ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

Just booked our first stay at a Universal hotel (Royal Pacific) on Monday, how long before I will receive a confirmation. Do they email and send confirmation letter like Disney does?
Yes, you should get one within a few minutes. It's usually not instant but comes within 10-20 minutes. If you don't get one, I'd call Universal.

Can you recommend the best tower to stay in? Is there one more updated than others? I definitely don't want to be in a building with pets, as I have allergies. I heard they put all pets in one building but I can't find the thread. The reviews have been mixed on the hotel.
Most have good but several note not clean or dated. I just want to be comfortable and cleanliness in a hotel is really important.
Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Tower 2 is the one that allows pets on the lower floors. So I'd ask for a room in Tower 1 or 3. Tower 3 will be closer to the boat launch and Tower 1 will be closer to the walking path to the parks/CityWalk. I stayed in April and had zero issues with the room cleanliness or functionality, even compared with Sapphire Falls, where I usually stay--trust me, I have also read the reviews. The hotel could use a room refresh given the high occupancy, but I'm not working at Universal or Loews to make that happen. I don't think you'll have an issue with the cleanliness; the rooms are dated, but they do a good job keeping them clean. If you are unhappy, you can always ask for another room.

So the temporary closure of Islands Dining Room seems to have been postponed/delayed and it`s still open as of now. I don`t believe the have publicly announced when the refurb will happen just yet, but hopefully they`ll announce it and we`ll know for sure.

Good news for those of us going soon!!!

Just came home from a stay at the Royal Pacific. All hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. We checked in around 11am. No line at check in. Our rooms were ready around 2:00. We asked for connecting rooms and we did get them. We stayed in Tower 1. The layout of the resort is so easy to maneuver that it wouldn't have mattered which tower we were in. We only asked not to be in tower 2, as it is pet friendly and I have allergies. Everything throughout the resort was clean and well kept. Yes, the rooms, hallways and Island Dining could all use a refresh, but we didn't have any issue with any of it. Housekeeping came in daily and did a good job. We always had plenty of towels. We ate at Jakes the first day. My Mahi Sandwich and fries were really good. Others had the wings and nacho's. They said they were okay, nothing special. We ate a dinner and a breakfast at Island Dining. Both were good. Some small mixed reviews from our group, but nothing bad. Overall good. We had lunch by the pool one day. Nachos and a ceasar salad with mahi. Both very good. Drinks were good there too. Water taxi service always seemed available both to and from the hotel/city walk. The only issue was the occasional shut down due to weather. One day they were shut down for over an hour and it never rained. They said lightening in the area, but we never saw anything. We took their bus shuttle service to/from City Walk twice. That was slow. Water taxi is the way to go if it's running. We also took the airport shuttle service that was offered at the time of booking. That was very convenient. Overall it was great time and a great stay.

Anyone else arriving tomorrow? We should arrive at Royal Pacific around 3 PM.

Edit: Flight delay now has arriving after 7PM. ☹️

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest