Running out of points last night?

oceanmarina

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We will be on the deluxe dining plan on our trip next month, we calculated our points and since we have a handful of signature booked, we will be 2 points short on our last dinner the night before we check out. (At le cellier)

How does that work when we get the bill? Can we choose to pay out of pocket for DD's meal (which will be a lot cheaper than paying out of pocket for mine or dh's or dad's steak meal, as she is under 9 on the children's menu). I wasn't sure if they will let us pay out of pocket for the cheaper meal.

Assuming they don't quit pooling adult/child credits between now and then on the DxDDP....yes, you can pay for the cheaper meal OOP.

I imagine your calculations might change as the week progresses. We ended up sharing a meal here and there in order to keep food waste to a minimum. You may have plenty of credits to pay for all of your meals.

Before you order, you tell your server which people will be using the DP and which will be OOP. You can do what ever you like.

Hi all,

We will be on the deluxe dining plan on our trip next month, we calculated our points and since we have a handful of signature booked, we will be 2 points short on our last dinner the night before we check out. (At le cellier)

How does that work when we get the bill? Can we choose to pay out of pocket for DD's meal (which will be a lot cheaper than paying out of pocket for mine or dh's or dad's steak meal, as she is under 9 on the children's menu). I wasn't sure if they will let us pay out of pocket for the cheaper meal.
We’ve done exactly this on the DxDP multiple times (use credits for the adult meals and pay OOP for the children’s meal). It’s a great way to stretch the credits on the Deluxe plan.

Hi all,

As others have said you can pay OOP for the meal you want to but you might look at the rest of your schedule and see other places that would be the cheapest days to pay OOP for a meal and make sure that your using the credits to the max and only pay OOP for the two credits that would be the cheapest for you. Remember you can do it and anytime through out your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter