• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room service sandwich at GF - can't remember name!

Rhonna

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I have a sinking feeling no one will know the answer to this question. We stayed at the GF in fall 2001 and had the same sandwich two or three times from room service.

Now I can't remember the name of it. It was an open face sandwich with some kind of deli type meat (roast beef?), tomato slices and a special kind of imported spreadable cheese - kind of like Neufchatel but flakier and with some herbs in it. It was topped off with bacon bits and all melted under the broiler.

I can't remember ever having such a delicious sandwich. I was hoping to get the name and if at all possible, ask the Poly room service if they could make it for us.

I had in the back of my mind it might be called the Earl of Sandwich but now there is an "Earl of Sandwich" restaurant in DTD and I don't know if I'm confused in my mind about the name.

I can't believe I didn't write it down - I usually keep track of everything.

Thanks,

Rhonna

Know the sadwich you mean....my daughter always orders it at the GF Cafe. I enjoy it too. It was called the Earl of Sandwich for a few years but on the menu at allears it's now called The Grand. Some years back it was something like "The Grand Floridian" ??? So you can always make a trip to the GF Cafe for a fix.

The cheese is boursin....yummy.

Ooops, forgot....the meats are turkey and ham.:D

It is the same sandwich...the name is probably changed on room service (private dining) by now, too.

One difference since you had it Rhonna is that the bread was changed from foccacia to whole wheat. You can ask for foccacia though if you prefer...or at least you could as of November which is the last time my daughter was at WDW. I really don't like it with whole wheat.

BCV23,

Thank you! That's the one. If it's too much trouble at the Poly or they don't have the ingredients, I'll have to run over to the GF Cafe and get it!

Rhonna :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter