think a 10 min mile is a great pace.

Yay you started your PTR! I was going through withdrawals! You are so lucky that you get to go in January. I would love to go down to WDW during Christmas and see all of the decorations. I keep hinting to DH that a weekend getaway in December would make for a nice early Christmas present lol.

Good luck with school! It will be worth it once you are all done. I teach 5th grade and love it.

Aww lol. Yeah me too haha. You should go, that would be an awesome picture.

OOh how are the fifth graders? I'm leaning towards the younger ones, but I don't think I would mind teaching 5th grade. I would love to do kindi or first. They are so cute.

Lynn,
do you mind if I ask how much is was to add the Dlx Dining plan? I am guessing you added the AP plan....we have thought about it and thought about it....but its such a huge chunk of money up front.;)

I have noticed that every time I call Disney to make a change to my ressie I get offered/bullied almost to add the deluxe dining plan...but they never quite come out and say how much it is...;) I think its about $950 for AP for our 7 day stay....:teacher:

I think the deluxe is $70 a day. I think. We are going 9 nights, and it's going to be like $1000 for the both us. That is crazy!! But, it's all we are really paying for, and we love Disney food. We would most likely spend more than that anyway, plus having the meals paid for already is so nice lol.

Hi Lynn,
:banana:popcorn:: yes you have another PTR , just got to say I enjoy reading both you and Tim TR so yay !!!!!!!!
And congats on school and half marathon .:thumbsup2

Hi! Thank you very much.

Lynn!! How did I not know you started your Jan PTR yet?? I swear, I'm so behind on DIS stuff. Anyway. I'm SOOOOO excited you started already. I was already starting to suffer withdraw since your TR ended. :rotfl:

I didn't realize you'd be there just in time to see the end of the Christmas decorations. You are going to LOVE it!!! They make WDW look even more amazing. The Osborne lights are so cool. I was in love! :lovestruc

Hope classes are going well! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear more.

I just started it girl! You're not behind lol. Me too girl lol.

AHH I can't wait. Thanks, my class is great so far.

Hey Lynn! Congrats on your running goals! I can't wait to hear about how you do in all of your races. Looking forward to more!

Hi!!!! Thanks!!

Hi, Lynn! I just love your trip reports although I did start lurking near the end of the last one. Can't wait to follow along with this one! :thumbsup2

Hey that's ok! Glad you're here.

I'm in! So excited to read another one of your GREAT PTR/TR! Congratulations on starting school!

WOO Hoo!! Thank you!!

You will be there almost the same dates as us!! I am registered for the Half as well! Looking forward to reading your Pre-TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter