Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they'll even be that far behind them. I'm curious if they do honor existing reservations, if they would be opening all of the resorts or move people to only have a couple resorts open if capacity allows. Maybe at skyliner and monorail resorts?
Transportation will be interesting too. We're booked 6/21 at Pop Century, I do really like POP for one of the value hotels and the renovated rooms, but I booked it for the skyliner access as well.
And with the price increases skyliner resorts have seen you paid for that skyliner access as well...

I wonder if the new CDC news that the virus isn't transmitted via surfaces (at least as much as originally feared) changes these plans?
I would say not at this point because
1) CDC didn't recommend changing any cleaning protocols
2) CDC didn't release studies or details of the studies, so institutions don't know exactly what might be ok and what might not be

I ADORE the Duddley Do-Right ride... but I get so soaked I wait and pay for the dryer every time. So I can walk away 80% wet instead of 100% lol.
I was amazed at how wet the entire family ended up after that ride. And we definitely used the dryer. You can get that wet on Kali too (or at least I did once) but it usually isn't everyone on Kali.

I was amazed at how wet the entire family ended up after that ride. And we definitely used the dryer. You can get that wet on Kali too (or at least I did once) but it usually isn't everyone on Kali.
Bluto's Barges is even worse. They basically just dump buckets of water on everyone. Great ride though. We basically have a "swim" day where we go in clothes expecting to be soaked for those 2 rides then head back to the hotel to change.

Just got off the phone with Universal AP services, my pass has already been extended to Aug 9th, IDK what math they are using, my ap was automatically renewing April 7th and I don't have to pay again until Aug 9th now, really don't care :D
She said they don't have actual procedures on reopening for AP but to keep an eye on my email

No real comments on Universals third part resorts opening back up. I know someone posted that timeshares in St Augustine have to have 24 or 48 hours between guests (I forget which) and all linens must be professionally washed. Not sure if any of that is also for hotels, but that includes bedspreads.
Logistically that could be a hill to overcome.

I would say not at this point because
1) CDC didn't recommend changing any cleaning protocols
2) CDC didn't release studies or details of the studies, so institutions don't know exactly what might be ok and what might not be
Well either way .. it is something that points to this not being "as bad" as feared when this all started. I think this and more good reports about (hopefully) no huge spikes or outbreaks after things open up will get people to feel more comfortable going back to public places like theme parks.

Even if Disney opens June 14 .. (I guess they could open up parks earlier, doesn't mean their resorts have to be open) .. there is still a lot of information they need to get out there on how they will open up .. and how they will handle existing reservations.

At this point . .just wipe the slate clean (cancel all reservations, ADRs, fast passes) for the next month or two) .. and let us all start over from scratch based on that information.

Granted that would be chaotic, but I think trying to accommodate people who have "normal" vacations booked during this initial opening period will be chaotic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter