• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rpr Stay

DISJAZZ

Mouseketeer
The RPR is very elegant. We stayed there from DEC 6- DEC 9. It's a beautiful resort. We arrived at about 5:30 pm on the 6th. The young lady at the gate told us "Welcome to the islands!" I dropped off the family and went to self-parking. Parking can be a problem at the resort. It is a convention center and I think they were having a big Christmas party that night. There were no parking spaces in the self-parking lot. I drove around until someone finally left. I never had parking problems the rest of the stay. I think that Friday and Saturday nights might be a problem with parties going on at the resort. The folks handling luggage at the front door were great. They were very helpful and friendly. I was a little worried about check-in because of some of the reports that I have read on the boards. Check-in turned out to be great. The young lady working there was pleasant and well informed. We received our Loew's first night benefits (milk and cookies) without any problem. Our room was on the 7th floor in Tower 1. We had a great view of the beautiful pool area. It was a good-sized room. The room was in great shape. They have big, fluffy towels. We ate at Jakes twice. Great food and wonderful service. I wish that the RPR had a counter-service restaurant like the Roaring Forks at the Wilderness Lodge. Food can be a bit expensive at the resort. The pool looked like fun, but the weather was just too cold for us to use it and we're from the frozen North! We used the boats to go to the theme parks and they were fine. My wife thought that they were romantic to ride in at night. Housekeeping was great. Our room was always clean and we never had any problem with late housekeeping service. The resort never seemed crowded. There were some people walking around with name tags, so I guess there were business meetings going on. Checkout was easy. Strengths: great employees, feeling of elegance at a reasonable price, nice-sized and clean room, boats to the theme parks. Areas For Improvement: more self-parking spaces, stains on the hallway rugs, put in a counter-service restaurant.

Thanks for the good review!! Our RP trip is coming up fast! I'm so busy getting ready for Christmas that the time is just flying by (not usually the case!) Anyways, I was wondering what kind of a rate you had - whether you booked with entertainment, aaa, etc. We booked an APH rate and were hoping we would still get our Loews benefits. Also, were you just lucky to get a 7th floor, tower 1, or did you put in a request for it?

Thanks! And welcome back!!

princess:

Hi Threeboysmom! We stayed at the RPR under their military rate. We have found that military rates are good rates, but many hotels give you a nice view of the garbage cans when you receive the military rate ( other people are paying more and receive the better rooms). That wasn't the case with the RPR. We booked a Water View room and they gave us a great Water View room! We didn't request the 7th floor, they just gave it to us. You might ask to stay away from the 4th floor rooms if you have any problems with animal allergies or odors. The 4th floor is where the people with pets stay. The Front of The Line (FOTL) benefit is also great. It wasn't very busy when we were there, but we still saved some time using this benefit. And time is money to me when I'm on vacation! Have a great stay at the RPR!

Great report. Thank you for sharing. We love that resort. Parking is always an issue. We experienced the same thing this past summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter