Royal carriage swap-#1 STROLLER-MISSING-FOUND-MISSING AGAIN

What are the three most important accessories to you, as a swapper?

• Stroller storage bag for stroller's protection

• The Kiddopotamus Sun Shade-extra shade, stroller has a standard shade

• A fan that attaches to the stroller with batteries

• Mommy hook

• Tire Pump and gauge

• Double Rain Cover

• Instruction booklet

• Fix-a-flate for tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say thank you for such a smooth swap - Smeael had it before me and she and her husband did all the good sturdy sewing and patching up of #2. She called me to confirm my receipt of the stroller, which I very much appreciated.

My husband took it to the AAA Car Care center and checked the tires and inflated them.

The pass off to Disneynuts777 seemed to be smooth also. Luggage services was a piece of cake at her resort!!

THANK YOU ALL for making this such a great success for everyone. Isn't it nice to have these beautiful, comfortable strollers for our kids (for CHEAP!!) when all those other folks are tossing their hard-earned money on hard plastic uncomfortable looking WDW strollers?!!! My husband even said, don't these people know that it would be cheaper for them to get in a swap or even buy a new stroller and have it shipped to their resort vs. rent one?

UPDATE ON #1...I just got this PM from urgoinagain

Stroller #1:

Seems to be bouncing a bit, DH checked it out. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong just from normal wear and tear. Whoever sewed the seat did a great job, but I don't think it is going to hold up too much longer. I didn't have a needle, but I thought if the patch was put on and then sewed it would hold up longer. I was thinking, maybe some kind of seam sealer would work good? I can go to Jo-ann's tomorrow and check out what they have to re-enforce the area that seems to be giving trouble. Maybe a patch, heavy duty canvas thread and the sealer? Let me know what you think.

So number#1 needs sewn/patched and sealed.

Maddi,

I will be checking all of the Toys/Babies r Us' in the Atlanta Metro area for some of the things that were listed. We are leaving Friday so hopefully I can find something before then.

Should I bring a sewing kit? Does anything need any kind of repairs or patches?

Let me know & Thanks,

Jenna

Thanks for looking Jenna. It sounds as tho the two stroller you are going to use if in good shape right now. If you would like to put a sewing kit with #2 with heavy thread, that would be awesome as we can't get seats for that style anymore.

I just wanted to say thank you for such a smooth swap - Smeael had it before me and she and her husband did all the good sturdy sewing and patching up of #2. She called me to confirm my receipt of the stroller, which I very much appreciated.

My husband took it to the AAA Car Care center and checked the tires and inflated them.

The pass off to Disneynuts777 seemed to be smooth also. Luggage services was a piece of cake at her resort!!

THANK YOU ALL for making this such a great success for everyone. Isn't it nice to have these beautiful, comfortable strollers for our kids (for CHEAP!!) when all those other folks are tossing their hard-earned money on hard plastic uncomfortable looking WDW strollers?!!! My husband even said, don't these people know that it would be cheaper for them to get in a swap or even buy a new stroller and have it shipped to their resort vs. rent one?

I'm glad it worked so well for you. And he is right...from what I have seen of the new WDW strollers, that can't be very comfy for lil tushies.:lmao:

Thanks for the update and for checking the tires for us!!

I am staying at Coronado Resort September 28 - 30th. Is there any chance I could get in on #5? (fingers crossed!!!!) I can rack up 75 smileys I promise!
Please message me if I can - but I promise to keep checking this thread :)

Thanks for looking Jenna. It sounds as tho the two stroller you are going to use if in good shape right now. If you would like to put a sewing kit with #2 with heavy thread, that would be awesome as we can't get seats for that style anymore.

Consider it done. I will pick up some patches too, just incese something needs to be reinforced. Exactly what colors are the strollers so I can match the thread as close as possible?

Maddi I am having trouble opening my PM's but it will open the forum post so I am putting it here!!!!

I looked for the Model # on #5 and where it was it no longer is. I found the information on another of the strollers but the information has worn off. It is just a little sticker that they put on the back bottom bar that holds the back two wheels together. If it gets wet of rubbed it wears off.:sad2:

I will not be online tomorrow (wed.) as it is our big day at the MK and "princess" Rachel's 5th birthday!!!!!princess:

I will check in on Thurs.

I've read back about 15 pages or so on the thread, so I think I have this right, but my apologies if I've become a little confused! :upsidedow

I think that you aren't adding any more people until you can assess the conditions of the strollers, but that it is okay for people to "waitlist" themselves pending that evaluation? If so, I would like to be considered for Oct. 9-12, where there is apparently an opening right now. I'll send you a PM with the info listed on the first page of the thread as well. Thanks!

no luck yet in the search for additional parts..the search goes on. If I have to I will check the BRUS and TRUS from here to FL. SOmeone has to have something

I'll be there with bells on... definitely the 23rd around 10pm at the pool :banana::banana:

tick tock tick tock :rotfl2:

:scared1::scared1: hopefully more than "bells on" when you are at the pool! I wasn't planning on getting thrown out...well, not thrown out right away anyway!:rotfl::laughing::laughing::rotfl::lmao:

no luck yet in the search for additional parts..the search goes on. If I have to I will check the BRUS and TRUS from here to FL. SOmeone has to have something

Hon, if you can't find them in your neck of the woods...it's ok. We still have plenty of swappers from all over the states. :)

Maddi I am having trouble opening my PM's but it will open the forum post so I am putting it here!!!!

I looked for the Model # on #5 and where it was it no longer is. I found the information on another of the strollers but the information has worn off. It is just a little sticker that they put on the back bottom bar that holds the back two wheels together. If it gets wet of rubbed it wears off.:sad2:

I will not be online tomorrow (wed.) as it is our big day at the MK and "princess" Rachel's 5th birthday!!!!!princess:

I will check in on Thurs.

Ohhh pooopie again.

Ok, let me think and see what I can come up with. Thanks for looking for me. :)

I've read back about 15 pages or so on the thread, so I think I have this right, but my apologies if I've become a little confused! :upsidedow

I think that you aren't adding any more people until you can assess the conditions of the strollers, but that it is okay for people to "waitlist" themselves pending that evaluation? If so, I would like to be considered for Oct. 9-12, where there is apparently an opening right now. I'll send you a PM with the info listed on the first page of the thread as well. Thanks!

If the reports I have gotten are good, then yes I'll be open the certain dates to close major gaps. It's not safe to let the strollers in Luggage services for extended lengths of time as the can become missing, damaged, or Disney could even dispose of them.

If they strollers look good, then I will be accepting one person for each of these time frames:

Swap #1
10/17-31
11/14-21

Swap #2
11/18-27

Swap #5
10/25-11/14
11/18-25

Anything under a week, we should be fine. Where I have stroller sitters, I'm not going to open those dates. Our man goal at this point is getting to the end of the year with useable strollers.

If the reports I have gotten are good, then yes I'll be open the certain dates to close major gaps. It's not safe to let the strollers in Luggage services for extended lengths of time as the can become missing, damaged, or Disney could even dispose of them.

I'm sorry - I guess I did misunderstand then. Since it looked like Oct. 7-12 was open on #5, I thought I could request those dates, but I understand your goal of just getting to the end of the year for the existing swappers. Oh well!

Halfway through my last shift before vacation! Sooo excited.

BTW-can anyone suggest a great place to watch the parade for MNSSHP?

Thanks!

Best place we have found it near the parade entrance back frontierland or near Liberty Tree Tavern for the first Parade. But beware, get there early as it does fill up fast.

We try to stake out a place about 30-45 minutes before the parade. This year, I WILL get a picture of the headless horseman. Every year I miss the shot and I AM going to get it this year. LOL

Hey Maddi, i just got a voicemail today from the person in front of me who is supposed to have stroller #1 right now. She said luggage storage was unable to find the stroller and without a confirmation # they could not help her. She said that she spoke to the person in front of her and they verified they left the stroller with luggage storage but they would not or did not give her a confirmation number. The person in front of me said they do not have internet access down there so they wanted me to relay this on that the stroller is missing.

hello. i am interested in the swap for October 19 & 20. Is this possible. i think it shows the stroller is available?

Thanks,
Kirsten

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter