RunDisney Swag Perks

To me, the more I pay for a race the more swag I generally expect to get. I pay $25 for a local 5K get a nice shirt and a medal along with a good course.

The price I pay for runDisney events are worth the experience, medal, and shirt by itself. HOWEVER, I do wish we could get more samples from a lot of the vendors in our bags. I understand if stay for the expo you can sample a lot but some people just don't have the time.

But the food boxes this year was interesting. I think its more so to cut overall cost while ensuring enough of the later runners have something. I do miss the mini Builder Bars!

I totally agree that the course, the experience and the medals are the real draw. But I think the majority of people are excited and thrilled when a race does go above and beyond on the swag. The RunDisney races are expensive so it would be nice to say, yeah, but look at the cool swag that comes along with it.
I think more and more races are upping the bling'ed out medals and shirts and Disney should do the same with the swag.

I mean, it's Disney, a nice Disney logo mesh bag would cost them pennies on the dollar and they're haul for races are in the millions. I just think it would add to the experience!

Just a thought.....

Having never done a race, I can say my expectations for the swag are very low. I really just want the medal and a cool shirt anyway.

I have more bags than I know what to do with, and unless I can carry groceries in them, "free" bags usually go to Goodwill pretty quickly.

I wouldn't mind seeing a free car magnet, or sports bottle or something like that.

Samples from vendors would be nice. I go to my company's benefits fair every year - and usually come back with 15-20 freebies. Pens, Post-It Notes, Band-Aid cases, pill cases, flashlights - it's a great way to remember a vendor's name and number.

But, again, all I want is the medal and shirt. But useful free stuff is always appreciated.

HOWEVER, I do wish we could get more samples from a lot of the vendors in our bags. I understand if stay for the expo you can sample a lot but some people just don't have the time. But the food boxes this year was interesting. I think its more so to cut overall cost while ensuring enough of the later runners have something. I do miss the mini Builder Bars!

It's funny how we all value different things. More stuff from vendors in a bag is the last thing I want because I just end up throwing most of it away. I would much rather have a really nice short-sleeve shirt, or even a lower entry fee :)

I got all of the race pins for free this year. I selected them when I signed up for the races. My wife and her friends that I registered also got theirs for free. They were listed with a cost of $0.00.

I think that Disney's finishers medals are awesome - far better than any other races that I have run. That is sufficient for me for "swag". I just wish that their race shirts were short sleeve. I don't wear long sleeve shirts in training often enough to use them. They will end up in a donation bin.

there is a spot where it says $0.00, but there is another spot that shows the actual price.

Oh, I'm all about lower race entries! But somehow, especially now with the races selling out so darn quick, I just don't see that happening. So pour on the swag as justification!!

Tower Of Terror,.....here we come!:cool1:

i actually like the long sleeve tech shirts! the ones for dopey this year were great (for me!) and i've gotten alot of use out of them....except for the dopey one which is white and will be pit-stained before i know it, wah.

i wish they would make the post-race boxes better. or at least different. that's hard b/c people have so many tastes. it would be great if they had just regular stuff in there - plain salty chips or pretzels instead of the weird blueberry crunchy things. regular chocolate for those that need sweet after. just normal stuff that people eat on a regular basis. pretzels, pb, banana, chocolate. done. not like, hummus and a mint flavored protein bar. ick.

i liked when they would have whole fruit at the end and bagels and those disgusting greasy muffins. oh man was that disgusting greasy muffin so disgustingly awesome ;)

i liked when they would have whole fruit at the end and bagels and those disgusting greasy muffins. oh man was that disgusting greasy muffin so disgustingly awesome ;)

:)

They had disgustingly greasy muffins at the race retreat for the WDW Half. I had two. And scrambled eggs. And coffee. Best post-run food I've had yet!

Not sure if the food was worth $120, though maybe if I'd filled up my plastic gear bag ith 'em it would have been more worth it, LOL.

BUT I'm a person that needs real food, fast, after a long run, and apart from having the January 2014 plague and all the lung stuff that went along with that, I actually felt really good after that Half, not shakey, not cold (I was freezing after last year's TOT, even with a long sleeved shirt on, to give you an example of how I get cold even when it's broiling), not wanting to faint...

So those greasy muffins were actually kinda worth the $60 each for them. :rotfl:

I like the long sleeve tech shirts too. I have so many short sleeved shirts it is nice to get long sleeves for a change!

And I wish they gave out milk and something more substantial to eat after the half and full races.

Me too, I liked the long sleeve tech shirts. Same here, I have a ton of the short sleeved. But in Louisiana there's not a big need for many long sleeved shirts.

Chocolate milk, real chocolate milk - not some protein drink would be great after the race. And I agree with the regular chips or pretzels. I was pleased with the box but a few changes would be great.

In Louisiana, I'm so used of having tons of food after the races, gumbo, jambalaya, tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, fried fish, so it's hard to compare, but the box was a nice touch.

Running in one this weekend, properly called the Fat Boy 5K. They serve donuts, chocolate milk, moon pies and huge sausage poboys before and after the race. You don't even have to race. And beer of course.

I must have missed the gooey muffins and scrambled eggs!!

there is a spot where it says $0.00, but there is another spot that shows the actual price.

We were not charged. My credit card bill and invoices all only show the cost of the races and the Active.com processing fees. Nothing else. I just checked again to be sure.

I know that this year they came out with a new Coast to Coast that was pink and specific to two races. Any news of them doing that with other races? I thinking if they add a Star Wars Marathon they may partner up with the Avengers. But I seriously want the standard blue one. Ran in January but can't make it to Cali this year. Did look very hard at it, but decided on a quick trip for the ToT.

My first Disney race in 2011 the swag bag was great. Mesh bag, lots of free samples and lots of coupons for the various vendors at the expo. Maybe with the announcement of more races they might bring these nicer bags back but I will not be disappointed if they don't. To me it's more about the race, being at Disney and my friends then the swag bag.

Which race? I did Donald 2011 and just got the plastic gear check bag.

Has there ever been any legacy medals given out for Disney races??

I wish I could have gotten in on one from the beginning. Hey, there is always a chance at a Star Wars one!!! :cheer2:

Has there ever been any legacy medals given out for Disney races?? I wish I could have gotten in on one from the beginning. Hey, there is always a chance at a Star Wars one!!! :cheer2:

I think it is legacy bins and lanyards. I may be wrong, but I don't think the medal itself is any different.

Ok. Did anyone or everyone see the RunDisney gear bag that was being offered at the Boston Marathon Expo on Facebook?? Lots of people obviously did and want them and there was a number of people who weren't too happy about it. I believe if you sign up for a Disney race at the expo you received a bag. Plenty of people, including myself, asked the question of why aren't these bags offered or given to runners who compete in RunDisney events. The same ones that have been doing the events, the same ones who have spent hundreds of dollars and still don't receive this swag!

I hope that the shot-caller for RunDisney sees all of these comments that people make concerning this!

Your thoughts?

Ok. Did anyone or everyone see the RunDisney gear bag that was being offered at the Boston Marathon Expo on Facebook?? Lots of people obviously did and want them and there was a number of people who weren't too happy about it. I believe if you sign up for a Disney race at the expo you received a bag. Plenty of people, including myself, asked the question of why aren't these bags offered or given to runners who compete in RunDisney events. The same ones that have been doing the events, the same ones who have spent hundreds of dollars and still don't receive this swag!

I hope that the shot-caller for RunDisney sees all of these comments that people make concerning this!

Your thoughts?

A lot of different races give out nice bags, t-shirts or provide discounts for people who sign up at expos besides Disney. None of those things were given to people who signed up on line. In my opinion, I think Disney is more likely to not give out anything at all at expos (because they no longer need to), rather than provide that back pack to thousands of people per race. It was not part of the race swag. It was to entice people to part with their money on the spot.

The people on Facebook aren't happy with a lot of things. Some realistic, some of it not.

I believe if you sign up for a Disney race at the expo you received a bag.

Well....what disney race is there to be signed up for, anyway? Besides the TOT 5K, as far as I can tell, everything is still in pre-registration or is sold out.

That's my question, because whether or not people were getting rundisney bags is moot if there was nothing to actually sign up for.

What facebook pages were you seeing this on?

Me too, I liked the long sleeve tech shirts. Same here, I have a ton of the short sleeved. But in Louisiana there's not a big need for many long sleeved shirts.

Chocolate milk, real chocolate milk - not some protein drink would be great after the race. And I agree with the regular chips or pretzels. I was pleased with the box but a few changes would be great.

In Louisiana, I'm so used of having tons of food after the races, gumbo, jambalaya, tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, fried fish, so it's hard to compare, but the box was a nice touch.!

Yes, please chocolate milk!! We have chocolate milk readily available after our huge half/full marathon here and it helps me recover so quickly. Sorry for milk allergies but man, I wish RunDisney would read this memo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter