Running for Freedom(of the Seas) The Journey Begins Today!(Comments Welcome)

As happens every Monday, my weight is up because I do not run today. I am not going to worry about it,, just stay on plan, tomorrow I am running again.
Slept in a bit (6:30 WOOT!!) DD has her class picnic today, hope it doesn't rain on them.

No exercise, no points

weight: 163.4

points for today: 22

breakfast: 7 pts
coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts

lunch: 15 pts
soup 1 pt
bread 2 pts
bacon 3 pts
mayo 2 pts
sweet potato fries 4 pts
macaroni salad 3 pts

dinner: 5 pts
yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts

points used: 27
flex used: 5
flex remaining:23

Thank goodness school is almost over. DD is just a PITA with the end of year stuff. Looking forward to the summer.

Yesterday was a bad eating day, I over did it big time. Used a lot of flex points, but I guess that is what they are for. Have to save some for Thursday and DD's moving up day. We are going out for lunch with the family (at least my dad and his gf) after the ceremony.

Ran 3 miles this morning in 30:20, 10:07 avg pace. Not too bad. Earned 4 exercise points.

weight: 163.4, fantastic considering yesterdays treachery.

points for today: 22 + 4 = 26

breakfast: 8 pts
coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 7 pts
granola 4 pts
yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner: tbd

98% humidity this morning for my run. Can we say UGH! But apparently I run well in it, since I did my 3 miles in 30:02. But I couldn't stop sweating even after I finished!! I was a puddle for sure.

Life continues to be one drama after another-boss's wife still in the hospital and he leaves early each day to go there; DH's aunt is in town from SC to visit her dying mother (grandma has Alzheimers, now has cyanosis, poor circulation etc.) FIL is in such denial that this is then end that he is just off the deep end. DD "graduates" from 5th grade tomorrow, there is much hype about that too. Thank goodness I get out to run.

Earned 4 exercise points this morning for my efforts.

weight: down to 163, frustrating to not see the scale move as quickly as I would like.

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 10 pts
roll 3 pts
bologna 2 pts
chips 2 pts
ww yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts

Thanks Denise! Actually, we went on Freedom this past January after the Disney Half Marathon. But I am too lazy to start a new journal:rolleyes1 so I just kept this one going.

If you haven't been on Freedom, you will love it! It was an awesome trip, even though the weather was less than stellar, we missed Labadee due to rain and then the earthquake hit later that day. If you have any questions, let me know, I'll be happy to answer them. And DH and I do a podcast about cruising on Royal Caribbean if that interests you. Its www dot crowncast dot org.

Thanks for the link to your podcasts...very informative. This will be our first cruise on Freedom OTS and we're counting the days! Do you have a link to any of your pics from the cruise?

I went back and read some of your posts a and I'm very impressed with your dedication and training! My son is training for his first 1/2 so I've been reading his journal too. I'll never be a runner but I admire those who can do it!

Have yourself a great week!

First, Dee, glad you like the podcast. I don't have any of the photos up, DH has them all on his computer at this point. When I get them up I will let you know.

So once again, I didn't post for a few days. Life here has been busy. DD "graduated" from 5th grade on Thursday, a day so hot and humid it was awful. I ran 3 miles that morning in 98% humidity, it was just terrible. Thankfully the humidity has broken and running my 8 miles today was much more comfortable.

Ran 8 miles in 1:28:49, 11:05 avg pace. Rolling hills, ran on the road instead of on the trails. A bit different. Earned 11 points.

weight: 162, back to something reasonable.

points for today: 22 + 11 = 33

pre-run/during run: 5 pts
bread with peanut butter 3 pts
cytomax 2 pts

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 9 pts
granola 4 pts
yogurt 1 pt
cookies 4 pts

dinner: 11 pts
sweet potato 3 pts
brummel and brown 1 pt
ribs 4 pts
corn on the cob 2 pts
IBCINB spray 0 pts
ff banana "mousse" 1 pt

Humidity is starting to creep back up, but I managed to get in a 4 mile run early this morning. I cannot believe how much more I am enjoying my running now that I am going solo. I know I keep saying it, but it is just so awesome. I got up when I wanted to and ran where I wanted to. I walked when I needed to. And I ran my 4 miles in under 40 minutes. 39:49 to be exact. Thats a 9:58/mile pace. That is my race pace. Can I do it? I absolutely believe I can. And losing 15 more pounds before we go to DL will do nothing but help me to keep up that pace.

Earned 5 pts for my run.

weight: 160.8, only up 0.4 from last weeks weigh in. Not bad considering.

points for today: 22 + 5 = 27

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 5 pts
ham 1 pt
bread 1 pt
mustard 0 pts
chips 2 pts
ff banana mousse 1 pt

Funny I just saw what my weight was last Monday. Its pretty much the same. Last week was basically a maintain, which is always better than a gain. So I can't complain.
Now that we are into our summer schedule, it should be a bit easier to stay on plan. Plus my running is gearing up, so that will help too.

No exercise today, no points

weight: 163.6

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: tbd

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts

flex remaining: 30

Another hot humid morning. UGH. I really wasn't feeling it today, walked quite a bit. Put in the miles, but they weren't my best. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

3 miles in 33 minutes, 11:00 pace:headache: 4 pts earned

weight: forgot to weigh in

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

dinner:
tbd

Veronica
Glad to see you are still hanging in there.Your pace is great.Isn't this humidity something?

I see you are running alone now, congrats that makes life easier.

Linda

Hey Linda!!! I wondered where you went to! Next I gotta poke Laurie and see what she is up to. Yes I am running alone, best decision I have made. I am running better, faster, with less post run pain. Not carrying the baggage of the inlaws makes a huge difference! I will pop on over to your journal to ask about EE.

Ran 3 miles this morning, 29:58, 9:59 pace. I'm back baby!!! After yesterdays terrible outing, this was totally awesome and makes me feel so much better. Tomorrow is a 4 miler, looking forward to another low/no humidity morning.
Earned 4 pts for my efforts today.

weight: 164, bouncing around again

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

yogurt 1 pt
granola 4 pts
fiber plus bar 2 pts

Another beautiful morning for running. Cool, clear, zero humidity. What more can you ask for?
This was my first 4 mile tempo run, I was concerned about maintaining my pace for that extra mile. No worries, ran 4 miles in 39:35, 9:53 avg pace. Earned 5 points for it.

weight: 162.2, yeah!

points for today: 22 + 5 = 27

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

granola 4 pts
yogurt 1 pt
fiber plus bar 2 pts

Veronica great pace you have going on there!

I went on you and Jaime's podcast- that is so cool you guys do that.

I may have questions in the future for you.

Linda

A beautiful morning here in NY, a tease since the heat and humidity are coming back this week with a vengence. I am not looking forward to it at all.

Ran 9 miles in 1:35:59, 10:40 avg pace. Pretty good if I do say so myself. I tried something different today. I ate my regular 1/2 peanut butter sandwich before going out but only had Cytomax during the run. No gels, beans or other "food" fuel. Felt terrific. I may be one of those people who does just fine without fuel except for electolyte drinks. I will try it again and see if I get the same results. Earned 12 points for my run.

weight: 160.4, close to the 150's again, hoping to see it tomorrow!

points for today: 22 + 12 = 34

pre-run and run: 6 pts
half peanut butter and jelly sandwich 3 pts
cytomax 3 pts

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

So yesterdays run was awesome. Then the debauchery began. Too much alcohol, too much food, too much sun. This morning was either a rest day or 5 miles. I seriously considered rest until I got on the scale. Then I went and got my running gear on. Trying to atone for yesterdays sins;)

Humidity is back, will be here all week. I am not looking forward to my runs Tues, Weds and Thursday in it. But its what I have to do.
Earned 7 pts for my 5 mile run in 52:17.

weight: 162, not nearly as bad as it could have been

points for today: 22 + 7 = 29

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: tbd

Boy I didn't realize that I hadn't posted on here for the whole week! Lordy, with this heat wave we have had my mind has turned to mush!

It was an ok week-DD was sick with the stomach bug Monday, then I had a touch of it Tues night/Weds am. Heat has just been unbearable. Work this week was good, our "office manager" was out on vacation, so it was quiet and peaceful in the office. Unfortunately, she is back on monday, and the tension will ratchet up quickly.

Raining this morning, ran 6 miles. It was glorious. Not hot and humid and hard to breathe. Actually felt a chill at one point, imagine. I did two 3 mile loops in my neighborhood, just in case the weather really turned on me. Good thing, as about a mile into the first loop I had to start doing "The Dance" So I made a pit stop at my house at the end of the first 3 miles. Ran 1:04, avg pace 10:48. Earned me 8 pts.

weight: 160.8, still can't break through to the 150's:headache:

points for today: 22 + 8 = 30

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 11 pts
roll 3 pts
turkey 1 pt
ranch 2 pts
chips 4 pts
skinny cow fudge bar 1 pt

Great run yesterday! I never seem to do the potty dance during training but always at the darn race!

I bet you will see the 150s this week for sure.

Linda

Yesterday was my friends 50th birthday party. I of course overindulged yet again. And even though I ran this morning, my weight was still up.

Ran 3 miles in 29:25, one of my best times yet. Earned 4 pts

weight: 161.8

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: 11 pts
sandwich thin 1 pt
turkey 1 pt
guacamole 2 pts
chips 4 pts
pudding 1 pt
pb cups 2 pts

Another work week, our office manager is back from vacation, so stress will go back up quickly. I really need to buckle down and stay on my eating plan; I keep derailing.

No running today, so no points

weight: back up to 164.2, ate ice cream and popcorn last night:sad2:

coffee 0 pts
sf hot chocolate 1 pt
ww bread 1 pt
peanut butter 5 pts
applesauce 1 pt

lunch: tbd, 7 pts available

dinner: 7 pts
sandwich thin 1 pt
turkey 1 pt
guacamole 2 pts
chips 2 pts
pudding 1 pt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter